Hello cave, can you help me I downloaded a car and that FREAKED up my game, when I downloaded it said error the caw is corruptes now I can't access to my wwe or to any match please help!!

Please keep the language clean and stay on topic, as your problem has nothing to do with the Data Editor. Hopefully you've made regular backups of your savegame. Follow the guide to recover from a corrupted save.

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new Data Update for the Data Editor 2k16 is now available for download in the top post

2016.06.04: VERSION 1.0.2-2016.0.5.6:
+ Added the following entries to WrestlerIDWithMods.data and WrestlerID.data to match the latest community ID assignments for Wrestler Mods:
187 <Raven>
188 <Mistico/Mysteziz>
190 <Giant Gonzalez>
191 <Kamala>
195 <Chyna>
234 <Ricochet>
  • Like 1

Sorry to bother you Cave, but I'm running into a odd error and I can't seem to figure out a way around it. I'm trying to edit Alt. Attires to give AJ ten slots but when I click save data to misc01start.... I get a message saying Critical Error "please check permissions, make sure the file is intact and try again." I've tried everything and I can't seem to get it to work.

Sorry to bother you Cave, but I'm running into a odd error and I can't seem to figure out a way around it. I'm trying to edit Alt. Attires to give AJ ten slots but when I click save data to misc01start.... I get a message saying Critical Error "please check permissions, make sure the file is intact and try again." I've tried everything and I can't seem to get it to work.

This error comes up when the Data Editor can't properly write the misc01_start_dlc10.pac file for whatever reason.

Does it work if you try to unlock attires for other wrestlers? Which ID did you install your AJ as? Which version of Windows do you have?

I assume you have installed the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (or a compatible 
misc01_start_dlc10.pac file) properly before using the GUI, if not, do so, as there may be problems with writing to the standard misc file since there are differences so you might want to do that.

Did you set your game directory correctly in Data Editor by selecting the game's .exe file? 
You can try to set it again with the Change Game Directory Buttons (you might have to restart the Data Editor afterwards for it to work properly).

Do you have write permissions to the game directory and it's files? 

While the Data Editor should automatically request elevated privileges, try running the Data Editor manually as Administrator just in case to see if that helps.

I hope one of the things above will help you as I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

This error comes up when the Data Editor can't properly write the misc01_start_dlc10.pac file for whatever reason.

Does it work if you try to unlock attires for other wrestlers? Which ID did you install your AJ as? Which version of Windows do you have?

I assume you have installed the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (or a compatible 
misc01_start_dlc10.pac file) properly before using the GUI, if not, do so, as there may be problems with writing to the standard misc file since there are differences so you might want to do that.

Did you set your game directory correctly in Data Editor by selecting the game's .exe file? 
You can try to set it again with the Change Game Directory Buttons (you might have to restart the Data Editor afterwards for it to work properly).

While the Data Editor should automatically request elevated privileges, try running the Data Editor manually as Administrator just in case to see if that helps.

I hope one of the things above will help you as I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I did all of that, maybe it's just windows 10 being stupid. It has a bad habit of wanting to take admin rights away from you like its an Apple OS. Would the drive I have 2k installed on be an issue? I have the data editor on my main drive but 2k is installed on my 4th drive. I am also using the future string v7, should I revert to an older version?

I did all of that, maybe it's just windows 10 being stupid. It has a bad habit of wanting to take admin rights away from you like its an Apple OS. Would the drive I have 2k installed on be an issue? I have the data editor on my main drive but 2k is installed on my 4th drive. I am also using the future string v7, should I revert to an older version?

Which future string you use doesn't matter. Hm. Make sure you have the latest version of the Data Editor. If you have a really ancient one, it may not request elevated privileges nor would running it as Administrator even work.
If you do have the latest version and it still doesn't work, you could try moving the Data Editor to the other drive and starting it there to see if that does.
You might also try to claim ownership of the game and data editor folders, perhaps Windows screwed up something there, especially if you've reinstalled it (including upgrading to a new major build) in the past.
If nothing helps, you could also try running it from a full, elevated administrator account (UAC completely disabled, search the web on how to do this) and see if that helps (note that the Windows store and those metro apps won't work with UAC off, so I'd just use it for testing if you like to use any of those).

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Which future string you use doesn't matter. Hm. Make sure you have the latest version of the Data Editor. If you have a really ancient one, it may not request elevated privileges nor would running it as Administrator even work.
If you do have the latest version and it still doesn't work, you could try moving the Data Editor to the other drive and starting it there to see if that does.
You might also try to claim ownership of the game and data editor folders, perhaps Windows screwed up something there, especially if you've reinstalled it (including upgrading to a new major build) in the past.
If nothing helps, you could also try running it from a full, elevated administrator account (UAC completely disabled, search the web on how to do this) and see if that helps (note that the Windows store and those metro apps won't work with UAC off, so I'd just use it for testing if you like to use any of those).

