Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

@TheVisitorX I think there's an issue with the export option. I was trying to export from CAW slot 43 (44 in-game), and it kept giving me empty files, although I do have a CAW in-game. I don't know if it's an issue with just that slot or CAW slots in general though

Thanks but it seems to be something on your site because it's working fine for me. The addresses are from pozzums memory table. I've checked the data.xml file and all the addresses are fine. Then I've tried to export a pofo from my CAW and the data was there as I can see on the first bytes in the file. If the file is completely empty CCT doesn't seem to write to that file. Maybe some space or rights issue?! Anyone else with that problem? Never have had that issue.

@TheVisitorX I think there's an issue with the export option. I was trying to export from CAW slot 43 (44 in-game), and it kept giving me empty files, although I do have a CAW in-game. I don't know if it's an issue with just that slot or CAW slots in general though

Thanks but it seems to be something on your site because it's working fine for me. The addresses are from pozzums memory table. I've checked the data.xml file and all the addresses are fine. Then I've tried to export a pofo from my CAW and the data was there as I can see on the first bytes in the file. If the file is completely empty CCT doesn't seem to write to that file. Maybe some space or rights issue?! Anyone else with that problem? Never have had that issue.

You're right, I just tried using his memory table and it still didn't work. Maybe because I've got many empty slots in between? 

You're right, I just tried using his memory table and it still didn't work. Maybe because I've got many empty slots in between? 

Works fine for me. I have almost no CAWs, I downloaded a CAW into that slot and exporting the .pofo and .moveset worked fine, as it does with my other CAWs that I often update the entrance etc. for with Data Editor and CCT.
I don't know what could be the issue there. Are you sure you're using the latest version of the data.xml (and CCT) and not some older one?

What would be awesome now is if the guy that made that trainer would release his method on replacing CAW renders!!!! Community not a marketplace ;)

• Like 3

I agree! Good idea but it won't happen. Because it's a big advantage of his tool.

Edited by TheVisitorX

What would be awesome now is if the guy that made that trainer would release his method on replacing CAW renders!!!! Community not a marketplace ;)

It is a shame that some people are greedy. I understand when people like tekken put together a tool and trade it for donations, as a lot goes into it, you couldn't just teach people how to do the things manually that tool does, and we'd be nowhere without a tool like that.

However, when there are things like replacing CAW renders that could probably be done with Cheat Engine or hex editing, but the one guy that knows how to won't share the knowledge because he's greedy... no time for people like that. Communities like this wouldn't exist if everyone treated their knowledge as a saleable commodity. I have absolutely no issue paying for these things in general and I don't think everything should be free just because it's the internet, but I refuse to give my money to people like that, that think "Share a nugget of knowledge... or keep that to myself and sell it as a tool.... yep, definitely the second one!".

Well the difference is Tekken57 makes tools allowing you to find and create new mods so that's perfectly acceptable but the fact hes advertising a trainer that he is selling on a community forum i have no idea how that's allowed. We all make new discoveries but if everyone made discoveries and kept them to themselves and sold them where would the community be?

Edited by robbie686

Well i just created a Tutorial Video on how to change Renders.

The video is for the german WWE2K16 Fanbase, since there is a great tutorial by Mr 4Life

The Spoiler is for VisitorX himself

Wenn du willst kannst du das Video natürlich irgendwo in deinen Thread klatschen :D Gruß Mark

• Like 1

Guys I need your feedback! I am still searching for ways to speed up the process of installing/injecting new files or make it a bit easier. So.. Is the current way fast and easy enough for you?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

My idea would be something like a setup pack or a zip file or something which can be loaded right into CCT. Like a "one click" installer. Or a way to inject files with "open with CCT" dialog in Windows Explorer. Optional to the current functionality. 

I've also had an idea for "Drag and Drop" files into CCT but that does not work because of the admin privileges the program uses. 

Would it be easier for you if you could select a slot the pofo and moveset is installed to? Or is the current way via filename okay? 

Same for renders... Should it be possible to inject all three at once? And how could that work? 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

For the pofos and movesets, I think it'd be a good idea to add that as an option for sure, always good to have various methods as people have their own preferences and I'd probably just use a slot selector :)

As for the renders, I think the only way it could be better is probably not actually possible - putting in the type B file and the program creates a type A and C for you and injects them all into the corresponding slots. As I said, though, not sure this is possible. May be possible to resize it to 512x512 for a type C, but to make the type A correctly requires actual editing of the image inside the file (by changing the height of the image to 1275 whilst keeping the 1024x1024 canvas size intact, AND making sure that the image is stretched from the bottom to avoid losing correct placement). So yeah, assuming that's not possible, I think it's fine the way it is ;)

Edited by 4 Life
  • Like 1

Make sure that you are in the main menu when using CCT and that you are using the latest version of 2k16. If something went wrong CCT should give you an error telling what's wrong. If not all should be fine. Also make sure that you have the future proof string file. If not all custom characters have some attire or arena names. And not their actually char names. 

Any chance for adding an option to inject renders for CAW's?

There's one guy that knows how to do it, and he chose to make it into a programme and sell it rather than share the knowledge. Hopefully we can find out how to do it at some point, in which case I'm pretty sure that VisitorX would implement it.

• Like 1