[TUT] Giving a wrestler someone else's crowd signs

4 Life

Guy with a newbie question checking in - if I were to open up the pofo in HxD, would the crowd sign values always be at a particular offset, or am I going about this all wrong and it has to be done with cheat engine?

Guy with a newbie question checking in - if I were to open up the pofo in HxD, would the crowd sign values always be at a particular offset, or am I going about this all wrong and it has to be done with cheat engine?

The offsets are always the same inside each .pofo file. You can check out this post to see what which offset does.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

The offsets are always the same inside each .pofo file. You can check out this post to see what which offset does.

Awesome! So, the crowd signs start at offset D8 and run until the end of that line, and if I wanted to replace the first crowd sign with, say, Scott Hall's "Hey Yo" sign, the value for that is 9AB1, so I'd overwrite the current values with B1 9A into the pofo.

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Well, seeing that I've replaced Sting '91 with Wolfpac Sting is every sense possible, figured I'd also replace his crowd signs with custom ones :D

24lsah3.jpg

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Both will work. I just took the audience_dlc10.pac from 2k15 and placed it in the pac directory as it already had the signs for Hogan and RVD. Then I set the  crowd sign values in the pofo to the hex values for the additional signs.

You can create a new pac with the new crowd signs as well if you wish, the procedure is fairly straightforward with X-Packer.

Do you mean you just pasted that straight into the WWE2K16/pac folder? Tried creating a custom one and putting that in the pac folder before giving Nash the values in his pofo and installing it, but the signs aren't showing. Dunno if I misunderstood you and you meant you actually put them inside the audience.pac file, which I assume would mean just making a new 0000.pac archive with the new signs along with the current ones.

EDIT: Well, I'm a newb. I put it in my pac folder assigning new signs to Kevin Nash '96, then I chose the wrong Nash to test them out - working with some alt Nash '96 attires and I tested them out only to see my custom signs in the game. I'm an idiot sometimes :lol

This is really damn cool actually, if we're putting out a new superstar mod with a pofo file, then we could also make a sign pack, create a custom pofo to link to the signs and the downloader would simply have to install the pac, pofo and moveset as normal and copy the signs file into their pac folder for it to work. Awesome :)

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Tried a few things with the signs this morning and you can add signs without replacing:

Awesome find. How does it work? Simply add the sign with a file name of an unused value in a certain range and then use that ID in the .pofo?
If so, what are the minimum and maximum ID values (file name values) for the signs? I' want to make sure to make the whole ID range available in the Data Editor when I implement it so people can easily assign their added signs to the .pofo via the GUI.

I wouldn't really think there'd be a real maximum / minimum aside from what you can fit in 2 bytes (65,535).  are you able to make combo boxes that have a set drop down but also allow typed in values?

Also not sure if you'd want to list the signs in hex or decimal as the decimal would make the order neater right?

Tried a few things with the signs this morning and you can add signs without replacing:

Awesome find. How does it work? Simply add the sign with a file name of an unused value in a certain range and then use that ID in the .pofo?
If so, what are the minimum and maximum ID values (file name values) for the signs? I' want to make sure to make the whole ID range available in the Data Editor when I implement it so people can easily assign their added signs to the .pofo via the GUI.

I wouldn't really think there'd be a real maximum / minimum aside from what you can fit in 2 bytes (65,535).  are you able to make combo boxes that have a set drop down but also allow typed in values?

Also not sure if you'd want to list the signs in hex or decimal as the decimal would make the order neater right?

I haven't started the GUI part yet, but I was thinking a button for crowd signs that pops up a new window that has four dropdown boxes one for each sing slot of the wrestler like with titantrons, etc. with all the possible values and the names added to the known sign IDs.

And yes, decimal would make it a lot neater especially for those not versed in hexadecimal thinking and I could easier populate the list, too. I could convert back and forth like I do with some, but it'd cost performance and take longer to create so I'd rather have the list with decimal values.

Edited by Cave Waverider

I haven't started the GUI part yet, but I was thinking a button for crowd signs that pops up a new window that has four dropdown boxes one for each sing slot of the wrestler like with titantrons, etc. with all the possible values and the names added to the known sign IDs.

And yes, decimal would make it a lot neater especially for those not versed in hexadecimal thinking and I could easier populate the list, too. I could convert back and forth like I do with some, but it'd cost performance and take longer to create so I'd rather have the list with decimal values.

Well, all of the values and IDs should be in the list that Zero Tolerance created.  Posted it already on your pofo research thread but I also wanted to add it here for the discussion.  I put the ID value, and both the big endian and small endian hex versions (now that I know what that means ;)) so you can use any combo that's most helpful to you.

Here's the link:

WWE 2k16 Crowd Signs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bo_-ISy9MIpOA-e_crn_-H8n5oJ3qNmmxwCL9nL9DZw/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by tomwearsglasses

If anyone is making crowd signs, could you please make maybe a pack for some of the modded guys in the game, that would be awesome :) 

• Like 1

crowd_signs.jpg

From the existing crowd signs, it seems like the game uses the wrestler slot plus 1/2/3/4 e.g Hogan's slot was 109 so the crowd sign is 00x2A95 (10901). This is the most logical convention to use for additional slots I think, however you can create any sign name you want and the game should read it.

• Like 1

crowd_signs.jpg

From the existing crowd signs, it seems like the game uses the wrestler slot plus 1/2/3/4 e.g Hogan's slot was 109 so the crowd sign is 00x2A95 (10901). This is the most logical convention to use for additional slots I think, however you can create any sign name you want and the game should read it.

yeah if @Cave Waverider wants a complete list of Signs perhaps do the Slots that we have set with that convention.