[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Great idea! That could be really useful! I will implement that feature in the next update! Hopefully SE is still compatible with 2K17 when it gets released! By the way, there is a little hidden feature. Double-click on a "Name" column and you can change the name of that row. It will be saved in the data.xml file automatically. Next time you open that sound archive, the name will still be there!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Sound Editor 1.0.1 with search-support (by id) has been released. Open a pck file, browse to source and click "ctrl + f" or go to "Search" and click "Search .." and enter your text/id in the text-area at the bottom of the window.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that you released your Sound Editor - it's awesome!  I've been messing around with pck files from 2k15 and 2k16, and everything has been working well.  That hidden feature of editing the name field is super helpful.

If you're still looking for feedback, I have some suggestions for future versions:

- In the Sound-Converter, would it be possible to add a way to select an entire folder or multiple simultaneous files to do a batch conversion to wem?

- Is it possible to extend the search function to also scan the Name field?

I just realized that you released your Sound Editor - it's awesome!  I've been messing around with pck files from 2k15 and 2k16, and everything has been working well.  That hidden feature of editing the name field is super helpful.

If you're still looking for feedback, I have some suggestions for future versions:

- In the Sound-Converter, would it be possible to add a way to select an entire folder or multiple simultaneous files to do a batch conversion to wem?

Sure. Thank you for your suggestions!

Multiple simultaneous files are already possible! Simply select multiple files with the mouse by dragging the cursor (rectangle selection) over it or hold down CTRL and click on the files you want to convert.

I will try to implement that in the next version.

• Like 1

Multiple simultaneous files are already possible! Simply select multiple files with the mouse by dragging the cursor (rectangle selection) over it or hold down CTRL and click on the files you want to convert.

Nice!  I just tried it out with a few files and it worked perfectly.

I will try to implement that in the next version.

Awesome!  Thank you!

No but you can't restore your sound files from a previous version. So all replaced themes are not restorable. The only way to restore the sounds is to inject the themes again. But you don't lost your "injected" songs.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I figured out a work around. It's a little more lengthy, but if you go to the link on the first page saying how to convert music to wem, you can still inject the song after you find the song you want to replace and have the replacement song converted to WEM.

The conversion to WEM is actually pretty easy and I kinda memorized it within a few minutes of just doing it alongside the video.

I say still continue to work on the fix for why I can't run the converter tool provided with the sound injector program. I'm actually pretty willing to work with you on this, it just comes down to if I remember to come back and actually take a look at any of the replies if there are any.

If you would like my direct contact, I'd say for you to message me and it will send a notification to my email.

Once again, thanks!

Your path seems correct.. The Problem is... WwiseCLI is a third party executable from Audiokinetic. SI/SE does only call the file conversion method on this tool via command line arguments. So I haven't much options to debug or something...It could be a conflict with the used template and your Wwise version. But if file conversion via Wwise works, that couldn't be the problem. Another issue could be missing or limited admin rights... But I don't think that this is the issue. I could try to compile a special version for you which a bit more debugging output or you could try to run Wwise CLI by your own, maybe you will get some more detailed errors from there.

Edited by TheVisitorX

• 3 weeks later...

Great tool, exactly what i was looking for.

I have an issue though, i have read what to do if the music volume is too low but...i see no slider for volume in your sound converter as the OP says there is. 

Also this might seem a bit stupid but...im assuming the compression slider, the further to the right the more its compressed? Since there's no values i'm not 100% clear on that.

This is a BEAST of an idea and tool, BUT I cant get it to work.

Recently downloaded the Sound Injector, followed all the steps but still got the "file 0 conversion" error. 

So I tried manually converting the files to wem.

Got it done, but once it injected in game through SI, and I went to EASY Entrance, and tried to preview the music on the CAW the game crashed.

Multiple times. 

Also tried 4Life's method, but error still shows up saying wrong version of Wwise. P.S. the version it wants does not exist anymore. 

Any help would be appreciated fellas!

