[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Sure you can but please make sure that all your sound files are working as expected because you can't go back without the backup.

Yes the game works normally with imported sound, nothing is missing :D

Hi, i have this error

---------------------------
Error
File 0 conversion to wem failed. Please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1).
OK   

How to fix it or how to dowload this version?

Hello All,

I received this error "File 0 conversion to wav failed. Please make sure to run this tool with administrator rights. I'm running the built in Sound-Converter, I'm running in Admin mode, installed the files from this thread. Thanks in advanced!

Hi, i have this error

Error
File 0 conversion to wem failed. Please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1).
OK   

Install Wwise and check your path to the Wwise binary in the "Settings" dialog window.

Hello All,

I received this error "File 0 conversion to wav failed. Please make sure to run this tool with administrator rights. I'm running the built in Sound-Converter, I'm running in Admin mode, installed the files from this thread. Thanks in advanced!

Avoid files with special characters in the filename! Try only alpha numeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9).

Edited by TheVisitorX

Hi, i have this error

Error
OK   

Install Wwise and check your path to the Wwise binary in the "Settings" dialog window.

Hello All,

Avoid files with special characters in the filename! Try only alpha numeric characters (A-Z, a-Z, 0-9).

Wow! That's exactly what it was. It works perfect now!! Thank you so much!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have more generic themes to replace D:

Any ideas? I've replaced all of them. What can I do? No way to put them without replacing?

I don't have more generic themes to replace D:

Any ideas? I've replaced all of them. What can I do? No way to put them without replacing?

Alas, nobody has figured out how to do that yet. 

However, what you can also do is add a Titantron with integrated theme music or add the theme music to an existing, silent Titantron with RAD Video Tools "Mix in Sound" option. The downsides of this method is that titantrons only play during entrances, so the winning music won't be affected (you can assign a different entrance music, though, and make sure the music in the titantron is loud enough for the actual theme not to be heard - then you'll hear the actual theme as winning music). Also note that if you have a PC that isn't powerful enough to render the entrances above the Tron video FPS threshold constantly (which is probably somewhere around 26 and 30 FPS), the theme may be glitching for you as the frames of the video are skipped/catch up. In addition, you'll want your titantron to be at least as long as it takes for your wrestler's Entrance animation to finish playing or the theme music will abort and restart once the video loops.

• Like 2

I have begun a database where I will be adding a bunch of custom trons I collect.  These will be converted directly into bk2 format to be dropped into titantron folders WITH audio included.  I will also be adding, silent, regular versions of those trons and I will take requests.  I need a few people to mess around with them to see how they work OUTSIDE of my system which is pretty high end.  Using RadTools and Quicktime I've gotten around to getting trons converted very seamlessly and there are no skipping, glitching issues in game for me.  I'm hoping to refine this so it works perfectly for everyone.  If I can help, please let me know.  This is very much a WIP project I can see someone more talented than I overtaking but I want to get this ball rolling officially, there are a few trons that are a tiny bit short so the audio loops, but we've gotta get something going here cuz I've run into the issue of Sound Injector no longer working for me so I needed this workaround myself lol

Edited by The Brand

Visitor I have a problem. I had injected a lot of themes prior but now the new ones that I have injected wont even run in the game. I just cant hear them. I tried it with CM Punk's theme and Demi-Gods (AJ Styles ROH theme) but still no music ingame. 

Seems like many people are having that issue especially when they have injected a lot of new themes. I don't recommend to inject a lot of themes at once. Try only a few of them instead and see if it's working. If not - replace the old sound file(s) with the backup SI creates and try it again. It's always a good idea to use the backup feature SI offers. If you can't hear or inject new themes it is mostly because the sound file is damaged :(. But I need more "input" to reproduce that issue.

1. Have you replaced themes that you have previously replaced?
2. How many themes have you replaced before that issue occurs?
3. Which themes?

If we could isolate that issue I can try to find a fix for that.

Maybe you can also try to upload a changed sound pck file from your game and I can try to change that in my game.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Seems like many people are having that issue especially when they have injected a lot of new themes. I don't recommend to inject a lot of themes at once. Try only a few of them instead and see if it's working. If not - replace the old sound file(s) with the backup SI creates and try it again. It's always a good idea to use the backup feature SI offers. If you can't hear or inject new themes it is mostly because the sound file is damaged :(. But I need more "input" to reproduce that issue.

1. Have you replaced themes that you have previously replaced?
2. How many themes have you replaced before that issue occurs?
3. Which themes?

If we could isolate that issue I can try to find a fix for that.

Maybe you can also try to upload a changed sound pck file from your game and I can try to change that in my game.

1. I have but that was about 1-2 months ago and after that other themes worked.

2.As above,I had replaced 1-2 months ago ingame themes along with soundtrack music. I had injected 6 themes 

3. The CM Punk Cult Of Personality AE and No AE from this thread http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/62582-themes-audio-previews-arena-effects-alts/ and this one that I converted myself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTNHX8y01Q

Also The CM Punk one I injected into Arnold T1 slot so could that be one of the problems. I also injected the AJ one into Jake Robert's 

Edited by TheBigRedDisaster

Ok. Does it work with other themes? Could you try to replace another theme? I don't think that it is an issue with the sound file. I think it is a problem with the sound pck file from the game... Maybe some injection issue has destroyed the right file references... But for further testing I need the sound.pck file. But that file is really huge :/.

Ok. Does it work with other themes? Could you try to replace another theme? I don't think that it is an issue with the sound file. I think it is a problem with the sound pck file from the game... Maybe some injection issue has destroyed the right file references... But for further testing I need the sound.pck file. But that file is really huge :/.