Thanks for the UAC tip, I'll give that a try. Hopefully it will do the trick!

A new Data Update for the Data Editor 2k16 is now available for download in the top post

2016.06.07: VERSION 1.0.3-2016.0.5.6:
+ Added the following entries to WrestlerIDWithMods.data and WrestlerID.data to match the latest community ID assignments for Wrestler Mods:
196 <Big John Studd>
198 <Boogeyman>
199 <Junkyard Dog>
235 <Prince Puma>
Edited by Cave Waverider

2016.06.08: VERSION 2016.0.5.6-1.0.4:
200 <Virgil/Vincent>
+ Fixed a few typographical errors in the WrestlerIDWithMods.data and WrestlerID.data files.
+ Changed Versioning of the Data Update to show the version of the Data Editor the Data Update is intended for first, then show the version of the Data Update for it.
Edited by Cave Waverider

2016.06.08: VERSION 2016.0.5.6-1.0.5:
605 Diego/Primo
606 Fernando/Epico
+ Added the following ID entries to TitantronID.data, MinitronID.data, WalltronID.data:
1015_1_0 
1015_2_0 

2016.06.09: VERSION 2016.0.5.6-1.0.6:
300 <Ultimo Dragon>
+ Added the following ID entries to TitantronID.data, MinitronID.data, WalltronID.data:
562_1_0
562_2_0
615_1_0
Edited by Cave Waverider

Another new Data Update for the Data Editor 2k16 is now available for download in the top post

2016.06.09: VERSION 2016.0.5.6-1.0.7:
236 <Primo>
237 <Epico>
239 <The Godfather>

A new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k16 is now available for download in the top post.

Update Notes:

2016.06.10: VERSION 2016.0.5.7 Beta:
+ Moveset: Added "Entrance Media Workarounds" section to the right of the Entrance Media section. This new section features checkboxes for various entrance media workarounds.
+ Moveset: Renamed "Winning Music Workaround for all Attires" checkbox to "Force selected Entrance and Winning Music for all Attires" and moved it into the new "Entrance Media Workarounds" section.
+ Moveset: Added checkboxes to force the selected Titantron, Minitron and Walltron videos respectively for all attires. This can be used to force these videos for all attires of wrestlers included in the game that default to certain videos with certain attires that normally override the Entrance media settings.
+ Moveset: Adapted Warning text to be generalized for all attires and moved it to the "Entrance Media Workarounds Section"
+ Moveset: Re-Arranged the GUI Elements of the Moveset section to correspond with the changes mentioned above.
+ Team Info: Added full Support for Hidden Teams 78-100 (MyWWE) and 178-200 (Universe). These teams are fully playable when created via Data Editor and installed via Custom Character Tools, but can't be edited in the game.
+ Team Info Templates: Added original, unmodified game Team Info files for IDs 78-100 (MyWWE) and 178-200 (Universe) so you can easily restore them if needed.
+ Help: Removed PacPlus Button from WWE 2k16 Game Tools, as the latest version of Pozzum's PacPlus is now included in Pozzum's Match Select 1.3 or later.
+ Help: Renamed "Trainer" Button for launching a WWE 2k16 Trainer of choice to "Trainer #1".
+ Help: Added "Trainer #2" Button that you can set to an additional WWE 2k16 trainer of choice.
+ Help: Added "Donate" Button to Data Editor Settings. If you like the Data Editor, you may support it with via this button.
+ General: Added various entries to WrestlerIDWithMods.data and WrestlerID.data to match the latest community ID assignments for Wrestler Mods from the Data Updates.
+ General: Fixed a few typographical errors in the WrestlerIDWithMods.data and WrestlerID.data files.
+ General: Added the various ID entries to TitantronID.data, MinitronID.data, WalltronID.data from the Data Updates.
+ Resources: Updated Tutorials with the changes to the program.
+ Resources: Updated Universal Alternate Attire Unlock to version 15.7.0 with Future-Proof-String 7.0.

The Screenshots in the top post have also been updated with ones from the latest version and including the latest features, as have the Data Editor Tutorials in the second post. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Im having trouble with the latest beta version ive tried everything and it just wont start. I was able to use the previous version Data Editor 2k16 v2016.0.5.0 Beta but anything above this will just lock up and i cant open the program i have to restart my pc as even in task manager im not able to kill the process. Any help on fixing the issue would be much appreciated. Also my operating system is Windows 7 

Edited by solidassassin47

Im having trouble with the latest beta version ive tried everything and it just wont start. I was able to use the previous version Data Editor 2k16 v2016.0.5.0 Beta but anything above this will just lock up and i cant open the program i have to restart my pc as even in task manager im not able to kill the process. Any help on fixing the issue would be much appreciated. Also my operating system is Windows 7 

That's really odd, it's a Java application, so it should work on any version of Windows, as long as your Java version is up to date. Do any other Java applications work normally for you?

