[TUT] Giving a wrestler someone else's crowd signs

4 Life

Hi folks, so I discovered this recently and thought some of you would find it useful. This is a very simple modding procedure that allows you to give any wrestler (in-game or modded) someone else's set of crowd signs - for example, if you're installing a modded superstar that was a member of the nWo, you can give them Kevin Nash 96's nWo crowd sign set. You will need  @Cave Waverider's Data Editor tool and @TheVisitorX's Custom Character Tools. How this works is, copying a wrestler's basic information into a pofo (or loading their pofo and then editing it) comes attached with their crowd signs, so all that's required is to load it into your pofo, change the information back, save it and inject it.

Here's how it's done - make sure you have the game running and are at the main menu before starting:

1) Open Data Editor, and use the button in the top left corner to load a full pofo file - load the pofo of the wrester who's crowd signs you want to replace.

2) Make a note of the wrestler's Basic Information - the following categories:

Unlock Status

Set as DLC

Height

Weight Class

3) Use the button at the top to load selected pofo parts. Tick the Basic Information box and load the basic information of the superstar who's crowd signs you want. As established above, loading the basic information into your pofo also loads the crowd signs!

4) Use the drop-down lists to change the basic information back to what it was originally. Click the Install pofo via CCT button near the top of the interface.

5) This will save your pofo and open it with Custom Character Tools. Hit install, then go into your game options and change something (I always change the Game Balancing) and apply the changes to force the game to save. Your crowd signs will now be changed!

That's it :)

Edited by 4LifeBrother
  • Like 4

Thanks for figuring this out and posting it!

I haven't tried this yet so not sure if it works or not.  But I think you can export CAW slot pofos from the game using Custom Character Tools.  Presumably you could mix and match crowd signs and save it to a caw slot, then export it.  So, for like NWO Randy Savage we could take some Macho Man signs from Savage and some NWO signs from Nash.

• Like 1

Thanks for figuring this out and posting it!

I haven't tried this yet so not sure if it works or not.  But I think you can export CAW slot pofos from the game using Custom Character Tools.  Presumably you could mix and match crowd signs and save it to a caw slot, then export it.  So, for like NWO Randy Savage we could take some Macho Man signs from Savage and some NWO signs from Nash.

That sounds like it might just work :)

Nice find. And yes, if the crowd signs work the same way for CAWs and regular wrestlers, it might truly work.

That said, if the info is in the .pofo and if we could figure out which bytes affect the crowd signs, I might be able to add functionality to the Data Editor to choose them freely.

If anyone finds something out in that regard, please post it in my  .pofo/.moveset/.team_info file Analysis thread, it would likely be some of the byte groups marked as UNKNOWN or EMPTY there, and since it appears to be tied to the basic info section, it should probably be somewhere around the basic info values.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Nice find. And yes, if the crowd signs work the same way for CAWs and regular wrestlers, it might truly work.

That said, if the info is in the .pofo and if we could figure out which bytes affect the crowd signs, I might be able to add functionality to the Data Editor to choose them freely.

If anyone finds something out in that regard, please post it in my  .pofo/.moveset/.team_info file Analysis thread, it would likely be some of the byte groups marked as UNKNOWN or EMPTY there, and since it appears to be tied to the basic info section, it should probably be somewhere around the basic info values.

Tested it and it doesn't quite work sadly, but it resets all the crowd signs to USA though so it does something at least.

Tested it and it doesn't quite work sadly, but it resets all the crowd signs to USA though so it does something at least.

Drats. I guess it's probably just one ID somewhere then that gives the wrestler the signs of another wrestler. CAWs probably have their own settings in the CAW specific section, so that won't be applicable to regular/modded superstars. :(

Edited by Cave Waverider

Drats. I guess it's probably just one ID somewhere then that gives the wrestler the signs of another wrestler. CAWs probably have their own settings in the CAW specific section, so that won't be applicable to regular/modded superstars.

2K can never make anything simple, can they.....

I think I figured it out :cool:

I don't really know hex that well so not sure exactly how this translates to your byte breakdown (edit - I think it's 216-223), but in the table in HxD these are the sign slots:

Sign 1: 000000D0  08 & 09

Sign 2: 000000D0  0A & 0B

Sign 3: 000000D0  0C & 0D

Sign 4: 000000D0  0E & 0F

Pofo_Slots_for_Signs.png

The highlighted areas are those slots.  This picture shows the defaults for Dusty Rhodes.  I tested switching all four signs with NWO ones and they all worked.  Doubled checked the same slots with Stephanie McMahon and same results.

