Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

So yea Hi mr. visitor x.. 

Few days ago I used your program with no problems but today when I wanted to install new characters I get an » Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation! but when I am in loading screen program allows me to install custom character but then I can not see him in download content.. Can you tell me how to fix that :D

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded A.J styles pac file, pofo file and moveset file. I opened WWE 2k16 and i kept at the main menu where it shows play, my career and etc. Then as administrator I opened Custom Character tools and after that i properly set the game directory and save directory and then i have inserted 472 pac file, 472 pofo file and 472 moveset file. This slot is for A.J Styles and then create save backup is there.. it is ticked... and then when i click on install it shows

" ERROR IT SEEMS LIKE WWE 2K16 IS NOT RUNNING- Please make sure that WWE 2k16 is fully open / in main menu before installation! "

My game is already open and it is in the main menu screen only...

I need some help please help me out...

I downloaded A.J styles pac file, pofo file and moveset file. I opened WWE 2k16 and i kept at the main menu where it shows play, my career and etc. Then as administrator I opened Custom Character tools and after that i properly set the game directory and save directory and then i have inserted 472 pac file, 472 pofo file and 472 moveset file. This slot is for A.J Styles and then create save backup is there.. it is ticked... and then when i click on install it shows

" ERROR IT SEEMS LIKE WWE 2K16 IS NOT RUNNING- Please make sure that WWE 2k16 is fully open / in main menu before installation! "

Do you have the fully patched official Steam version 1.01 of the game installed? If not then it won't be detected.

Just wondering, if we export a CAW pofo, then use the pofo on a modded superstar, is the modded superstar gonna have announced name like the CAW?

Just wondering, if we export a CAW pofo, then use the pofo on a modded superstar, is the modded superstar gonna have announced name like the CAW?

No, not likely. I believe that information is stored elsewhere for CAWs that regular wrestlers don't have a section for.

Edited by Cave Waverider

No mate, the announce sound files are linked to slots rather than pofos. So if you inject a modded superstar into a blank slot that slot has no sound files, whereas if you inject the same modded superstar into, say, The Rock's slot, then he's always gonna have The Rock's call names even if you give him another Superstar's pofo or modify the pofo to hell. Only way to get custom name sounds is to replace a superstar and then inject a new sound file into the replaced superstar's files.

I still keep getting this error. Not every time I use the software, but I often have to restart my PC to get it to work. I have the legit 1.05 version of the game from Steam and running the program as admin doesn't change anything. If this happens then just restart your PC and try again.

Edited by 4LifeBrother

I have downloaded the game from https://kat.cr/wwe-2k16-multi6-all-dlcs-fitgirl-repack-selective-download-from-13-7-gb-t12245055.html i have downloaded 23 gb full download

Where to get the fully patched official steam version 1.01?

No mate, the announce sound files are linked to slots rather than pofos. So if you inject a modded superstar into a blank slot that slot has no sound files, whereas if you inject the same modded superstar into, say, The Rock's slot, then he's always gonna have The Rock's call names even if you give him another Superstar's pofo or modify the pofo to hell. Only way to get custom name sounds is to replace a superstar and then inject a new sound file into the replaced superstar's files.

I still keep getting this error. Not every time I use the software, but I often have to restart my PC to get it to work. I have the legit 1.05 version of the game from Steam and running the program as admin doesn't change anything. If this happens then just restart your PC and try again.

If i restart my pc as well I didn't able to install the modded A.J Styles... It still shows that WWE 2k16 is not running

Edited by Rajbaruah

I have downloaded the game from https://kat.cr/wwe-2k16-multi6-all-dlcs-fitgirl-repack-selective-download-from-13-7-gb-t12245055.html i have downloaded 23 gb full download

Where to get the fully patched official steam version 1.01?

If i restart my pc as well I didn't able to install the modded A.J Styles... It still shows that WWE 2k16 is not running

Well, that'll be your problem. This software isn't made for the cracked version of the game, a lot of the files are modified so won't work the same. If you have any plans to ever mod any game then do yourself a favour and go and buy it, you'll have a much easier time.

