Request: Please help us with a WIP Community Project to update Brave's AJ Styles V1 Model with V2 3D clothing for the best AJ Styles Attire Pack possible

Cave Waverider

Thanks to the hard work of @TheHeartbrokenKid, we've been able to make some progress in regards to the T-Shirt and Jacket Clipping issues today. The Jacket is virtually clip-free, while the T-Shirt still needs some work in the shoulder and upper arm area, but we're making progress. :)
23uzdc0.jpg

....so what I miss (Sorry I haven't been able to help, I was swamped at work). I apologize for not being able to contribute, but I am glad to see you guys have figured it out on your own. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

....so what I miss (Sorry I haven't been able to help, I was swamped at work). I apologize for not being able to contribute, but I am glad to see you guys have figured it out on your own. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

No worries, Brave, you did a huge part of the work by creating the initial models anyhow. :)
The guys here have been working hard on it and the project has been shaping up nicely and once we fix a few kinks here and there first version should be ready for release.
Of course, if you want to help with any of the tasks listed in the top post to speed things up a bit, let me know and I'll send you the necessary WIP files. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Thanks to the hard work of @TheHeartbrokenKid, we've been able to make some progress in regards to the T-Shirt and Jacket Clipping issues today. The Jacket is virtually clip-free, while the T-Shirt still needs some work in the shoulder and upper arm area, but we're making progress. :)
23uzdc0.jpg

Can you send me this. I should be able to fix the clipping.

23uzdc0.jpg

Can you send me this. I should be able to fix the clipping.

Sure. You've got a new message in our conversation. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Today, @GameElite™ was able to fix most of the gaps/holes between head- and body- areas, although some still remain with certain animations at certain angles. We're unsure if we'll be able to fix those, perhaps someone else with experience in dealing with these will want to give it a shot. If so, let me know.
v4cu50.jpg

Also, I've been trying some things for AJ's new The Club Jacket, here's an early attempt:
2di1zzr.jpg
I'm not really happy with this jacket model, although it's better than the other one (textures are preliminary, too as I'll wait to improve them until I've decided on a Jacket model). Not sure which others I could try. We'll need someone to resize it to resolve clipping errors anyhow. If anybody has any ideas for a better model that could be used, I'd love to hear them. We'd ideally want a model that doesn't need parts cut off or whatever. 

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 3

the jacket brave made for aj v2.0 was better dont u think ?

It's an awesome jacket and most attires will use that, yes. But the new Jacket AJ is wearing now is cut differently, more closed up front, etc. so I've been trying to find something more like that for current attires. If I don't find anything like that I'll probably hold off these newer attires for the initial release of the Pack.
20160627_raw_vid_rollinspromo--4a3a78d34
Maybe Daniel Bryan's Jacket with cut off sleeves could work (if you can even cut off sleves), not sure.

Edited by Cave Waverider

thats awesomw.. just asking though ... when are u planning the initial release ?

When it's done. ;)

Hard to say, since I rely on lots of modelling help and people have different schedules. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have more capable volunteers to tick some of the tasks off the list, though. ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider

Awesome attires man :D I think it would look better if you make the tights less shiny :D

Yup. I've been tweaking the texture brightness as well as alphas for a while. The less shiny the stuff is, the more detail like wrinkles, etc. is lost. It's also "fun" that in some lighting conditions it looks fine, while in others it looks way too shiny, haha. I'll just have to tweak it some more and find a good compromise. :)
If it isn't good enough in the end, I'll try tweaking the shaders some.

Edited by Cave Waverider

also the skin tone buddy.. the face is too fair compared to the chest.. the skin tone also needs to be fixed.....

also the skin tone buddy.. the face is too fair compared to the chest.. the skin tone also needs to be fixed.....

I agree with that, but I don't know if it's possible, because every superstar with a modded face has that white glow on it (from the lights that were on him when the picture was taken I suppose), but it would be nice if you could either edit the face or the body.

I agree with that, but I don't know if it's possible, because every superstar with a modded face has that white glow on it (from the lights that were on him when the picture was taken I suppose), but it would be nice if you could either edit the face or the body.

