Replicating a 2k15 trick to edit Superstars' head and body

tempwayne

Below is a trick found here. I tried to replicate it in 2k16, but when try to open the game after step 5 and before step 6, I get an error message telling me that the savegame is corrupt. This seems like a very nice workaround to unmask characters, etc. Am I missing something? 

On 6/1/2015, 1:45:29, HBShizzle said:

i dont quite understand the tutorial can someone explain it better or post a video?

It's a tedious process but I'll try to explain it a bit better.

1. You create any superstar, just save the default one then exit the game. 

2. Now backup your save files, only the three with MAIN at the beginning (don't delete them just backup)

3. Now go back to your game and delete that created superstar. 

4. Then create a new superstar, but this time the custom superstar option, so it can be anyone that you want here (brock lesnar, kane etc). You don't even have to make edits but just save them as an alternate attire through personal/superstar info. 

5. Exit the game again, backup the three main files again into a different folder like 'Backup 2'. 

6. Paste your first backup and you will see that your custom superstar is read as a normal CAS when you go to edit. Now make the edits you want, e.g remove mask (anything you want) and then save and exit the game. Now paste your second backup and it will keep the edits but add it as an alternate attire to the wrestler you want. 

I hope this helped for clarity. Also a major thank you to Nasser and Jambo for this find. 

Edited by tempwayne

I tried this mine didn't give me an error message telling me that the save game is corrupt. But it didn't leave me with an alt attire to the original either. Just the alt Superstar I saved second. So this probably isn't going to work. I didn't try it in 2k15 only 16 since you were looking to see if it did work there. Unless I did some steps wrong?

Unlike in the post you linked to where it says there are 3 MAIN files on 2k16 there are 4 MAIN files and 4 CASS files. So maybe that's the difference? I'm not sure. If you figure this out though I'd love to know because this would be a nice work around for some things.

I think you made some mistake in the middle. I tried the same thing again, and I was able to replicate the error message. Perhaps you overwrote the CASS files in addition to the MAIN files? If so, it'll leave you with the original CAW. Or did you do something else?

Perhaps you could try it in wwe 2k15 first(I don't have that game), and try to copy only the main files that were also in 2k15?

I used this a lot last year in 2K15 but this year in 2K16 it doesn't work for me. Keeps giving me corrupted data error.

Edited by MrBigShowOff

I hope someone comes up with a method to remove the Edit Lock on the superstars someway, either through memory editing, or through some savegame workaround. It'll be a lot more convenient to make simple modifications this way.

I ran some experiments on CAW 2:

I found that these two addresses have the value of HEX PAC(Column N) in Possum's superstar table when you use a superstar to create a "CAW":

14288f954
14288f955

Changing this to 00 04 causes "Face" and "Body" to appear while editing. You can add scars, and change body weight(make him fat/lean). However, you can't morph body parts like shoulders, biceps, etc. which you can normally do for CAWs. When you try that, the game crashes. It was worth a try though.

My suspicion is that the body part values(wherever they are present) for the Superstar-based CAWs are initialized to bad values, and that the CAW uses parameters from the pac file or something. When you remove that link and try to use the CAW parameters with the bad values, the game crashes. Just a hypothesis. 

I've exhausted my cheat engine skills, but with some help from a cheat engine expert(looking at you, Possum!), I think this is fully possible.

• Like 1

I found that these two addresses have the value of HEX PAC(Column N) in Possum's superstar table when you use a superstar to create a "CAW":

14288f954
14288f955

Changing this to 00 04 causes "Face" and "Body" to appear while editing. You can add scars, and change body weight(make him fat/lean). However, you can't morph body parts like shoulders, biceps, etc. which you can normally do for CAWs. When you try that, the game crashes. It was worth a try though.

My suspicion is that the body part values(wherever they are present) for the Superstar-based CAWs are initialized to bad values, and that the CAW uses parameters from the pac file or something. When you remove that link and try to use the CAW parameters with the bad values, the game crashes. Just a hypothesis. 

I've exhausted my cheat engine skills, but with some help from a cheat engine expert(looking at you, Possum!), I think this is fully possible.

i think you are on a good path with that.  Do more research onI your end because I probably won't do much caw stuff for a while.

14288f954
14288f955

yes that works, on caw 2 as you said, but i only needed  to edit the first adress 14288f954 to make it work, i can change hair beard tatoo size wieght ....
as you said body parts( shoulder etc) and face deformation crash the game. but thats pretty good.

it doesn't remove  original hair it adds the ne hair above the original ones. the color on some superstars crash the game :/
for now i edit the superstar on caw2 and when happy with it past it to an other caw slot so ican keep slot two for editing ;)
nice work man !!!

Edited by Vmars

14288f954
14288f955

yes that works, on caw 2 as you said, but i only needed  to edit the first adress 14288f954 to make it work, i can change hair beard tatoo size wieght ....
as you said body parts( shoulder etc) and face deformation crash the game. but thats pretty good.

it doesn't remove  original hair it adds the ne hair above the original ones. the color on some superstars crash the game :/
for now i edit the superstar on caw2 and when happy with it past it to an other caw slot so ican keep slot two for editing ;)
nice work man !!!

please dude tell in step by step how to do  superstar edit

14288f954
14288f955

nice work man !!!

VMars please, i mean pleeeease tell us step by step how to do superstar edit . This would be great :)

1; Make sure create a superstar/diva slot 2 is empty

2; Choose the superstar/diva you want to edit, personal info & choose NO for ''use as alt attire" then save/exit

3; Load up cheat engine, attach to 2k16.exe, memory view, go to address, paste in 14288f954 & click go, then change top left two digits to 00 04

4; Click on edit superstar/diva [will/must be in slot 2] you will see on the very top of the list, FACE and BODy will be unlocked so edit away.

*Cannot save as alt attire or will not show up selectable anywhere

• Like 1

2; Choose the superstar/diva you want to edit, personal info & choose NO for ''use as alt attire" then save/exit

3; Load up cheat engine, attach to 2k16.exe, memory view, go to address, paste in 14288f954 & click go, then change top left two digits to 00 04

4; Click on edit superstar/diva [will/must be in slot 2] you will see on the very top of the list, FACE and BODy will be unlocked so edit away.

have you tested it ? and it works really ? I 'm afraid it does not work and the save is corrupted after that operation.

have you tested it ? and it works really ? I 'm afraid it does not work and the save is corrupted after that operation.

There is always a chance any modification will corrupt your save, so back it up religiously

and..

8yb8sh.jpg

;)

& if you want to go a little nuts

2ccuiq0.jpg

Trail & error, some parts work great, others crash when edited.

4hvzwdvv.jpg

now I'm here at point 3 and now I do not know what to do .
can you please mark with red color what i have to change..

because, i not understand :/:(

Edited by Dennis-Bieser

4hvzwdvv.jpg

2q0k9yf.jpg

• Like 1

4hvzwdvv.jpg

2q0k9yf.jpg

This does not work for me...  :(

when I click on "edit superstar" then i can not choose head and body. What am I doing wrong ?

when I close cheat engine and open it again then "00 04" is no longer there. must i save this in cheat engine ?

It worked for me man! :D

After I finished editing, I changed the value back, then saved it as alt attire, and it worked :D

• Like 1

It worked for me man! :D

After I finished editing, I changed the value back, then saved it as alt attire, and it worked :D

Great stuff :D

The only thing I hate about alt attires is they also take up CAW slots. If they didn't do that I'd probably use them a whole lot more.