Custom Character Tools + Tutorials

TheVisitorX

Thanks. Could you also make a screenshot from your running processes (including WWE executable). And maybe from CheatEngine address14269AAF6? Would be really helpful...

Minitron tutorial was taken down again , i tried. gotta go two weeks without upload now

I don't understand what problem youtube has with this video. There is nothing wrong with that. Is there any alternative to youtube we could use?

No clue , sucks big time

Is there anyway to play as modded characters in career mode using CCT?  Far as I tell you can only pick CAW's for career mode.

I tried importing modded characters into CAW slots in Data Editor by changing the pofo, moveset & pac files but I couldn't get it to work.

Ah I see, it was another issue. It seems your xml file is wrong. Do yo have a working data.xml in your CCT main directory?

And by the way, don't try to inject moveset and pofo files for one character in two different slots! It must be equal. Also don't install files with (1), (2), (3) or something in its name.

Use only filenames in this format:

Slot - XXX.moveset

Slot - XXX.pofo

* Where XXX is a number between 0 and 630.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Is there anyway to play as modded characters in career mode using CCT?  Far as I tell you can only pick CAW's for career mode.

I tried importing modded characters into CAW slots in Data Editor by changing the pofo, moveset & pac files but I couldn't get it to work.

If you inject the .pofo and .moveset into the CAW slots, you only change the information and moveset for that CAW. You can't use these slots for mods.

The only way you can play a superstar in the game or mod is to use the in-game Creations suite to make a "clone" of a wrestler/mod as a CAW.
Before you try that, definitely backup your save while the game and Steam isn't running (I'll explain why below).
To do so, start the game, enter the main menu->Creations->Superstar->WWE Superstar/Diva->Select the wrestler and Attire you wish to "clone" as CAW. When you're in the in-game editor, go to Personal Informaton, then set "Use as alternate attire?" to "No". Go back and adjust your Name Information for the Wrestler as well. Save. Now you should be able to start a new Career and import the CAW version.
Note that this doesn't work with all mods/attires. Some mods use very customized objects and can crash the in-game creations suite when you try to edit them, others may be a bit glitchy, others again may be fine. If the game crashes when loading such a mod in the in-game creations suite, it is very likely that your save will get corrupted and you'll have to recover from it by following the methods in the thread at this link. That's why you have to have backed up your save before trying as instructed earlier. 

• Like 1

I just reinstalled my CCT and works!

Thank you so much! and sorry for my bad english, I'm Brazilian xD

No worries, it's absolutely okay :). Glad it's working now :).

Edited by TheVisitorX

If you inject the .pofo and .moveset into the CAW slots, you only change the information and moveset for that CAW. You can't use these slots for mods.

The only way you can play a superstar in the game or mod is to use the in-game Creations suite to make a "clone" of a wrestler/mod as a CAW.
Before you try that, definitely backup your save while the game and Steam isn't running (I'll explain why below).
To do so, start the game, enter the main menu->Creations->Superstar->WWE Superstar/Diva->Select the wrestler and Attire you wish to "clone" as CAW. When you're in the in-game editor, go to Personal Informaton, then set "Use as alternate attire?" to "No". Go back and adjust your Name Information for the Wrestler as well. Save. Now you should be able to start a new Career and import the CAW version.
Note that this doesn't work with all mods/attires. Some mods use very customized objects and can crash the in-game creations suite when you try to edit them, others may be a bit glitchy, others again may be fine. If the game crashes when loading such a mod in the in-game creations suite, it is very likely that your save will get corrupted and you'll have to recover from it by following the methods in the thread at this link. That's why you have to have backed up your save before trying as instructed earlier. 

Yeah I tried to do that with a couple mods earlier & it kept crashing, so I figured it wasn't possible, got lucky I guess it didn't corrupt my save. 

Thanks for the info, Iv'e seen you helping a lot of people & it's very appreciated!

Hey quick question sorry if you already answered. Say I changed the ch files to another number for instance with pozzums pacplus. I changed the ch109 edited it in hxd. Will the pofo and moveset match with the ch109 (they are both 435) or do I have to manually edit them?

Calm down a bit! You need the future string in your language as Auday mentioned. This has nothing to do with CCT it is the string name for Hogan because his name is not in the game. It is the same for all modded superstars which aren't in the game. All of them have such a name. 

So how do i change the name to get him in the game???

