Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

Also here is a link to my tutorial 

Hey!...I've followed your directions, but whenever i try to add Hogan, AJ, ETC...it keeps on saying WCW clash of champions for some reason, which would not bother me if it didnt crash the game if i try to choose them...

Pulling my hair out here trying to get this to work right

If it crashed when you choose them, it means the pac file hasn't been installed yet. If you're using CCT to install the pac files as well, you'll need to restart the game before they work. As for their names, download the Future String, which you can find in the pinned topic in the 2k16 PC mods section.

So after i add the characters, i save it then reset it, and it should work right?...

I can deal with the names not being right, i just wondered what i was doing wrong to make it crash

Yes, exactly. :) Save the game and restart and it does work!

Some possible reasons:

• CCT is not running under the account which is allowed to access that path/file => no admin rights? / wrong game path?
  • the file is being locked for writing (or maybe reading too) by some other process => do you have the game opened?
Edited by TheVisitorX

Hey, @TheVisitorX, just a question and suggestion regarding a possible enhancement?

I was about to install @Dennis-Bieser's fantastic "Papa Shango mod" when I noticed this specific mod had 2 separate .pac files - one file for his entrance attire and another file for his in-ring gear. The drop down menu currently only supports the installation of one single .pac file at a time, like so:

f1zey8.png

Are there any plans to implement batch .pac file installations at some point? I think that would be an awesome feature, especially when you consider the fact that many mods contain multiple .pac files (for instance, @JulianBITW's Complete DDP Attire Pack has 17 different .pac files). 

Edited by Ticaliano

Hey, @TheVisitorX, just a question and suggestion regarding a possible enhancement?

I was about to install @Dennis-Bieser's fantastic "Papa Shango mod" when I noticed this specific mod had 2 separate .pac files - one file for his entrance attire and another file for his in-ring gear. The drop down menu currently only supports the installation of one single .pac file at a time, like so:

f1zey8.png

Are there any plans to implement batch .pac file installations at some point? I think that would be an awesome feature, especially when you consider the fact that many mods contain multiple .pac files (for instance, @JulianBITW's Complete DDP Attire Pack has 17 different .pac files). 

It does support it. Just mark all the ch*.pac files using CTRL+A, hold down CTRL while clicking the ones you wish to choose, Click Shift and mark a sequence, mark them with a mouse-made rectangle while hodling down the left mouse button and any other windows techniques to mark multiple files and select Open afterwards. Sometimes it makes sense to familiarize oneself with basic Windows GUI functionality. ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Yes, I'm quite familiar with CTRL+A, thanks. I just didn't know the program would accept multiple selections.

• Like 2

yes i was uninstalling wrestlers then i got that message 

Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

yes i was uninstalling wrestlers then i got that message 

Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

It does only work with an official release version of 2K16. If you have a legit version and you are in the main menu you shouldn't get that kind of error...

Yes, I'm quite familiar with CTRL+A, thanks. I just didn't know the program would accept multiple selections.

Yes, CCT does support multiple selections for ch pac files (only) :).

• Like 1

If it's really true send me more details about your system and software in the background (firewall, anti virus tools, ...) and also some screenshots from your process manager / task manager when you are in the game (main menu) and have CCT opened. And if you have CheatEngine, also some screenshot from there, first 8 byte from address 14269AAF6. And I will try to help.

Edited by TheVisitorX

it will let me install pac files from start menu  but no pofos was working fine until i used it while universe mode was open instead of main menu then it stopped working

PAC files are always working because they are not memory related. For the rest it's recommended to do it only in the main menu. The issue you have has something to with CCT can't find the process WWE2K16 or can't read from memory. But no one has sent me more details so I can't do anything. And most people with that issue have a pirated version.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

I'm having issues now as well unfortunately. It's always worked 100% fine but it just seems like it's just not reading my game sometimes. Tried reinstalling but no cigar, though I find a temporary solution is just to restart my PC and it often works :)

Edited by 4LifeBrother

I have a legit version and on the main menu but cannot install due to the error WWE2K16 isn't running... Let me tell you, I still am on 1.05 cuz I bypassed the 1.01 update somehow.

CCT does not work with version 1.0.0 because the memory addresses have changed with 1.0.1. You can try to change the data.xml file to match the addresses from version 1.0.0. It should be enough to change the memory offset to match with version 1.0.0. That could work but I'm not sure if this is working.

By the way - I have released a new version of CCT (1.0.1) in the main post. It fixes two issues (Thank you, Cave Waverider for letting me know!). I will update the details/changelog in a few minutes.

Edit: No, it does not work because the memory address for the authentication check is hard-coded to version 1.0.1.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I have a legit version and on the main menu but cannot install due to the error WWE2K16 isn't running... Let me tell you, I still am on 1.05 cuz I bypassed the 1.01 update somehow.

