Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

Calm down a bit! You need the future string in your language as Auday mentioned. This has nothing to do with CCT it is the string name for Hogan because his name is not in the game. It is the same for all modded superstars which aren't in the game. All of them have such a name. 

So how do i change the name to get him in the game???

Calm down a bit! You need the future string in your language as Auday mentioned. This has nothing to do with CCT it is the string name for Hogan because his name is not in the game. It is the same for all modded superstars which aren't in the game. All of them have such a name. 

As somebody mentioned, first you need to download the Future-Proof String and replace the original string.pac file in the WWE2k16\pac\ folder with it (alternatively, you can also use the Data Editor's Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker installer to install the Future-Proof String's string.pac, but it might not be the latest version that's included there). Make sure to do that when the game isn't running, otherwise you'll have to restart the game for the Future-Proof String to be loaded properly. Make sure you don't have any backups of the file in the game directory, if you do, move them out of the game directory. Once you've done that you can load up his .pofo file in the Data Editor and click on the String Table button. This will open your browser with Pozzum's String table. Once the table is loaded, search for the name of your wrestler (CTRL+F in most browsers). Once the entry is found, there will be a four digit hexadecimal value in the leftmost column of the table (titled "Address"). Copy that hex code and paste it into the Name field of the Data Editor's Pofo section. Check if the other data is alright and make adjustment if you like and make sure the Wrestler ID is set to the right ID of the wrestler you wish to install. If you're done, click the "Install .pofo via CCT" button. If you haven't linked the Custom Character Tools in the Data Editor yet, you'll be asked to point the Data Editor to the .exe file of CCT. Do so. CCT should then open. Start the game and get to the main menu. Once there, go back to CCT and click "Install". This will install the .pofo file. Go to MyWWE->Superstars make a small change (like changing the brands of any one of the wrestlers). Then save. Now your added wrestler should be available with the proper name.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

I'm having an issue installing RVD to slot 256 and ADR to 478.  They aren't showing up after installing them.  I've installed others and had no issues, including porting over Sid Justice from my copy of 2K15.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've installed  AJ Styles, Goldberg, Road Dogg, Sandman, Tazz, and others and all are working great.

Also wanted to say thanks to those who are creating these programs and apps and tutorials, or just in general trying to help others get these mods working for others.  Thank you! =) 

I'm having an issue installing RVD to slot 256 and ADR to 478.  They aren't showing up after installing them.  I've installed others and had no issues, including porting over Sid Justice from my copy of 2K15.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've installed  AJ Styles, Goldberg, Road Dogg, Sandman, Tazz, and others and all are working great.

Also wanted to say thanks to those who are creating these programs and apps and tutorials, or just in general trying to help others get these mods working for others.  Thank you! =) 

Are the IDs and hex strings set correctly in the .pofo file? Try loading the .pofo file in the Data Editor and check if the Hex codes for the name strings are correct and also the IDs.

Are the IDs and hex strings set correctly in the .pofo file? Try loading the .pofo file in the Data Editor and check if the Hex codes for the name strings are correct and also the IDs.

Thank you for the quick response.  I finally got them to work a few minutes ago, after using a different pofo and moveset.  I was using Bannockburns moves and pofos that I had attempted to convert with data editor.  I guess it didn't like what I did to convert them or they just didn't convert.  Data editor worked fine on the AJ Styles moveset I converted, so not sure what I did wrong.  Got things working now though, thanks again, If I can answer any other questions or curiosity's, just let me know =)

Edited by Yuk Fu

Great work on the tools. I'm going to send a few bucks your way.

I'm just curious do you plan to add an option to replace or inject renderers?

Great work on the tools. I'm going to send a few bucks your way.

I'm just curious do you plan to add an option to replace or inject renderers?

Thank you :). I would like to add such an option but there is no way (at the moment) to inject new renders to modded superstars. No one has found out yet how the game reads/handles that files. Maybe in the future there will be a way (I hope so!). Replacing renders is another thing... But it's not so easy to implement as injecting new trons or music. I will take a look into that. But I can't promise anything in this direction. But I will see :).

Edited by TheVisitorX

Hi VisitorX, I have a problem: every time i try to install a superstar with your tool it tells me: seems like wwe 2k16 is not running please make sure that wwe 2k16 is full open in main menu before running the installation. ( My WWE2k16 is full open in main menu). The game is on version 1.05 and i bought it on steam, so no pirate copy

Do you have any solution whatsoever? i really like the tool and want to actually work with it

Edited by Jan-O-Mac0074

No there isn't any solution at the moment because no one wanted to help. I've never had that issue and unfortunately I can't fix it when I'm not able to reproduce it. Do you have update 1.01 installed? Could you post a screenshot in-game (the exact same position where you've minimized the game) and from your running processes? Any firewalls? AntiVirus or something else? Do you have CheatEngine? What values do you have  @ address 14269AAF6 -14269B4BC?

Edited by TheVisitorX

Awesome work with the CCI TheVisitorX, with Data Editor intergration as well, the modding experience is so much more streamlined and a hell of a lot easier!!

Thank you!