Yeah I was about to say that about the sound.pck file. I will try to replace someone like Rose or Mizdow. I will tell you the results of it

I can confirm in my personal case, that this was what seemed to cause the problem for me.  I had a day when I was rushing through stuff and did like 6 themes fairly quickly and since then I have not been able to inject over a theme, HOWEVER, I am still able to inject over the menu music.  Hope we can help narrow this little thing down.:D

It appears as though I backed up every single WWE 2K16 file clean on an external drive.  Is there a chance I could swap the clean Sound.pck for the one in my active game folder?  I'm still very green so excuse my vagueness. Like I said before, A month back I injected like 6 themes fairly quickly and some time later, I went to inject over Lord Steven Regal and it didn't work, now that is void of sound.   I then tried the Mexican Patriot theme which I was using for Mizdow when I reverted him BACK to Sandow.  it reverted Mexican Patriot from being Sandow's theme to being empty of sound as well and since then I have not dared to try again as I don't want anymore empty sound slots.  Currently I believe Lord Steven Regal and Mexican Patriot are out of commission for me since I did that load of 6 injections way back.  Last thing I did was try to inject The Hardy Boyz theme over the Mexican Patriot slot to see if it was the WEM I was working with and it didn't work but for HAHAs I injected The Hardyz theme over  that Zakk Brown band song in the menu soundtrack and that did work.

Edited by The Brand

Unfortunately, there is no "single" sound file, all sound files are packaged into big sound archive files. That files are in the sound directory of 2K16. The file game_sound_m.pck is the main sound package which includes most of the generic themes and also most of the Wrestler themes. The other files are dlcxx.pck. There you will find updated themes and themes for the DLC characters.

As I've said, It is highly recommended to use SI's backup feature because it saves all that files for you, so you can go back each time when something went wrong.

SI has two "injection" methods:

Method 1 "inserts" new sounds and changes the references from the old sound file to the new one.

This step is used when the new file size is bigger than the old one, so there is not enough room to "replace" the source file.

Method 2 actually "replaces" the source file with the new one. That does only work when the new file is smaller or equals.

So it's really hard to find out what went wrong when I don't know the files and their sizes. I need the changed game_sound_m.pck file for further testing. But that file is really large - I know :(.

By the way, the menu sound tracks are in the game_sound_m.pck file as well. Interesting that it does work with that files. The procedure is the same. Maybe your new sound file is smaller in terms of its size?

Edited by TheVisitorX

Unfortunately, there is no "single" sound file, all sound files are packaged into big sound archive files. That files are in the sound directory of 2K16. The file game_sound_m.pck is the main sound package which includes most of the generic themes and also most of the Wrestler themes. The other files are dlcxx.pck. There you will find updated themes and themes for the DLC characters.

As I've said, It is highly recommended to use SI's backup feature because it saves all that files for you, so you can go back each time when something went wrong.

SI has two "injection" methods:

Method 1 "inserts" new sounds and changes the references from the old sound file to the new one.

This step is used when the new file size is bigger than the old one, so there is not enough room to "replace" the source file.

Method 2 actually "replaces" the source file with the new one. That does only work when the new file is smaller or equals.

So it's really hard to found out what went wrong when I don't know the files and their sizes. I need the changed game_sound_m.pck file for further testing. But that file is really large - I know :(.

By the way, the menu sound tracks are in the game_sound_m.pck file as well. Interesting that it does work with that files. The procedure is the same. Maybe your new sound file is smaller in terms of its size?

Interesting about the menu music.  I will check into this immediately.

Idea! Check if the sound that has been replaced works in Ravioli. That might tell you if it's the sound file or not.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is a good idea. Your could try to export/play your sound file in "Ravioli Game Tools" and check if it's working. Open the game_sound_m.pck file with the "RExplorer" (Ravioli Game Tools). Browse/search for the sound file with the number. 98841901 is Mexican Patriot. 475508083 should be Lord Steven Regal.

"Ravioli Game Tools" offers a tool to export and play sound files from the game.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Making progress.  I've discovered that the files that are not working, are different when I run through the list of themes in Ravioli.  For example, both Lord Steven Regal and Mexican Patriot are labeled differently.  Perhaps I did something wrong and unchecked the backup feature or some other mistep??

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gHkwgvMPRnSnNCRWItcWhLenc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gHkwgvMPRnYnFxOUdXYndJUE0

I tried to quickly upload a few photos to show you exactly this.

These particular files are for some reason attached to my "Local Disk" rather than "WWISE_V/WWISE_P".  Perhaps a way to rectify this..??

can someone upload the sound injector for 2k15 here? i know i shouldnt post here but i  cant find anywhere, the link in threads are broken, my pc cant run 2k16 and i really want new themes in my game, please someone upload it who have it

Making progress.  I've discovered that the files that are not working, are different when I run through the list of themes in Ravioli.  For example, both Lord Steven Regal and Mexican Patriot are labeled differently.  Perhaps I did something wrong and unchecked the backup feature or some other mistep??

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gHkwgvMPRnSnNCRWItcWhLenc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gHkwgvMPRnYnFxOUdXYndJUE0

I tried to quickly upload a few photos to show you exactly this.

These particular files are for some reason attached to my "Local Disk" rather than "WWISE_V/WWISE_P".  Perhaps a way to rectify this..??

Interesting. Can you export and upload that particular file?

The complete file is empty. The id and size is right, but there is no content. Interesting. Seems like the offset information is lost or the tool couldn't read/write the source file. But I need the pck file to say more. Could you try something more?

Change one of the themes of a dlc20 character, for example "Mr. Perfect" and try to reproduce that issue with that file. Save the original dlc20.pck file before!!! If you have that error again, please upload the dlc20.pck file and give me some more details about how often you have changed the theme and which file you have used. It would be a big help for me! The dlc20.pck file is not so large so it should be no problem to upload that file.