As somebody mentioned, first you need to download the Future-Proof String and replace the original string.pac file in the WWE2k16\pac\ folder with it (alternatively, you can also use the Data Editor's Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker installer to install the Future-Proof String's string.pac, but it might not be the latest version that's included there). Make sure to do that when the game isn't running, otherwise you'll have to restart the game for the Future-Proof String to be loaded properly. Make sure you don't have any backups of the file in the game directory, if you do, move them out of the game directory. Once you've done that you can load up his .pofo file in the Data Editor and click on the String Table button. This will open your browser with Pozzum's String table. Once the table is loaded, search for the name of your wrestler (CTRL+F in most browsers). Once the entry is found, there will be a four digit hexadecimal value in the leftmost column of the table (titled "Address"). Copy that hex code and paste it into the Name field of the Data Editor's Pofo section. Check if the other data is alright and make adjustment if you like and make sure the Wrestler ID is set to the right ID of the wrestler you wish to install. If you're done, click the "Install .pofo via CCT" button. If you haven't linked the Custom Character Tools in the Data Editor yet, you'll be asked to point the Data Editor to the .exe file of CCT. Do so. CCT should then open. Start the game and get to the main menu. Once there, go back to CCT and click "Install". This will install the .pofo file. Go to MyWWE->Superstars make a small change (like changing the brands of any one of the wrestlers). Then save. Now your added wrestler should be available with the proper name.

I'm totally lost once you bring the hex stuff to it..i thought it would be like the music replacer where after it injects a superstar, he's just there, i dont wanna break my entire game just to get hogan in it

You asked how to change the name, and I explained it to you. It's really easy and there is no "breaking the game" there. Copying & pasting a string (that just happens to be a hexadecimal code) to a field in a tool is something everyone should be able to accomplish. ;)
In any case, you probably won't need the the hex part anyway if the .pofo you downloaded has it set correctly already (but it doesn't hurt to double-check, especially if the name isn't working in the game).

It might be a problem with the Pofo then....because it keeps crashing when i choose hogan no matter what...

which hogan pac file did you download.  The original one from my thread crashes on entrance, I have an updated one from LouEvil now perhaps that's your issue.

I got the old one lol

Where's the new one then?? lol

You don't have to edit the ch pac files with HXD. CCT does that by its own based on the ch pac filename. So if you change the pac filename from chXXX to chXXY, CCT does change the files inside the pac to XXY. So you don't have to edit this files with HXD.  Only make sure that you are using the latest version of CCT. But that does only work for ch pac files.

CCT does install all files based on their slot id number in its filename. But CCT doesn't check or change the relation inside the moveset and pofo files. So you have to make sure that your moveset and pofo file is for this slot or it won't work. There is also no relation between your selected files. Each will be handled separately. 

So if your filename is Slot - XXX and you change it to XXY,  CCT does install your file in Slot XXY but the relation inside the file is still XXX. That is the case for both, moveset and pofo files. 

So before you install moveset and pofo files in slot 109, open both files in Data Editor and change the Wrestler ID to 109. Then inject the files with CCT via Data Editor.  

Edited by TheVisitorX

@TheVisitorX Hi dude if you've read my posting about leaving the forums due to my save corrupting and me losing all the mods I had installed etc,I know the mistake now was because I was injecting into the save directly with Xpacker 2016 now I know this is a big no no and I realised my mistake but I'd like to ask if I was to install the game fresh with a brand new save and install mods minitrons etc with you're CCT tool and the data editor to assign everything would I save myself from corruption again as I notice you're CCT program makes backups of the save file every time 

Thanks 

James

Ah I see, it was another issue. It seems your xml file is wrong. Do yo have a working data.xml in your CCT main directory?

And by the way, don't try to inject moveset and pofo files for one character in two different slots! It must be equal. Also don't install files with (1), (2), (3) or something in its name.

Slot - XXX.moveset

Slot - XXX.pofo

@TheVisitorX Nice too meet you, i have one question, i hope you can answer me please,,,you wrote in this post that it's possible put medde superstars, between ch 0 to ch 630.....so it's possible use the empty slot for caw??? i use x packer usually, but your tool it's easy, i want try but i'm afraid that create problem with x packer?  it's possible for example put shinsuke nakamura (for example like in the tutorial) in one slots betweem 0 to 99 (caws slots) ???

thankyou for your time....

Slot - XXX.moveset

Slot - XXX.pofo

@TheVisitorX Nice too meet you, i have one question, i hope you can answer me please,,,you wrote in this post that it's possible put medde superstars, between ch 0 to ch 630.....so it's possible use the empty slot for caw??? i use x packer usually, but your tool it's easy, i want try but i'm afraid that create problem with x packer?  it's possible for example put shinsuke nakamura (for example like in the tutorial) in one slots betweem 0 to 99 (caws slots) ???

Sorry my post was a bit misleading. Slots between 0 and 99 are for CAWs only. Unfortunately you can't install modded superstars in that slots. All from and above 100 is for superstars. For some of them you will also need the new pacplus tool from pozzum.