Don't suppose there's a way to install extra entrance themes into the game_sound_m.pck and 'fool' the game, much like how adding extra titantrons, minitrons and walltrons works?

If so it would well serve as an update for CCT.

Note: I am fully aware of how to replace entrance themes with sound injector, I am just thinking outside the box.

Also wondering if a similar approach could be used for character renders files (ltag_typexx).

4f36479d925625441881d571fdfd001d.png

Don't suppose there's a way to install extra entrance themes into the game_sound_m.pck and 'fool' the game, much like how adding extra titantrons, minitrons and walltrons works?

Note: I am fully aware of how to replace entrance themes with sound injector, I am just thinking outside the box.

Also wondering if a similar approach could be used for character renders files (ltag_typexx).

Well, most likely. But nobody has figured out how to do so yet. It isn't as easy as with the trons, sadly. But perhaps someone will make a breakthrough one day. That would be beautiful.

• Like 1

Well, most likely. But nobody has figured out how to do so yet. It isn't as easy as with the trons, sadly. But perhaps someone will make a breakthrough one day. That would be beautiful.

it's also worth noting that we've also added things like movement animations & moves but the problems with Audio and the renders are the files are too obscured for easy recreation.

Thanks for the replies, Really appreciate the tools you have made, its made life a lot less difficult for me along with Tek's tools.

Obviously any expansion on programs are eagerly awaited, I have been through many files trying to find clues that link a character to the themes and renders but I am guessing they are limited by hard coding in the main source.

I also have been looking at ways to try and figure out the masking 00CE files (again after giving up on 2k15), the best I came up with is where people have been putting 0's in the hex after the first line to cancel out the mask you can save time and just highlight everything after the first line and hit delete for the same result.

Looked into trying to extract the object out of the 'edit' files for the creation suite but aside from being able to extract the dds texture files it would seem they don't compare a yobj in the traditional sense which I believe was suspected in other threads I have scanned through.

Anyway don't want to stray off topic too much, excellent work again guys, its makes things a lot easier for my obsessive collecting, sorting and cataloguing of all the files both default and modded.

Edited by Perfectplex

hey, first of all I want to say what a great tool ! But, atm I am facing a problem. I downloaded lord injustice's rey mysterio .pac and injected him with your cct. I then downloaded his .pofo and /moveset from pozzum and did so too. Everything works absolutely fine, but, rey mysterio's entrances do not occur. If he isn't selected first on the match-up screen, then the game just continuously keeps showing animation of the previously chosen wrestler warming up. If he is chosen first, then the game would skip his entrance and skip to the animation of the announcers talking.

Twerking around with the 'edit .moveset and entrances' option with your cct, it appears the problem lies in the entrance animation and championship entrance animation numbers 123. If I change that, then the game does show rey's entrance, but, with the animation of another wrestler.

Do you think animation number 123 is glitched/broken/ the wrong animation for rey mysterio? If so, then what could be the proper animation for him?

hey, first of all I want to say what a great tool ! But, atm I am facing a problem. I downloaded lord injustice's rey mysterio .pac and injected him with your cct. I then downloaded his .pofo and /moveset from pozzum and did so too. Everything works absolutely fine, but, rey mysterio's entrances do not occur. If he isn't selected first on the match-up screen, then the game just continuously keeps showing animation of the previously chosen wrestler warming up. If he is chosen first, then the game would skip his entrance and skip to the animation of the announcers talking.

Twerking around with the 'edit .moveset and entrances' option with your cct, it appears the problem lies in the entrance animation and championship entrance animation numbers 123. If I change that, then the game does show rey's entrance, but, with the animation of another wrestler.

Do you think animation number 123 is glitched/broken/ the wrong animation for rey mysterio? If so, then what could be the proper animation for him?

Well, this probably means you did not install the entrance files for Rey Mysterio properly or at least not in entrance slot 123, since they do not come with the game. If the entrance is skipped like that, it's because the entrance files the game is trying access are either missing or won't work right.
You should be able to find the entrance animation files as well as help how to install them properly in Pozzum's port over project thread.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Well, this probably means you did not install the entrance files for Rey Mysterio properly or at least not in entrance slot 123, since they do not come with the game. If the entrance is skipped like that, it's because the entrance files the game is trying access are either missing or won't work right.
You should be able to find the entrance animation files as well as help how to install them properly in Pozzum's port over project thread.