Here are some sign hex ids to get you started:

A5 51 - AMERICAN DREAM

A6 51 - THE COMMON MAN

A7 51 - DUSTY

A8 51 - LET'S GO DREAM!

4D 9A - WE ARE TAKING OVER!

4E 9A - TOO SWEET!

50 9A - NWO Black & White Logo

B2 9A - NWO Red & Black Logo

Cave Waverider - is this enough to get it into the Data Editor?  At the very least now if anyone is interested they can edit them manually :)

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 2

I think I figured it out :cool:

I don't really know hex that well so not sure exactly how this translates to your byte breakdown (edit - I think it's 216-223), but in the table in HxD these are the sign slots:

Sign 1: 000000D0  08 & 09

Sign 2: 000000D0  0A & 0B

Sign 3: 000000D0  0C & 0D

Sign 4: 000000D0  0E & 0F

Pofo_Slots_for_Signs.png

The highlighted areas are those slots.  This picture shows the defaults for Dusty Rhodes.  I tested switching all four signs with NWO ones and they all worked.  Doubled checked the same slots with Stephanie McMahon and same results.

Here are some sign hex ids to get you started:

A5 51 - AMERICAN DREAM

A6 51 - THE COMMON MAN

A7 51 - DUSTY

A8 51 - LET'S GO DREAM!

4D 9A - WE ARE TAKING OVER!

4E 9A - TOO SWEET!

50 9A - NWO Black & White Logo

B2 9A - NWO Red & Black Logo

Cave Waverider - is this enough to get it into the Data Editor?  At the very least now if anyone is interested they can edit them manually :)

Yes, looks like it should be. :) Awesome find! I'll start working on this in about a week, as I'll have some spare time then.
In the meantime, it would be cool if you guys could figure out the IDs for all the available signs and put together a list. 

Please keep it in ID order from lowest value to highest and use the following format (without the <>): 

<ID> <Sign Name>

For example, the ones that were posted, the list would look like this:

A551 American Dream
A651 The Common Man
A751 Dusty
A851 Let's go Dream!
4D9A We are taking over!
4E9A Too Sweet!
509A nWo Black and White Logo
B29A nWo Red and Black Logo

Alternatively, you could also use the Decimal IDs if that's easier to find out via the file names, which will also be easier to handle for me, as it will make it easier to add more unused IDs just in case someone figures out how to add new crowd signs in the future. For example:

20901 American Dream
20902 The Common Man
20903 Dusty
20904 Let's go Dream!
39501 We are taking over!
39502 Too Sweet!
39504 nWo Black and White Logo
39602 nWo Black and Red Logo

Please post the list in the .pofo/.moveset/.team_info file Analysis thread when you're done or have updates, as I won't miss it there. It would save me much work figuring this out so I can focus on actual programming of the feature. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Great find. I've been meaning to look into this but never got the time. The id's throughout the game usually correspond to naming of the files in the pac. Figure out which pac the signs are in and you'll be able to catalog the signs much faster.

I was able to track down the actual files for the signs.  They're in the audience.pac file in the pac folder.  It's kinda deep into the file structure, and each sign needs to be extracted individually.  Unless there's a batch process way of extracting single files out of single pac files, I think it'll be faster to just keep exporting pofos and checking the hex numbers.

The signs are named with a four digit hex number within the pac file.  For example, Undertaker's This is My Yard sign is 5209 as a file name.  In the pofo, the hex sets are reversed - so you'd use 0952 to assign that sign to a wrestler.

I'm still not sure where I can find the decimal IDs.  How were you able to figure out the ones from the Dusty examples?

I've been working on a Crowd Signs Table to identify the crowds inside the audience.pac file about 2 weeks ago. The superstars list is not complete as I don't have much time in doing all of it, but this is what I've finished.

• Like 5

I was able to track down the actual files for the signs.  They're in the audience.pac file in the pac folder.  It's kinda deep into the file structure, and each sign needs to be extracted individually.  Unless there's a batch process way of extracting single files out of single pac files, I think it'll be faster to just keep exporting pofos and checking the hex numbers.

The signs are named with a four digit hex number within the pac file.  For example, Undertaker's This is My Yard sign is 5209 as a file name.  In the pofo, the hex sets are reversed - so you'd use 0952 to assign that sign to a wrestler.

I'm still not sure where I can find the decimal IDs.  How were you able to figure out the ones from the Dusty examples?

Hmmm.... what format are the actual sign files in? Would be awesome if we could mod them to make custom signs!

Oh, are the sign filenames 2-byte hexadecimal code?