@TheVisitorX Hi dude if you've read my posting about leaving the forums due to my save corrupting and me losing all the mods I had installed etc,I know the mistake now was because I was injecting into the save directly with Xpacker 2016 now I know this is a big no no and I realised my mistake but I'd like to ask if I was to install the game fresh with a brand new save and install mods minitrons etc with you're CCT tool and the data editor to assign everything would I save myself from corruption again as I notice you're CCT program makes backups of the save file every time 

Thanks 

James

Yeah, I've read your post and I can understand your frustration. I've had the same issue some time ago but luckily I was able to restore my savegame with the help of Cave Waveriders tutorial! It is always a good idea to make backups and never ever write anything to the savegame folder directly!

So to answer your question:

CCT does not write anything to the savegame folder directly. But - because it modifies the savegame in memory - there is theoretically a small chance that it destroys your savegame (if anything goes wrong during injection or if you inject the wrong files).

All I can say is, I'm using my tool since months and I've never had any problem with it. But it is always a good idea - before you save anything in-game - make sure the injection was successful! And use the backup feature which CCT offers. CCT has a "backup savegame" feature so it backups your whole savegame folder with all files by date in a separate(!) backup folder, even the cache file. So if anything goes wrong, you can go back to a previous build.

Injecting new minitrons, walltrons and titantrons will not destroy your save because that is not savegame related.

Youtube put my minitron tutorial back up!!!

Great to hear! Hope they will put your other tutorial back up, too! Also very sad to hear that you have so much trouble because of that tutorial :(. I can't understand yt in that case.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Slot - XXX.moveset

Slot - XXX.pofo

Sorry my post was a bit misleading. Slots between 0 and 99 are for CAWs only. Unfortunately you can't install modded superstars in that slots. All from and above 100 is for superstars. For some of them you will also need the new pacplus tool from pozzum.

Thanks 

James

Yeah, I've read your post and I can understand your frustration. I've had the same issue some time ago but luckily I was able to restore my savegame with the help of Cave Waveriders tutorial! It is always a good idea to make backups and never ever write anything to the savegame folder directly!

So to answer your question:

CCT does not write anything to the savegame folder directly. But - because it modifies the savegame in memory - there is theoretically a small chance that it destroys your savegame (if anything goes wrong during injection or if you inject the wrong files).

All I can say is, I'm using my tool since months and I've never had any problem with it. But it is always a good idea - before you save anything in-game - make sure the injection was successful! And use the backup feature which CCT offers. CCT has a "backup savegame" feature so it backups your whole savegame folder with all files by date in a separate(!) backup folder, even the cache file. So if anything goes wrong, you can go back to a previous build.

Injecting new minitrons, walltrons and titantrons will not destroy your save because that is not savegame related.

Youtube put my minitron tutorial back up!!!

Great to hear! Hope they will put your other tutorial back up, too! Also very sad to hear that you have so much trouble because of that tutorial :(. I can't understand yt in that case.

Yeah ill be re uploading the walltron tutorial later on , just gotta edit something in it.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I got everything working. One thing for the next beta that would be helpful if possible is a reset button. For instance if I accidentally click on moveset and I meant pofo even if I cancel out of the open file menu, your tool still expects a moveset even though I only want to insert a pofo. A reset button would be helpful instead of closing and reopening the tool. Regardless thanks a lot for your hard work makes things so much easier! 

• Like 1

That seems like a bug for me. I will look into it. When you've opened the "file dialog" window and click the "Cancel" button it should clear your input field and also your selected item. If that doesn't work, it's a bug and I will try to fix that for the next version.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Note that this doesn't work with all mods/attires. Some mods use very customized objects and can crash the in-game creations suite when you try to edit them, others may be a bit glitchy, others again may be fine.

Is there an alternative for adding such a mod-wrestler as a Caw-Version to WWe2k16 if the in-game Creations suite crashes when trying to mod/clone him?

Edited by Franky

Note that this doesn't work with all mods/attires. Some mods use very customized objects and can crash the in-game creations suite when you try to edit them, others may be a bit glitchy, others again may be fine.

Is there an alternative for adding such a mod-wrestler as a Caw-Version to WWe2k16 if the in-game Creations suite crashes when trying to mod/clone him?

Not that I know of.

Bro I have HBK Miniwall Files In bk Format When I want inject them with your tool Your tools does not inject Bk Files your tool inject only Bk2 Files So make your took for support Bk Files

Bro I have HBK Miniwall Files In bk Format When I want inject them with your tool Your tools does not inject Bk Files your tool inject only Bk2 Files So make your took for support Bk Files

Renaming your file extensions to .bk2 before injecting them should work.

Edited by Cave Waverider