I've twerked every little detail. I am new to the community, but I followed each and every instructions by you and/ pozzum. I have installed other wrestlers which are working perfectly. I even loaded the template provided from your tool and just changed the animation number from colin cassidy's to '123'. If I change the animation number 123, then the entrance occurs. If I keep it, it doesn't. I am sorry if I can't get the problem.

P.S. - Pozzum (and others') ported .moveset files have rey mysterio's entrance animation as 123 on your tool. So, that isn't helping.

Hey guys i was wondering can you tell how to input titantrons and minitrons for 2k16, i downloaded the game from steam, and I wanted to add AJ Styles titantron and mini tron etc downloaded the Aj Styles creation from CC.. I have opened the CCT tool and have 2k16 running the background, when I go to the inject tab which has minitron,walltron etc, and choose the bk2 file for titantron replacement the last bottom has a file info and says 0100 then followed by 0 0 0?? what do I do in this step. Any help would be great

Quick bug report/question.

There are two entries for slot# 364 (Ric Flair '91) in the Pofo/Moveset Exporter, are they both pointing to the same files and not going to matter which I choose to extract?

I believe that is the only duplicate entry.

Edited by Perfectplex

Quick bug report/question.

There are two entries for slot# 364 (Ric Flair '91) in the Pofo/Moveset Exporter, are they both pointing to the same files and not going to matter which I choose to extract?

I believe that is the only duplicate entry.

Good catch!
I just had a look at the .xml file, and it seems the first 364 entry is the correct one as it uses the proper addresses. The second 364 entry uses the Addresses of 365. 365 then uses the addresses of 372. 372 uses the addresses of slot 373... So it seems things are a bit messed up after 364 (many of the PacPlus slots are affected, by the looks of it).

Edited by Cave Waverider

Good catch!
I just had a look at the .xml file, and it seems the first 364 entry is the correct one as it uses the proper addresses. The second 364 entry uses the Addresses of 365. 365 then uses the addresses of 372. 372 uses the addresses of slot 373... So it seems things are a bit messed up after 364 (many of the PacPlus slots are affected, by the looks of it).

Ah, I just completed screen snapping every character in game + unlocked NPC's + 2k15 character port overs (except 2k15 mods and alt attires).

Also added the default ch files into each folder and extracted the pofos and movesets directly from the game.

Are the files in the pofo and moveset templates folder of Data Editor the default ones from the game or modified/blank?

I ask because I am wondering if to wait for a fix for CCT or just use the ones from DE templates as I like to keep clean defaults for safety. I am assuming the ones I have extracted have been corrupted in some way if I understand you rightly?!?

4bca10c0f94b27b4503f5330d4c5a5b6.png

Edited by Perfectplex

Good catch!

Ah, I just completed screen snapping every character in game + unlocked NPC's + 2k15 character port overs (except 2k15 mods and alt attires).

Also added the default ch files into each folder and extracted the pofos and movesets directly from the game.

Are the files in the pofo and moveset templates folder of Data Editor the default ones from the game or modified/blank?

I ask because I am wondering if to wait for a fix for CCT or just use the ones from DE templates as I like to keep clean defaults for safety. I am assuming the ones I have extracted have been corrupted in some way if I understand you rightly?!?

The ones in the Templates folders are what I've exported from a fresh save game of the game in it's original state, so they are the defaults for the characters that had them available.

Edited by Cave Waverider

The ones in the Templates folders are what I've exported from a fresh save game of the game in it's original state, so they are the defaults for the characters that had them available.

Cheers, that puts my mind at rest then knowing I can just copy them over to avoid any corrupted moveset/pofo extraction with the CCT.

I really didn't want to swing off the topic of the CCT specifically so you will find a possible bug report in the Data Editor thread (soon) as it pertains to that and the unlocker option specifically.