So I reinstalled this, and I can't find the executable file again where is it?

It should be wherever you extracted it. But maybe you only downloaded the small Data Update and not the full Data Editor, in which case make sure to download the full version from the top post instead.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Is there any way to edit your tag team partner in Mycareer mode with this? (In coordination with "Custom Character Tools" of course)

I've started a career with Brie Bella and I would love to start a Bella Twins "tag team career mode". I have changed Nikki's gender hex so she is part of the mode (I can see her in the Allies/Rivals screen) but she never seems to have any fights so I cannot even attempt to start the tag team on my own. (I guess those matches are for preset fighters only)

I understand if it isn't possible, but maybe there is a way to add it to the editor?

Edit: From what I can gather, changing the gender of a wrestler only adds or removes them from the Allies/Rivals menu but does not affect any matches at all. Tried that with some male wrestlers and they still had matches as if nothing changed, but they were removed from the Allies/Rivals menu so I guess what happens there is related to the base game and not seperate. Meaning there must be some way to edit your tag partner right?

Edited by DomRyder

Is there any way to edit your tag team partner in Mycareer mode with this? (In coordination with "Custom Character Tools" of course)

I've started a career with Brie Bella and I would love to start a Bella Twins "tag team career mode". I have changed Nikki's gender hex so she is part of the mode (I can see her in the Allies/Rivals screen) but she never seems to have any fights so I cannot even attempt to start the tag team on my own. (I guess those matches are for preset fighters only)

I understand if it isn't possible, but maybe there is a way to add it to the editor?

Edit: From what I can gather, changing the gender of a wrestler only adds or removes them from the Allies/Rivals menu but does not affect any matches at all. Tried that with some male wrestlers and they still had matches as if nothing changed, but they were removed from the Allies/Rivals menu so I guess what happens there is related to the base game and not seperate. Meaning there must be some way to edit your tag partner right?

Alas, the Data Editor/CCT can't edit MyCareer stuff, but it should be possible to edit it manually, at least in theory. One would have to find the memory section that houses the my career save data to begin with and then search/decipher all the offsets before we can start to really do something like that.

Hello Cave,

I open dataeditor  - choose the entrance and moveset editor button - click unlock attire - reinstall universal attire - save data misc_... close the dataeditor.

I have a question, why  isn't  10 attire slot the  all wrestlers  ( example Vader, Terminator, Earthquake)?

Can You  Help?

• Like 1

Custom Character Tools» Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

how do I fix this error

I have a question, why  isn't  10 attire slot the  all wrestlers  ( example Vader, Terminator, Earthquake)?

You can only have alternate attires for up to 100 wrestlers selectable in the game, it's a limitation of the game.

Custom Character Tools» Error: It seems like WWE 2K16 isn't running - Please make sure that WWE 2K16 is fully open / in main menu before running the installation!

how do I fix this error

That usually happens if you aren't running an official, uncracked version of the game. If that isn't the case, do ask in the Custom Character Tools thread.

You can only have alternate attires for up to 100 wrestlers selectable in the game, it's a limitation of the game.

how do I fix this error

That usually happens if you aren't running an official, uncracked version of the game. If that isn't the case, do ask in the Custom Character Tools thread.

Ok. Thanks the answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody getting a corrupted file error when extracting.. I have downloaded the data editor 3 times with same error. I used winrar and 7zip.

Try opening the .zip archive with the native windows explorer. If that still doesn't work your download might be corrupted. Try to clear your browser cache before you try to download it again or try a different browser.

same error.. I downloaded it on my android phone and windows PC..

I just downloaded both files again myself and they extracted fine. Something might be wrong on your end, your connection or with your ISP.

Edited by Cave Waverider

quick question ....when i used the data editor to modify triple h entrance then when into the game the entrance was modified and worked great but he had the rocks moveset.....i used cct to install moveset and i was sure that it was installing to triple h......so did i miss a step? thanks for your help

quick question ....when i used the data editor to modify triple h entrance then when into the game the entrance was modified and worked great but he had the rocks moveset.....i used cct to install moveset and i was sure that it was installing to triple h......so did i miss a step? thanks for your help

I assume you used The Rock's moveset as base (or the default moveset) to change the entrance and uploaded that. Load Triple H' as a base into the Data Editor instead (either export it from the game via CCT or simply load it from the Templates folder). Then change the entrance and install the changed moveset via CCT.

• Like 1

I assume you used The Rock's moveset as base (or the default moveset) to change the entrance and uploaded that. Load Triple H' as a base into the Data Editor instead (either export it from the game via CCT or simply load it from the Templates folder). Then change the entrance and install the changed moveset via CCT.

ok that sounds like what i did ...thanks

How often does your Pac list get updated? (Do you have the CWC/NXT packs listed?)

Do you have a comprehensive list of everyone supported?

I am assuming this follows Pozzum's String Thread pretty closely?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cave Waverider and thanks once again for your wonderful tool.

Once WWE 2K17 will be released (3-4 days left) do you plan, if necessary, to update or make a new version of your tool for the new WWE game?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Edited by Thunder72

On ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 2:06 PM, Thunder72 said:

Hi Cave Waverider and thanks once again for your wonderful tool.

Once WWE 2K17 will be released (3-4 days left) do you plan, if necessary, to update or make a new version of your tool for the new WWE game?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Yes, I do plan to work on a version for WWE 2k17. Note that it will probably take quite a while to get ready, though. Could be weeks, could be months. It all depends how much has changed under the hood going from WWE 2k16 to WWE 2k17 (looking at the console version, there seem to be a lot of new things new in the moveset/wrestler information), what's actually possible this year and how quickly we'll find out which values do what exactly and also how much free time I'll have on my hands to work on it.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Yes, I do plan to work on a version for WWE 2k17. Note that it will probably take quite a while to get ready, though. Could be weeks, could be months. It all depends how much has changed under the hood going from WWE 2k16 to WWE 2k17 (looking at the console version, there seem to be a lot of new things new in the moveset/wrestler information) and how quickly we'll find out which values do what exactly and also how much free time I'll have on my hands to work on it.

Good to know.

It's alright,  It'll be released when you feels like it's ready.

It's a great tool for modding, really helpful and so it will be for WWE 2K17.

Thanks for your reply, have a nice evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, is there an alternative download for this or can someone reupload it please? the links are dead

thanks

Edit: it's a bug in mediafire it says that the file was blocked but if you copy and paste the link, it works but with adfly it wasn't easy to copy the link for mediafire

thanks alot for this tool

Edited by Kpoda15
update, problem solved

new version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k16 is now available for download in the top post.

Update Notes:

2017.12.31: Version 2016.0.6.1 Beta "Pink Edition"
+ General: Data Editor for WWE 2k18 is now compatible with Java 9.
+ General: The minimum Java version required is now JRE 1.8.0 (aka Java 8) x64 Bit.
+ General: Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) 8u152 Windows x64 bit now comes bundled with the tool. This means that it should no longer be required to install Java separately.
While this sadly increases the download size by a lot, it should prevent the issues users were having with installing a compatible version of Java and launching Data Editor.
+ General: Changed the Default Color Theme to Pink for this special, post-EOL "Pink Edition" compatibility update. You can change this in the Tools tab under Data Editor Settings->Change Data Editor Color theme. The Splash Screen is now also Pink for the same reason.

This is a special edition compatibility update to ensure Data Editor for WWE 2k16 will still work with the latest Java and Windows versions for the forseeable future.

• 3 months later...