Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

A render injecter would be amazing to add to your list of tools, thanks for helping the community! Isnt awesome that people do this?

• Like 3

A render injecter would be amazing to add to your list of tools, thanks for helping the community! Isnt awesome that people do this?

It Should Be Fantastic

Great tool, but i hope it doesn't work with pirated versions.

oh Kim...Hearing this from such veteran modder as you...

There is no protection against them.

Of course :)but it should not be too easy for them.

I won't support piracy at all. Especially in the case of WWE2K because it needs our support for future PC releases. But I'm not sure what I could do to prevent that people from using my tools. It is only compatible with the current version but I don't think that this changes anything?!

Last time i saw Titantron Replacer tool thread, it had "protection" against pirates,but it was not easy for both.Pirates and true-believers.Registry stuff,you know...It's dangerous...

What i don`t understand is file names.If i want to replace,for example,Dusty Rhodes with CM Punk,do i need to use CM Punk slot number for POFO and other files,or should i rename all Punk files with Dusty slot number?

Edited by JustGuy

Last time i saw Titantron Replacer tool thread, it had "protection" against pirates,but it was not easy for both.Pirates and true-believers.Registry stuff,you know...It's dangerous...

What i don`t understand is file names.If i want to replace,for example,Dusty Rhodes with CM Punk,do i need to use CM Punk slot number for POFO and other files,or should i rename all Punk files with Dusty slot number?

You need both, moveset and pofo files which are compatible with the given slot and file names with the right slot numbers in it and also a compatible ch file...CCI does not change anything in the moveset, pofo or ch files. It does only inject them into memory based of their given slot id. So it is easier for mod makers to offer their mods. For editing pofo and moveset files there are other great tools out there (CaveWaveriders are great!).

So if you like to install RVD, who is in slot 256, you will need a ch25602.pac file and moveset and pofo files with the right slot id in their file names, so something like Slot 256.moveset and Slot 256.pofo. But it is mostly the case when you download movesets and pofos from here. If not, you have to rename them based of their slot number.

It is more or less an automated install process. You could do the same with Cheat Engine but it takes a bit longer and you have to insert the memory addresses and that stuff. It is not intended to change the slots to others and install the files to slot -whatever you like-. The mod creator does still decide that.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Some render injector would be great but it is not on my list right now. At the moment I'm still have memory edit capabilities on my list. Maybe some easy match modifiers or changes to titantron ids, music ids and that stuff in memory. So all that things you could do with Cheat Engine. But it would be better and easier to have them all in one place.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hello folks and Happy Easter!

Sometimes install new superstars is a bit frustrating and time-consuming! It needs some steps, even with CE, to install all files. Especially when your save game gets broken or something. Because I like to keep it simple - as you can see with SI - I've decided to share another tool with you guys in the next few days. It's called "Custom Character Installer". And if you know my Sound Injector you will feel very familiar with the UI and functionality of this tool. It is as simple and easy to use as SI and takes you only a few seconds to install whole new superstars. The only thing you have to do is...

1. Download a ch-pac file
2. Download a moveset file (it needs the slot name in his file name - for example Slot 256.moveset)
3. Download a pofo file (it needs the slot name, too - for example Slot 256.pofo)
4. Start the game
5. Run my tool as Administrator, select all the three files and click "install", wait some time and you're done - Now you only have to save your game in "My WWE" to make the changes permanently.

Here is a small demonstration

Release is in a couple of days. Still need testers to make sure everything runs well... It's a bit more critical than SI because it changes the save game (memory). I've created another topic for this because I will separate this work from my SI work to make it clearer. I think it is a good addition to the great Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator from Cave Waverider.

Great, thanks man. BB, Xpacker and pay modding.

About the piracy, some guys doesn't have money to buy the game at Steam. As example, on Brazil, we need to get nearly 100 R$ to download the original game. I think the fact of "no online" stuffs to pirated games is a good punishment enough. 

Edited by Ecklesias

About the piracy, some guys doesn't have money to buy the game at Steam. As example, on Brazil, we need to get nearly 100 R$ to download the original game. I think the fact of "no online" stuffs to pirated games is a good punishment enough. 

How much R$ is it at cdkeys for you? http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/wwe-2k16-pc-cd-key-steam

That price is in dollars?

How much R$ is it at cdkeys for you? http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/wwe-2k16-pc-cd-key-steam

That price is in dollars?

I've just convert it now, it costs 110 R$. The Brazillian Real is so underrated at this moment, we're at economic recession, corrupt politicians, impeachment processes and so many other things who makes our situation so bad.

Edited by Ecklesias
  • Like 1

Well,i bought game on Steam with 20% discount,and still it was around 40 euros.For as poor country as mine,its very unfair.Almost 3 days of work.

There are a lot people,that has this "unfair price" problem.Valve don`t care,devs don`t care, and saying in public that you pirated game,won`t help either.

I fully understand the prices for these games in certain countries are downright ridiculous and I don't blame anybody for pirating because of that. Especially when these developers have no shame in releasing broken games like WWE 2K16. My only problem with pirates are with those who flood legit gaming forums with their problems as if they're entitled to the same tools and support gamers who paid for the game receive. You didn't pay for it thus you have no right to complain, you have no right to anything. If a modder doesn't want to support your cracked version of the game accept his decision and move on.

Anyways as for the subject at hand great job on this tool @TheVisitorX . I do wish people took the time to learn how to do these things the manual CE way though. You get more out of the modding experience that way and learn a lot about how the game works.

Edited by G3N0M3
  • Like 2

I fully understand the prices for these games in certain countries are downright ridiculous and I don't blame anybody for pirating because of that. Especially when these developers have no shame in releasing broken games like WWE 2K16. My only problem with pirates are with those who flood legit gaming forums with their problems as if they're entitled to the same tools and support gamers who paid for the game receive. You didn't pay for it thus you have no right to complain, you have no right to anything. If a modder doesn't want to support your cracked version of the game accept his decision and move on.

Anyways as for the subject at hand great job on this tool @TheVisitorX . I do wish people took the time to learn how to do these things the manual CE way though. You get more out of the modding experience that way and learn a lot about how the game works.

^This, "  If a modder doesn't want to support your cracked version of the game accept his decision and move on"

Like you said, I fully understand your arguments too. I think everybody deserves to play the original game, but we gotta know that's so hard. The minimum salary at Brazil it's around R$ 800. Take off 600 R$ with food, energy, water, clothes etc. R$ 200 remains, but, a majority piece of brazillian society have credit cards, so, more bills to pay. When this all over, we don't have money anymore. But, if I have any condition to buy this game, believe, i'll do it.

Btw I really like the button idea, because your tool is also a great help and mine would be a good addition to yours!

Just a heads-up, the latest version of the Wrestler Information and Moveset Creator 2k16 is up and it features the fun new external Tools buttons to start the Sound Injector as well as this up and coming Custom Character Installer. Plus buttons for Pozzum's tables and some additional buttons for possible future external tool support.  :)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1