• Like 1

As somebody mentioned, first you need to download the Future-Proof String and replace the original string.pac file in the WWE2k16\pac\ folder with it (alternatively, you can also use the Data Editor's Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker installer to install the Future-Proof String's string.pac, but it might not be the latest version that's included there). Make sure to do that when the game isn't running, otherwise you'll have to restart the game for the Future-Proof String to be loaded properly. Make sure you don't have any backups of the file in the game directory, if you do, move them out of the game directory. Once you've done that you can load up his .pofo file in the Data Editor and click on the String Table button. This will open your browser with Pozzum's String table. Once the table is loaded, search for the name of your wrestler (CTRL+F in most browsers). Once the entry is found, there will be a four digit hexadecimal value in the leftmost column of the table (titled "Address"). Copy that hex code and paste it into the Name field of the Data Editor's Pofo section. Check if the other data is alright and make adjustment if you like and make sure the Wrestler ID is set to the right ID of the wrestler you wish to install. If you're done, click the "Install .pofo via CCT" button. If you haven't linked the Custom Character Tools in the Data Editor yet, you'll be asked to point the Data Editor to the .exe file of CCT. Do so. CCT should then open. Start the game and get to the main menu. Once there, go back to CCT and click "Install". This will install the .pofo file. Go to MyWWE->Superstars make a small change (like changing the brands of any one of the wrestlers). Then save. Now your added wrestler should be available with the proper name.

I'm totally lost once you bring the hex stuff to it..i thought it would be like the music replacer where after it injects a superstar, he's just there, i dont wanna break my entire game just to get hogan in it

What's the problem? All you have to do is:

1. Download future proof string file
2. Copy and paste the string.pac file into your main game pac folder
3. Make sure that there is no backup of your string.pac file inside this folder

That's all! All strings are already set from the author of the pofo file. So Hogan already has the right string. There is no hex editing part.

If that does not work for you then it is because your language is not supported by the future proof string file or there is a backup of your original file in the same folder.

CCT takes you the hard work to install moveset and pofo files but you should be able to copy and paste a string file into a game directory.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm totally lost once you bring the hex stuff to it..i thought it would be like the music replacer where after it injects a superstar, he's just there, i dont wanna break my entire game just to get hogan in it

You asked how to change the name, and I explained it to you. It's really easy and there is no "breaking the game" there. Copying & pasting a string (that just happens to be a hexadecimal code) to a field in a tool is something everyone should be able to accomplish. ;)
In any case, you probably won't need the the hex part anyway if the .pofo you downloaded has it set correctly already (but it doesn't hurt to double-check, especially if the name isn't working in the game).

Hey visitor , apparently my minitron tutorial broke some community guide lines on youtube apparently , so theres no need for that tutorial to be on this thread anymore as youtube have taken it down

Strange, what was the reason for that? I couldn't see anything illegal in this tutorial?

Hope you will put it back on. It was a good tutorial

It didnt even say what was illegal and when I tried to get them to bring it back up they rejected it , so i am going to reupload it and hope that nothing goes wrong , if nothing goes wrong then a walltron tutorial is up next ,but if it gets taken down again i wont be able to upload for two weeks. Also i can't even put custom thumbnails on anymore.

Strange, what was the reason for that? I couldn't see anything illegal in this tutorial?

It didnt even say what was illegal and when I tried to get them to bring it back up they rejected it , so i am going to reupload it and hope that nothing goes wrong , if nothing goes wrong then a walltron tutorial is up next ,but if it gets taken down again i wont be able to upload for two weeks. Also i can't even put custom thumbnails on anymore.

Did you put in the proper disclaimers, credits and other leagal mumbo-jumbo? I'm not sure what you need to do there as I don't post youtube videos, but maybe ask some of the other youtubers here what needs to be inlcuded.

Did you put in the proper disclaimers, credits and other leagal mumbo-jumbo? I'm not sure what you need to do there as I don't post youtube videos, but maybe ask some of the other youtubers here what needs to be inlcuded.

Everything that was used in the video was put in the description other than that it was no different to my other tutorial video , plus if it was to do with something like copyright the reasoning would of been in the copyright section but no it was in some community guideline thing.

Edited by truegamerz1234

General question, every time you inject a pofo file you also have to inject the moveset file with it or it isn't necessary (in cases where it was already installed, of course)?

Edited by Darkness™

Thanks for the reupload, truegamerz1234! Hope it lasts longer than the previous one because it is a really helpful tutorial.

Thanks for the reupload, truegamerz1234! Hope it lasts longer than the previous one because it is a really helpful tutorial.

i just wish it didnt take away my ability to upload custom thumbnails :'( but lets hope it stays up

Cracked version? Update 1.00 or 1.01? Please send me a screenshot from your running processes and from the memory address 14269AAF6 in cheat engine!

BTW: I won't support or answer this error questions in the future because there were multiple users with this error and no one wanted to help or send me a screenshot from this. So it seems for me that this users are using an unauthorized version or and old version of the game which I don't support!

Update

Beta 2 has been released in the main post. There were no changes in the executable, only the xml file has been updated to offer more possible character slots. At the moment it is not possible to use that slots, so it is only a preparatory update.

Edited by TheVisitorX