I don't think I want to touch the face. It's way closer than other mods I've seen already. I've tried tweaking it before as well, but it only looked worse. As for the body, it's also a bit of a tough thing, since the neck/shoulder area is attached to the face and it's hard enough as it is to have the body and neck/shoulder area match each other better than worse. Plus, if you look at AJ's photo above, you'll also notice his face to be lighter than the body due to lighting and such, so it isn't all that big of a deal, I think.
That said, if someone who is better with body and face textures would like to volunteer and match them closer, feel free to send me a PM. If it looks better, I'll use it. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

I don't think I want to touch the face. It's way closer than other mods I've seen already. I've tried tweaking it before as well, but it only looked worse. As for the body, it's also a bit of a tough thing, since the neck/shoulder area is attached to the face and it's hard enough as it is to have the body and neck/shoulder area match each other better than worse. Plus, if you look at AJ's photo above, you'll also notice his face to be lighter than the body due to lighting and such, so it isn't all that big of a deal, I think.
That said, if someone who is better with body and face textures would like to volunteer and match them closer, feel free to send me a PM. If it looks better, I'll use it. :)

How about this little tweak? :D

After

WWE2_K16_2016_07_06_23_51_51.png

Before

WWE2_K16_2016_07_06_23_54_48.png

Hidden Content

Nice :) the neck and shoulders are still not the same colour though :/ I'd suggest using Photoshop's match colour tool, that might help

Hidden Content

thats a big tweak... looks quite even....

Hidden Content

Nice :) the neck and shoulders are still not the same colour though :/ I'd suggest using Photoshop's match colour tool, that might help

Yeah, that was the problem I've been having. I couldn't even get it to work nicely with the color match tool.

@Ewan, I'll send you the current files a bit later so you can play around with those some more. :)

Yeah, that was the problem I've been having. I couldn't even get it to work nicely with the color match tool.

@Ewan, I'll send you the current files a bit later so you can play around with those some more. :)

I think this is the best I can do without making it worse... :lol

WWE2_K16_2016_07_07_00_35_54.png

@Ewan yeah, it isn't so easy, unfortunately. It isn't a top priority to get the face tone changed, I can always do an update later if someone figures out a good way to do it.

So I've been fine-tuning some textures on the body and various attires today and have also worked on AJ's current The Club Jacket some more:
egtwzp.jpg
I went with the regular jacket that comes with V2 AJ this time around. I'm still not very happy with the model, if the side flaps that cover the little fasteners could be removed somehow it would be better, but I guess I'll have to settle for it unless someone else has a better idea or wishes to help with it.

Since I was fiddling around with ring jackets, I figured I'd update the one on my favorite fantasy attire as well (I mostly did it to figure out texture placement). :)
167poit.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

I was just telling my friend that I was hoping to see The Club's new attire modded up eventually and here I already see this beautiful work getting done.  Can't wait!

@Ewan yeah, it isn't so easy, unfortunately. It isn't a top priority to get the face tone changed, I can always do an update later if someone figures out a good way to do it.

So I've been fine-tuning some textures on the body and various attires today and have also worked on AJ's current The Club Jacket some more:
egtwzp.jpg
I went with the regular jacket that comes with V2 AJ this time around. I'm still not very happy with the model, if the side flaps that cover the little fasteners could be removed somehow it would be better, but I guess I'll have to settle for it unless someone else has a better idea or wishes to help with it.

Since I was fiddling around with ring jackets, I figured I'd update the one on my favorite fantasy attire as well (I mostly did it to figure out texture placement). :)
167poit.jpg

Looking great! I really like the blue version of that attire, will it be included on release?

As for the jacket, it doesn't look too bad. The fasteners on the jacket though, is that not something which could be smoothed out in Blender?

egtwzp.jpg

167poit.jpg

Looking great! I really like the blue version of that attire, will it be included on release?

As for the jacket, it doesn't look too bad. The fasteners on the jacket though, is that not something which could be smoothed out in Blender?

Maybe. If one of the Blender/3DSMax gurus would like to give it a go and try to reshape the jacket model to get rid of the parts of the flaps covering the fasteners and maybe also tweak it further to resemble AJ's new Club Jacket more, it'd be most appreciated. :)

And yes, the white and blue version will be included, although I'm not sure if the screenshot will be it's final form. :)