For example, "A551 American Dream":
You have A5 51 as the 2-byte hexadecimal code, Big Endian. Convert it to little Endian 51 A5  and then convert it to a 2-byte decimal (if you aren't all that versed in this, you can use the Windows calculator with the "Programmer" setting to convert the little Endian Hexadecimal value to decimal or vice versa, for example). This will give you 20901 (although I've converted it in my head, so there might be errors in my list. :p ).

If only there was a program which could batch extract and decompress all the files, oh wait ..... :p:p

Considering that there are 787 signs, going through individual signs in the pofo's would take forever. I wrote a function into X-Packer to knock the first few bytes from each of the crown signs so that you don't need to extract each dds file from individual pac files.To help you out, I've extract and uploaded the signs with the hex names:

https://mega.nz/#!xh1TESrZ!JPOK-jR2XwIOd5T-2xaFo5kXmS8GHPXsRzMapGocdKQ

@4LifeBrother, the signs are standard dds format.

Edited by tekken57
  • Like 3

Awesome, tekken :D Even more stuff to customise in my never-ending Monday Night Wars project, can't wait to give WCW wrestlers some anti-RAW signs for realism.

I've been working on a Crowd Signs Table to identify the crowds inside the audience.pac file about 2 weeks ago. The superstars list is not complete as I don't have much time in doing all of it, but this is what I've finished.

Awesome!  I love the way you have it organized.  I have some more done in another spreadsheet and will try for more this weekend.  If you want to share editing access to tomwearsglasses@gmail.com I'll add to your list, or alternatively I'll match your formatting on my spreadsheet and we can merge them later.

If only there was a program which could batch extract and decompress all the files, oh wait ..... :p:p

Considering that there are 787 signs, going through individual signs in the pofo's would take forever. I wrote a function into X-Packer to knock the first few bytes from each of the crown signs so that you don't need to extract each dds file from individual pac files.To help you out, I've extract and uploaded the signs with the hex names:

https://mega.nz/#!xh1TESrZ!JPOK-jR2XwIOd5T-2xaFo5kXmS8GHPXsRzMapGocdKQ

@4LifeBrother, the signs are standard dds format.

Sweeeeet.  I'll download these tonight and see how much I can go through.

Oh, are the sign filenames 2-byte hexadecimal code

For example, "A551 American Dream":
You have A5 51 as the 2-byte hexadecimal code, Big Endian. Convert it to little Endian 51 A5  and then convert it to a 2-byte decimal (if you aren't all that versed in this, you can use the Windows calculator with the "Programmer" setting to convert the little Endian Hexadecimal value to decimal or vice versa, for example). This will give you 20901 (although I've converted it in my head, so there might be errors in my list. :p ).

Yerp.  I'm gonna finish cataloging them with the hex codes first since they're already labeled that way, and then we can go through them and covert to the IDs.

Edited by tomwearsglasses

Awesome!  I love the way you have it organized.  I have some more done in another spreadsheet and will try for more this weekend.  If you want to share editing access to tomwearsglasses@gmail.com I'll add to your list, or alternatively I'll match your formatting on my spreadsheet and we can merge them later.

Already shared it to you. 

Already shared it to you. 

Thanks!  I put a nice dent in it today, but man are there a lot of signs in this game :).  I'm glad though because a lot of them can be used or reorganized for other people's mods.

I finished listing out all of the signs in the game, and made some progress both with tagging them to the wrestlers and to the hex ids.  Tekken's ripped files are really helpful for that.

Tried a few things with the signs this morning and you can add signs without replacing:

crowd_signs.jpg

YES!  I was hoping that since they were labeled with hex names referenced directly in the pofos that it might be possible to add more.

How did you do it?  Did you just rebuild the audience.pac file with more entries?  Or can you create your own separate pac file?

Both will work. I just took the audience_dlc10.pac from 2k15 and placed it in the pac directory as it already had the signs for Hogan and RVD. Then I set the  crowd sign values in the pofo to the hex values for the additional signs.

You can create a new pac with the new crowd signs as well if you wish, the procedure is fairly straightforward with X-Packer.

• Like 4

Tried a few things with the signs this morning and you can add signs without replacing:

crowd_signs.jpg

Awesome find. How does it work? Simply add the sign with a file name of an unused value in a certain range and then use that ID in the .pofo?
If so, what are the minimum and maximum ID values (file name values) for the signs? I' want to make sure to make the whole ID range available in the Data Editor when I implement it so people can easily assign their added signs to the .pofo via the GUI.

• Like 1