Ok, so I figured out the problem. @TheVisitorX, best if this goes on the front. There is an extra step.

Its better to download Wwise manually from the site, the 2014.6 version. BUT the launcher needs the VC Redistributable 2008 FROM THE WWISE SITE. 

Good news is I got the Sound Converter to work and I have my wem file. But now, whenever I try and inject the file, it says: "Error, no pck sound file specified, or missing"

What can I do to fix this?

Pathing got messed up for the game. Its fixed.

I think the major problem for me was the VC redistributable which MUST be downloaded FROM THE WWISE site. Otherwise windows WONT install it since you have a 2016 or later version now. @TheVisitorX

Edited by Aetherbeast
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully you are ready for 2K17 :p

I'm still not sure if I will move to 2K17 (but I think I will...). But it depends if modding will still be possible or not. I have a bad feeling but we will see... Maybe "Sound Editor" is still working with 2K17 without any updates so we would only need the new ids.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Any clue why this could be happening?   4s0aw0.png

Re-installed and have full admin rights to the program. This is what i get when trying to convert btw. 

Please make sure that your soundfile doesn't include special characters. Try a file name with only alphanumeric chars like A-Z or 0-9. It is an issue with the external sound converter tool.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Please make sure that your soundfile doesn't include special characters. Try a file name with only alphanumeric chars like A-Z or 0-9. It is an issue with the external sound converter tool.

Right, so that made that error go away, but nwo im getting this one.  5lx8w4.png

and it wont go away unless i end the process in task manager, then Soun dInjector says make sure i have the correct version of Wwise, and I'm sure i do, i downloaded it from the lin kin the OP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you are ready for 2K17 :p

I'm still not sure if I will move to 2K17 (but I think I will...). But it depends if modding will still be possible or not. I have a bad feeling but we will see... Maybe "Sound Editor" is still working with 2K17 without any updates so we would only need the new ids.

Someone was generous enough to send me one of the Xbox 360 sound files from 2k17 - and I was able to open/preview/extract with the current version of Sound Editor - so hopefully this will be a pretty smooth transition.

• Like 1

Ok bad news/good news.

Bad news :( - I was mistaken in what I said earlier about opening with the current version of Sound Editor.  It was actually Ravioli Explorer that was able to open the Xbox 360 files.  But hopefully that means that if the files are different - it isn't by much.

Good news :) - As far as I can tell, music in both 2k16 and 2k17 have the same sound ids.  So we might only need to locate the new songs.  I'll keep poking around to see if any of the commentary etc. also match up.

So if they don't change during the port to PC, these should be the sound ids for the 2k17 soundtrack:

<sound id="134540403" name="Drone (FIDLAR)" />
    <sound id="408069843" name="Paranoid (Black Sabbath)" />
    <sound id="383019352" name="Come Down (Anderson .Paak)" />
    <sound id="702639171" name="We Don't Have to Dance (Andy Black)" />
    <sound id="171100903" name="Ride (Twenty One Pilots)" />
    <sound id="71173803" name="This Time (Axwell Ingrosso)" />
    <sound id="154726971" name="We Run (iSHi)" />
    <sound id="845703972" name="Run (Bring Me the Horizon)" />
    <sound id="248954724" name="Lockjaw (French Montana)" />
    <sound id="398226036" name="We Made It (Yellow Claw)" />
    <sound id="1032416223" name="Bad Boy for Life (P-Diddy)" />
    <sound id="741699810" name="What About the Rest of Us (Action Bronson)" />
    <sound id="664628718" name="Out of Control (Travis Barker)" />

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback! Maybe we can find all the sound ids together to speed up the update process for 2K17! By the way, it's a known issue that the X360 version doesn't work with SE/SI! It has something to do with the way the data is stored/calculated. So that doesn't have to mean anything for the PC version. I've pre-ordered 2K17 and I will release an updated version of (at least) SE if necessary. (But maybe no update for Sound Injector.. ). Help is very welcome! Hopefully the procedure is exactly the same like last year...

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1