Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

When I install the mod, it say my wwe vesion is not 1.01 .But my CCT is 1.02, it can support Version 1.05 right?

There is no 1.05 PC version. The 1.05 in the menu is just a leftover from the console version it is based on. The original PC version is 1.00 and 1.01 is the patched version. Since the game is only available on Steam, you should have version 1.01 patched which is the only version supported by CCT and other tools. Make sure to enable auto patching of the game on Steam and verify your game cache to let it update.
Otherwise, click here.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

I'm trying to put some character mod in my game, I followed all the instructions in the tutorial with CCT and Data editor and I have the original steam version but nothing happen when I check in my edit superstars and the game always crash when I restart it after putting the pac files with CCT or manually, I have already checked in data editor if everything with id is correct too.

I'm trying to put some character mod in my game, I followed all the instructions in the tutorial with CCT and Data editor and I have the original steam version but nothing happen when I check in my edit superstars and the game always crash when I restart it after putting the pac files with CCT or manually, I have already checked in data editor if everything with id is correct too.

First, iIn the Data Editor's "Tools, Help..." tab, scroll down to "WWe 2k16 Game Tools" and click the "Fix startup crash with Mods" button. Your game shouldn't crash anymore on startup once you installed that. Check out the Data Editor Tutorials for step-by-step instructions on how to do this.

Second, after installing .pofo, .moveset, or .team_info files, make sure to save the game by going into MyWWE->Superstars and changing any one of the wrestlers' brand, crowd reaction or the likes, then confirm by pressing Start or whatever the button/key is on your controller.
Keep in mind that you have to restart the game once you've installed any .pac files, as the game only loads them on startup.

• Like 1

I've just jumped the misc file replacement step and the step to avoid crash a start, so now I've successfully put some wrestler mod but when it's about a pac file that  need to be renamed to correspond to the string id, it doesn't work they are in the game but when it comes to loading a match the game load undefinitely and I would like to know how to assign titantron and minitron to the modded superstar without replacing and without cheat engine. Thanks for the reply 

Edited by go7denboot

I've just jumped the misc file replacement step and the step to avoid crash a start, so now I've successfully put some wrestler mod but when it's about a pac file that  need to be renamed to correspond to the string id, it doesn't work they are in the game but when it comes to loading a match the game load undefinitely and I would like to know how to assign titantron and minitron to the modded superstar without replacing and without cheat engine. Thanks for the reply 

You likely haven't renamed the PACH files inside your ch*.pac files properly. Make sure the ID is the same as in the .pofo and .moveset files, otherwise the game will look for a PACH file that isn't there when starting a match with the selected wrestler, which won't work.
As for Titantrons and Minitrons, you can set them by loading the .moveset into Data Editor and changing the ID to the one you've assigned there. Of course, you'll have to have those set at the proper IDs as well. Check out various tutorials on the matter by using the forum search function on the top right of the page. Google should find them as well.

You likely haven't renamed the PACH files inside your ch*.pac files properly. Make sure the ID is the same as in the .pofo and .moveset files, otherwise the game will look for a PACH file that isn't there when starting a match with the selected wrestler, which won't work.
As for Titantrons and Minitrons, you can set them by loading the .moveset into Data Editor and changing the ID to the one you've assigned there. Of course, you'll have to have those set at the proper IDs as well. Check out various tutorials on the matter by using the forum search function on the top right of the page. Google should find them as well.

Ok so know I renamed it and it works and I searched some tutorial for the trons and I did not find any tuto to assign without replacing and w/o cheat engine or Hxd and also would like to know if it is possible to make 2k15 pac file mod work on 2k16 only by renamed it with CHEMD and converting the pofo and mov or use 2k16 pofo and move. Thks again for replying

Edited by go7denboot

Ok so know I renamed it and it works and I searched some tutorial for the trons and I did not find any tuto to assign without replacing and w/o cheat engine or Hxd and also would like to know if it is possible to make 2k15 pac file mod work on 2k16 only by renamed it with CHEMD and converting the pofo and mov or use 2k16 pofo and move. Thks again for replying

First, while some WWE 2k15 ch*.pac files will work in WWE 2k16 without issues, there are quite a few that won't. Some of them need to be properly converted or they can lead to parts not showing up or even crashes, hangs, etc.. That isn't an easy task and you'll likely require tools like X-Packer or the likes to do it. I'd suggest keeping an eye on Pozzum's 2k15 port over project thread as many of the assets of WWE 2k15 have been ported there already and can be downloaded.

Adding titantrons, minitrons and walltrons is easy with CCT. You simply name the .bk2 files with the proper ID (one not used by the game yet if you want to add a new tron, ideally that of the wrestler you want to install it for) and install the files via CCT. It should do all the packing and renaming for you. Then all you'll have to do is assign the correct Tron IDs in the .moveset file using the Data Editor and you'll be good to go.

