Request: Please help us with a WIP Community Project to update Brave's AJ Styles V1 Model with V2 3D clothing for the best AJ Styles Attire Pack possible

Cave Waverider

Glad that you guys like it.

Here is an early test of current The Club Attire and the Wrestlemania 32 Attire side-by side:
2ytz9xt.jpg
Lots of alignment and texture tweaking still to be done, but it's coming along. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 4

Here is an early test of current The Club Attire and the Wrestlemania 32 Attire side-by side:
2ytz9xt.jpg

Great!

Can't wait for the relase, it is coming out very good.

Congrats guys. ;)

If you want: you can release some preliminary version(s)  so we can give you some suggestions to improve it or to identify some imperfections

You fine folks asked for an update, and we actually have one today:

Thanks to the hard and awesome work of @GameElite™ aka Dr. Frankenstein ;) , we've been able to make some significant progress in the project today, transplanting the head from the V1 model onto the V2 model without killing the patient:
i6fqkk.jpg
While it already looks pretty good on that shot, there are still some problematic areas that are more visible on up-close camera angles, like some gaps between the head and body parts that are more visible when the jacket is off as well as some weirdness with the hair. Hopefully we'll be able to sort it out soon. :)

Update: Hair fixed.
2lidfl0.jpg
We're slowly but surely getting there. :)

SAW.......... SCREAMED.. FAINTED... WOKE UP......... SCREAMED... FAINTED..... AGAIN 

HOLY F**KING SHITBALLS ... ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING 

would there be a bullet club attire from NJPW ????

also didnt the previous hair look better ?

Edited by GogolRockz92

2ytz9xt.jpg
Lots of alignment and texture tweaking still to be done, but it's coming along. :)

There seems to be a slight glitch where his hair parts in the 2nd picture. Can that be fixed?

With regards to the gaps between the head and chest, this usually happens because of different bone positions. The only way to sort this out is to move the verts from adjacent objects so that they interlap and are over / under each other.

Styles is looking good.

• Like 1

I'm... I'm just going to add a 4th AJ Styles Slot because I'll probably need it soon.  (And I plan on updating my match tool soon.) 

Smart idea! So many AJ attires now.

What's the limit's to additional attire slots you can add? And has the limit for new superstars that can be added to the game already been hit? Also, what updates are planned for the match tool? 

Thanks so much for working on the tool, it really adds a lot to the game.

The additional Attire Slots can go up to 1023 so we still have like 400 slots we can use.

• Like 1

*snip*

would there be a bullet club attire from NJPW ????

also didnt the previous hair look better ?

While I have no plans for a Bullet Club attire as I'm focusing on WWE attires and still focused on porting the ones from the Community DLC 10+ Attire Pack over (by the way, @tekken57 & @MinchoSheen, would it be alright to use some of the wonderful textures you guys made as well as some parts for some attires like the Randy Orton T-Shirt or TNA Jacket that I used in the other pack for this one, too? Although I don't know which ones I'd use yet. I'm just asking in advance as it could save some time. :)), I do like the idea, so it may very well  be that I'll add one as a Bonus attire when I'm done with the others, especially since @pozzum is increasing the extra attire slots for AJ with Match Select.

As for the previous V2 hair, I liked the look from afar and would have liked to use it for some earlier attires, but close up it was a mess. It had a "flat spot" on top, the skull noticeably clipped through at certain angles (which isn't truly visible in that picture) and was completely convoluted, which didn't appear to be a texture or texture map issue (even though it looked that way at first, it was just wierd). I think the new hair (which is just the V1 hair with slight texture tweaks, really), looks more like what he wears right now.
Here is a closer-up shot from the buggy hair we had used before:
nzinna.jpg

2ytz9xt.jpg

There seems to be a slight glitch where his hair parts in the 2nd picture. Can that be fixed?

Well, it's the same with the V1, so I don't know. I think the try to fix it was what ultimately messed up the V2 version of the hair pictured in the reply above, too, so I don't really want to touch it at the moment. Then again, if anybody wants to give it a shot, you'd be free to do so and I'll definitely use it if it looks better. Since I like to do frequent updates to these packs and the hair .yobj is easy to swap out, I can always update it at a later date if someone finds a better looking solution, too. :)
Maybe I could try some 2D texturing on the skull, too. It's really just a hairline kind of thing that doesn't really look that bad from other angles and especially with lighter lighting. And a hair or two might be antialiased away from my 8x SGSSAA in that shot as well.

With regards to the gaps between the head and chest, this usually happens because of different bone positions. The only way to sort this out is to move the verts from adjacent objects so that they interlap and are over / under each other.

Styles is looking good.

Thank you. Hopefully we can sort it out. It's only really prominent close up and with certain movements/poses, but it's still slightly annoying so hopefully we'll be able to fix it. 
Once we get that done, I'll upload a model that anyone that wishes to help can work with to help with things like adding a 3D T-Shirt underneath the jacket, or maybe even something else like the hat he sometimes wears with the T-Shirt for alternate entrance attires. Or if we for some unexpected reason don't, I'll still upload it so someone else can get a shot at fixing it if they want to. :)

I'm... I'm just going to add a 4th AJ Styles Slot because I'll probably need it soon.  (And I plan on updating my match tool soon.) 