The main menu still says 1.05 even if you're on 1.01. You can tell them apart by the size of the WWE2k16.exe file as well as the existance of the chunk_cache.bin file. 
The 
1.01 WWE2k16.exe file is 41801736 bytes while the 1.00 WWE2k16.exe file is 41799688 bytes in length. Check the file properties to see the size. If it's the wrong one, backup your mods and enable updates or force an update.
To enable updates if it is indeed 1.00, you can right-click on the game in your Steam library->Properties->Updates->Automatic Updates then select High Priority. Click Close and restart Steam. If it still doesn't update, backup your mods, then right-click on the game in your Steam library->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Cache. That'll verify the files and Steam will download any updates.
If that still doesn't work, perhaps set a different download region in Steam->Settings->Downloads and try again.
If that doesn't work, close Steam, move WWE2k16.exe out of the game folder an start Steam again. It should then re-download the latest version of the .exe file - actually, you could probably try this first even.

Once the update is done, don't forget to install the chunk_cache.bin fix (you can install it easily via the "Fix Startup Crash with Mods" button in the latest version of Data Editor for WWE 2k16 or check the sticky on this forum to see other ways to do it) and then restore any backed-up mods that may have been overwritten (usually mods that replaced existing game files will be overwritten while additional files will remain untouched). Your savegame should still work so there is nothing to do there.

If you have the proper version, however, make sure to run CCT with Elevated privileges/as Administrator.

Edited by Cave Waverider

The main menu still says 1.05 even if you're on 1.01. You can tell them apart by the size of the WWE2k16.exe file as well as the existance of the chunk_cache.bin file. 
The 
1.01 WWE2k16.exe file is 41801736 bytes while the 1.00 WWE2k16.exe file is 41799688 bytes in length. Check the file properties to see the size. If it's the wrong one, backup your mods and enable updates or force an update.
To enable updates if it is indeed 1.00, you can right-click on the game in your Steam library->Properties->Updates->Automatic Updates then select High Priority. Click Close and restart Steam. If it still doesn't update, backup your mods, then right-click on the game in your Steam library->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Cache. That'll verify the files and Steam will download any updates.
If that still doesn't work, perhaps set a different download region in Steam->Settings->Downloads and try again.
If that doesn't work, close Steam, move WWE2k16.exe out of the game folder an start Steam again. It should then re-download the latest version of the .exe file - actually, you could probably try this first even.

Once the update is done, don't forget to install the chunk_cache.bin fix (you can install it easily via the "Fix Startup Crash with Mods" button in the latest version of Data Editor for WWE 2k16 or check the sticky on this forum to see other ways to do it) and then restore any backed-up mods that may have been overwritten (usually mods that replaced existing game files will be overwritten while additional files will remain untouched). Your savegame should still work so there is nothing to do there.

If you have the proper version, however, make sure to run CCT with Elevated privileges/as Administrator.

Wow, thanks for taking the issue up.. I'll definitely try this out and get back to you :)

Okay so that was successful... BTW how can I apply pofo and moveset to an existing wrestler like for example Seth Rollins cuz it gives overwrite file error

Which file? Character PAC file? What is the exact error you get? Pofo and moveset import does only inject something to the game memory. There is no file related thing in this - except for the savegame backup file created!

Edited by TheVisitorX

Hey, i started to install AJ Styles with your tool, i have the ch, moveset and pofo file (472 is the slot number) and once i installed it and i want to play a game with AJ, the game is stuck in the loading screen and the loading bar is at 0%. Did i do something wrong? 

Hey, i started to install AJ Styles with your tool, i have the ch, moveset and pofo file (472 is the slot number) and once i installed it and i want to play a game with AJ, the game is stuck in the loading screen and the loading bar is at 0%. Did i do something wrong? 

Did you restart the game after installing the ch*.pac files? The game loads .pac files on startup only, so it's necessary. Don't forget to save the game after injecting the .pofo and .moveset files as well.
If you did all that - d
id you use the latest version of CCT? Otherwise it might not have renamed the PACH files inside the ch*.pac files properly as there was a bug with the renaming in earlier versions. Also make sure that the files are named ch472*.pac for AJ. You could also try to load the .pofo and .moveset in the Data Editor first, re-save them (this might fix some problems of the original .pofo/.moveset) and then install them via CCT.
Which AJ is it you're trying to install anyhow?

Did you restart the game after installing the ch*.pac files? The game loads .pac files on startup only, so it's necessary. Don't forget to save the game after injecting the .pofo and .moveset files as well.
If you did all that - d
id you use the latest version of CCT? Otherwise it might not have renamed the PACH files inside the ch*.pac files properly as there was a bug with the renaming in earlier versions. Also make sure that the files are named ch472*.pac for AJ. You could also try to load the .pofo and .moveset in the Data Editor first, re-save them (this might fix some problems of the original .pofo/.moveset) and then install them via CCT.
Which AJ is it you're trying to install anyhow?

Thanks for the answer. I tried to install Braves AJ Styles. But i figured out i had the outdated version of the CCT, so everything works now :) Thank you for the help!

Is there ANY way to make it work on WWE2K16 CODEX version? :wacko:

No Support for you here. We do not help People with Cracked versions. Bugger off