[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Will it be possible to inject ring announcer's introduction with Sound Injector?

I added CM Punk, Del Rio and Rey but Lillan doesn't introduce them right even if they had their own introduction in 2k15 :(

Will it be possible to inject ring announcer's introduction with Sound Injector?

I added CM Punk, Del Rio and Rey but Lillan doesn't introduce them right even if they had their own introduction in 2k15 :(

Sound Injector 2 is expendable via data.xml. Maybe I will release a tutorial for that. But you have to find the assigned ids by yourself. If you have the ids you can easily add them in the data xml file and then you can replace them with SI as any other sound. 

But that does only work if you like to replace an existing slot and it does not work with modded superstars because new slots don't have any announcer file. And SI does only replace existing files. So in your case it won't work. Sorry. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

There was a small bug which I've fixed last night and for now there is only one issue left so far which I have to check. Some user from this board has reported that the newest version does not work with Windows 7. Unfortunately I don't have Windows 7. I've upgraded to 10 last year. I need to check that first.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hey Visitor when is an open beta likely to be released. We'd all love to try it out and that way you can get more feedback from people with different setups

Immediately after I have received the last feedback from the testers and when I'm absolutely sure that SI runs fine with Windows 7!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

There was a small bug which I've fixed last night and for now there is only one issue left so far which I have to check. Some user from this board has reported that the newest version does not work with Windows 7. Unfortunately I don't have Windows 7. I've upgraded to 10 last year. I need to check that first.

Have you tried using compatibility mode? Windows 10 has that option too. :)

Just my opinon Joseph, I think he'd get alot more feedback from the community if he released the beta to all instead of some

@mrwrestle

I've had some really small thoughts about making it "payware" because nobody has used the "send a donation" feature last year and the development costs a lot of time but I've decided to release it for free like last year. In my opinion modding shouldn't cost anything. I don't want to charge anything for my work. This tool would not be there without the community and I also highly benefit from the work of other modders like pozzum with his great google sheets and a lot of other great modders here who spend a lot of time and share all their mods and findings for free. So yes, Sound Injector is still free and I don't have any plans to change that. But I will release it "as it is". I don't have the time to give special support or to implement each new great feature. So I have to make sure that it runs as good as possible @release.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 10

Absolutely Jimmycranre1986 and it wasn't directed at you by any means, please don't take it as that.

It's just a general courtesy to VisitorX, it's like Customers at the local KFC, people are always in a hurry.

There's a saying - good things come to those who wait.

I'm excited to randomly check the thread and there's the injector, that's more exciting for me then refreshing the page all the time.

=)

Edited by JosephKobiayashi

Couldn't we get cm punks name announced through his titantron like we did when we first added themes to games before your sound replacer tool. 

Absolutely Jimmycranre1986 and it wasn't directed at you by any means, please don't take it as that.

It's just a general courtesy to VisitorX, it's like Customers at the local KFC, people are always in a hurry.

I'm excited to randomly check the thread and there's the injector, that's more exciting for me then refreshing the page all the time.

=)

No problem mate. I don't hold it back to annoy anyone it's simply because it's easier for me to handle with only a small amount of testers. It's more personal. I did it the same way last year and have had good experiences with it. Even if I can't cover all configurations.

Couldn't we get cm punks name announced through his titantron like we did when we first added themes to games before your sound replacer tool. 

That is a good idea, that could be working! A titantron with only the announcer and then inject the music. It's intelligent. Maybe that will work! I'm not sure. But it would only work for entrances and not for winning animations..

And it does only work if entrance music is working. Most of the old entrances have no music. It is a problem with the old entrances.

Edited by TheVisitorX

=)

No problem mate. I don't hold it back to annoy anyone it's simply because it's easier for me to handle with only a small amount of testers. It's more personal. I did it the same way last year and have had good experiences with it. Even if I can't cover all configurations.

I totally understand, just sometimes I think Customers -because that's technically what we are - just get a little impatient, and as you've said, when it's ready for a beta/release then that's when it will be ready =)

Ohh I didn't think of the ported entrances. I don't think the name after the match is as important as they enter the ring. I don't no if it's just me but I like to watch entrance but usually when match is over I click off before they call the winner. Unless there was a title on the line. 

I think it will take alot of trial and error to get it right though.