Smart idea! So many AJ attires now.

What's the limit's to additional attire slots you can add? And has the limit for new superstars that can be added to the game already been hit? Also, what updates are planned for the match tool? 

Thanks so much for working on the tool, it really adds a lot to the game.

The additional Attire Slots can go up to 1023 so we still have like 400 slots we can use.

Weee! :)

By the way, I really love the community effort with this and everybody working together to make the best possible AJ Styles available to everyone - be it volunteering to do hands-on work, allowing to build upon their work or with advice - by the way, it's even better than how I'd have envisioned it. So Kudos to all of you! :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

I thought I'd post a little bit of Attire progress after trying a couple of things before I head to bed:
qovcso.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

I thought I'd post a little bit of Attire progress after trying a couple of things before I head to bed:
qovcso.jpg

The Second One Jacket Is Amazing Both But More Details Are In 2nd Picture!

So I thought I'd try to add the 3D T-Shirt underneath the Jacket myself by creating a new PACH archive with the same order as the original (and inserted 001C after 001B). I put the T-Shirt yobj into the 001A slot (which was originally housing the gloves) and moved the gloves to 001C, alas I monstrified AJ in the process, and the gloves don't show up either (the ones you see are fallback ones painted onto the hands). I guess that isn't how it works. :p
2gt7uia.jpg

If just replace the gloves with the T-Shirt in the PACH and don't create a new PACH with an added 001C slot it works fine (except for T-Shirt clipping errors for which I guess the T-Shirt and Jacket need to be resized, and of course, there are no 3D gloves, which isn't ideal):
2dsg2dd.jpg

Since I have absolutely no idea about these things, I guess I should better leave this to the pros, haha.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

While I haven't had the time to watch the latest episode of RAW yet, it seems AJ has debuted a new The Club Jacket there, which might require a different Jacket model. If anybody would like to volunteer creating a 001B.yobj file of this new jacket model to add to the project, it would be most appreciated. Not sure which wrestler's model one could use as a base of the jacket, but I guess you could brainstorm which might be fitting.
013_RAW_06272016jg_0041--35eb2765a86c0cb

Meanwhile, I've been working on some more attires so AJ could have some fun with himself:
2iudrua.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 3

While I haven't had the time to watch the latest episode of RAW yet, it seems AJ has debuted a new The Club Jacket there, which might require a different Jacket model. If anybody would like to volunteer creating a 001B.yobj file of this new jacket model to add to the project, it would be most appreciated. Not sure which wrestler's model one could use as a base of the jacket, but I guess you could brainstorm which might be fitting.

Meanwhile, I've been working on some more attires so AJ could have some fun with himself:
2iudrua.jpg

Oh wow, these are looking great! No disrespect to other modders, but I think this is the best AJ this year. Again, no disrespect to Tekken because i'm not saying his isn't good, but I think this one should be the base for your attire packs of AJ. Do you have any estimate on a release for these?

2iudrua.jpg

You Can Try Ambrose One Sclupt The Hands Of Jacket To sleevless Like Star Dust One Sleeve!

A small progress report to keep you updated about the project:
A bunch of attire textures are mostly done, some might still require some tweaks here and there:
2v9am3r.jpg

We still need to get some model work done as @GameElite™ is working on fixing the gaps between the head and body areas. Once that's done, I'll work on tweaking the body textures some and we'll need someone to help by resizing the T-Shirt and Jacket so they don't clip too badly with the body and each other as well and for someone to find/create a nice model for AJ's new The Club Jacket so I can add his latest attires.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 4

Good news, I've been successfully able to add a T-Shirt underneath the Entrance Jacket without having to sacrifice any other objects:
iz4wht.jpg
Thanks go out to @RollingRocky300 of the AMBRos collaborators for telling me that I could add slots 2716 after 2715 and  2904 after 2716 for additional .yobj files. :)

Now all we'll need is someone with X-Rey/3D Modelling software to resize the T-Shirt and Jacket to avoid most of the clipping with each other as well as the chest, back, shoulders and we'll be golden in that regard as well. :)

I guess we've got an additional slot available now still, so I'd like to add a 3D armband if possible. Does anybody know if there is an existing wrestler in WWE 2k16 or 2k15 that wears an armband like AJ did with a couple of attires underneath his left elbow that I could use? If so, please also share the object ID/number if you know it.
I'm not sure if there is a Cena version that wears his below the elbow, so I'm not sure if there is another.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

even the AMBRos need help with fitting Xavier woods s shirt under the jacket 

HMMM I SAW I am Trying To Fix The Pac!

Try removing the headband and see

i will later i am busy now!

i will later i am busy now!

kk

Sorry for going off topic Waverider

Did 2904 work?

This is awesome. I wish you could actually start another post just for this one or add it on your original post.

I could be able to help find references for the logos for AJ's new Club jacket

Edited by TheElderFiend