Which version of Windows 7 are you running (you can check winver.exe)? 32 bit or 64 bit (I'm assuming 64 bit, since you can't run the game otherwise). Do you have the latest Service Pack and Updates installed? If not, you might try that. What are your hardware specifications? 
Have you run a full virus/malware scan? The task manager being unable to kill a task usually isn't a good sign. Is your Hard disk you have it installed on okay (you should be able to run chkdsk.exe in Windows 7, I believe)?

Try running "Data Editor.exe" as Administrator and make sure you have full read/write permissions for the directory it is installed in (if you have it in Program Files, you might want to try to move it to a different drive/location and see if that helps). It might be a good idea to see that your Java folder and .exe file shave the appropriate permissions as well.

Try to uninstall Java from your system, check if any Java folders are left over (if so, delete them), reboot, then install
Java Runtime Enviroment 8u92 (choose the Windows x64 exe download, the 32 bit version might not be able to handle it) and see if that helps.
If you have an older version, rename the folder and install the new one into a clean folder and run it from there. It's possible that some of the older files interfere with the newer ones, since your working version is that much older.

Just a stab in the dark here, but if you are running an Nvidia video card with 368.xx drivers, try uninstalling those with the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, then install 365.19 or earlier to see if that helps. 368.xx drivers are known to cause all kinds of issues on some systems, like bad stub data received errors, hanging of tasks in the task manager (as you described, that's why I'm suspicious this could be the issue here), connection errors, Windows Update, Chrome and many other internet applications hanging (but not all) etc..

Sadly I don't have Windows 7 on any of the computers around here anymore so I can't test it as everyone has taken the free update to Windows 10 64 bit. Does anybody else have similar problems? If so, please post here with your system specs, Windows type, version (run winver.exe), Installed Java Version(s), etc. and the version of the Data Editor that last worked for you. If you're using Windows 7 and don't have problems running the program, please do post as well.

Update: Perhaps this Windows 7 hotfix will fix it for you, as it apparently has for many people that have had problems with Java applications hanging on Windows 7. if not, use your favorite search engine to search for "java application hangs windows 7" and see if any of the suggestions you find help.

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new Data Update for the Data Editor 2k16 is now available for download in the top post

2016.06.11: VERSION 2016.0.5.7-1.0.0:
+ Updated names for IDs in EntranceAnimationBasicID.data and EntranceAnimationChampionshipID.data by adding all available Entrance Animations and removing wrong ones that were previously included.
+ Updated Names for IDs in WinningAnimationID.data and WinningAnimationChampionID.data by adding all available Entrance Animations and removing wrong ones that were previously included.
+ Updated Names for IDs in AdvancedEntranceMotionIntroID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotionStageID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotionRampID.data, AdvancedEntranceMotionRingInID.data and AdvancedEntranceMotionRingID.data by adding all available Entrance Animations and removing wrong ones that were previously included.
Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

A new Data Update for the Data Editor 2k16 is now available for download in the top post

2016.06.13: VERSION 2016.0.5.7-1.0.1:
+ Updated Universal Alternate Attire Unlock to version 0.15.0-8.0 Beta including the Future-Proof String v8.0.

Damn it all these data updates lately man. Haha just playing dude, glad you are on top of everything & keeping Data Editor up to date for all of us :D 

2016.06.17: VERSION 2016.0.5.7-1.0.2:
+ Added the following Tron IDs to TitantronID.data, MinitronID.data and WalltronID.data:
101_0_3 
218_1_0 
218_2_0
219_1_0 
219_2_0 
367_1_0 
368_1_0 
369_1_0 
429_1_0 
429_2_0 
1012_0_3 
1012_0_4 
320 <Superstar>

I'm trying to download the main Data Editor program but after the adfly page it says "Page not found" I've managed to download the update file though, help plz?

I'm trying to download the main Data Editor program but after the adfly page it says "Page not found" I've managed to download the update file though, help plz?

The download works fine for me here. Try to disable your adblocker if you're running one for adfly and see if that helps.

Question for you guys relating to this. I was hopeful that setting the number of attires to 0 would get rid of the original attire and basically have no attires display apart from any alternates that have been made as a created attire in the CAS/Creation Suite, but the original attire still appears. Is there another way to stop it from displaying at all?

The download works fine for me here. Try to disable your adblocker if you're running one for adfly and see if that helps.

Tried it and still says page not found, is there another way I could get it?

2016.06.18: VERSION 2016.0.5.7-1.0.3:
220 <Mojo Rawley>