Edited by Cave Waverider

I would like to add that CCT also has the ability to import new titan-, wall- and minitrons. You don't need X-Packer or a hex editor for that. All you need is a bk2 file! So convert your video file to bk2 and use the injector which ships with CCT to import that into a new or replace an existing pac file. You only have to set a proper file name and assign the new values with "Data Editor". There is a tutorial in the main post about that. That is working with and without replacing. Please use that injector while the game is _not_ running.

Also a bit strange... CCT should change the PACH file by itself when you install the ch pac file with CCT! There was an error in previous versions but the current version should do that correctly.

Edited by TheVisitorX

First, while some WWE 2k15 ch*.pac files will work in WWE 2k16 without issues, there are quite a few that won't. Some of them need to be properly converted or they can lead to parts not showing up or even crashes, hangs, etc.. That isn't an easy task and you'll likely require tools like X-Packer or the likes to do it. I'd suggest keeping an eye on Pozzum's 2k15 port over project thread as many of the assets of WWE 2k15 have been ported there already and can be downloaded.

Adding titantrons, minitrons and walltrons is easy with CCT. You simply name the .bk2 files with the proper ID (one not used by the game yet if you want to add a new tron, ideally that of the wrestler you want to install it for) and install the files via CCT. It should do all the packing and renaming for you. Then all you'll have to do is assign the correct Tron IDs in the .moveset file using the Data Editor and you'll be good to go.

I would like to add that CCT also has the ability to import new titan-, wall- and minitrons. You don't need X-Packer or a hex editor for that. All you need is a bk2 file! So convert your video file to bk2 and use the injector which ships with CCT to import that into a new or replace an existing pac file. You only have to set a proper file name and assign the new values with "Data Editor". There is a tutorial in the main post about that. That is working with and without replacing. Please use that injector while the game is _not_ running.

Also a bit strange... CCT should change the PACH file by itself when you install the ch pac file with CCT! There was an error in previous versions but the current version should do that correctly.

Ok so I figure out how to make all things works with your help but I didn't know that that walltron and minitron did not get extracted from 2k15 in the port mod did you have any link for me? But I appreciate the help and all your mods 

Is it possible to assign a replaced render to a added mod wrestler without x-packer?
Edited by go7denboot

Finally, I get my original copy of WWE 2K16, and download the CCT. But, I got one question: does the CCT works with the PacPlus made by Pozzum?

Has anyone had any luck mixing audio into custom trons this year?

What settings are you using?

It works just like it did last year. As long as you have the proper codecs installed it shouldn't be a problem to mix the sound into trons with RAD Video tools (or remove them). Not sure if any special settings are needed, defaults seem to work fine, though.

It works just like it did last year. As long as you have the proper codecs installed it shouldn't be a problem to mix the sound into trons with RAD Video tools (or remove them). Not sure if any special settings are needed, defaults seem to work fine, though.

I DLed coded lite again. For some reason, i is not working for me this time around. Not sure if I am missing a component... it says failed to load audio file, everytime...

I DLed coded lite again. For some reason, i is not working for me this time around. Not sure if I am missing a component... it says failed to load audio file, everytime...

Have you chosen Stereo during the K-Lite Codec Pack installation? If you choose any of the other speaker setups during the installation  it'll give you all sorts of trouble with audio in RAD Video Tools.

Edited by Cave Waverider

so I have a legal version of 2k16 from steam and yet the tool will not let me install minitrons/titantrons, any help?

It seems like you are using a non authorized version of wwe 2k16! Please use a authorized version (1.0.1) and try it again.

now I just got the game a like a week or 2 ago on sale on steam. Wanted to mod like I did in 2k15 so started downloading things, installed them and my game started crashing so I read the thread how to fix it and restored to 1.0 launcher and have a blank chunck file. Game works with mods now but I can't use this mod cuz of the message above.

It seems like you are using a non authorized version of wwe 2k16! Please use a authorized version (1.0.1) and try it again.

now I just got the game a like a week or 2 ago on sale on steam. Wanted to mod like I did in 2k15 so started downloading things, installed them and my game started crashing so I read the thread how to fix it and restored to 1.0 launcher and have a blank chunck file. Game works with mods now but I can't use this mod cuz of the message above.

You shouldn't use 1.0.0. Make sure to allow Steam to update to version 1.0.1 (without any cracks or file remains of cracks, in case you ever tried any) with the blank chunk_cache.bin file and everything should work properly.

Edited by Cave Waverider

You shouldn't use 1.0.0. Make sure to allow Steam to update to version 1.0.1 (without any cracks or file remains of cracks, in case you ever tried any) with the blank chunk_cache.bin file and everything should work properly.

A bit more information wouldn't be bad. What error do you get? 

That did indeed work, thank you