[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

NOD is also wrong -,-. I'm sorry! It is because some of them have multiple ids with the same theme... Will fix this in a minute. BTW "The Vaudevillains" id is correct!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

NOD is also wrong -,-. I'm sorry! It is because some of them have multiple ids with the same theme... Will fix this in a minute. BTW "The Vaudevillains" id is correct!

Of the 3 times I've injected it, using different wems just in case one was broken the game was not running, not sure why

"The Vaudevillains" is the only one which has the right id so it must be another issue, maybe something with your configuration? Changing that theme is working fine for me. Paige and NOD has been fixed. Here is a new data.xml file, replace the old data.xml file with this one and both should work!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B663Soer5xMlTWg3anoyWmhYVkk

I've updated the setup in the first post, too. If you find more, please let me know and I will check that! Always make sure that your game_sound_m.pck file isn't open by another process (no Ravioli Game Tools, no WWE 2K16).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

"The Vaudevillains" is the only one which has the right id so it must be another issue, maybe something with your configuration? Changing that theme is working fine for me. Paige and NOD has been fixed. Here is a new data.xml file, replace this one with the old one and both should work!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B663Soer5xMldVZMamVKYjVzaTQ

I've updated the setup in the first post, too. If you find more, please let me know and I will check that! Always make sure that your game_sound_m.pck file isn't open by another process (no Ravioli Game Tools, no WWE 2K16).

Thank you :D 

• Like 1

Does anyone of you also experience, that sometimes injected music (replaced generic themes) randomly doesnt work for the entrance? I experienced it a few times with different wrestlers, especially when the modded wrestler was the second one coming to the ring or in a royal rumble... afterwards i checked the entrance in creation mode, played a singles match and the music is there?!? 

Does anyone of you also experience, that sometimes injected music (replaced generic themes) randomly doesnt work for the entrance? I experienced it a few times with different wrestlers, especially when the modded wrestler was the second one coming to the ring or in a royal rumble... afterwards i checked the entrance in creation mode, played a singles match and the music is there?!? 

That's a bug of the game itself, apparently fixed in the console version.

Yes. I can confirm this bug has been fixed in the Xbox One version in one of the earlier patches but the PC version still has it (however, the PC version has the frequent crashes for entrance pyros fixed, while the Xbox One version still has those - I can't comment on the PS4 version as I don't have it). The workaround is to not use an advanced entrance or make sure wrestlers with advanced entrance set don't come out after another wrestler with advanced entrance set (although in the latter case the Entrance music can still go whacky at times, especially in multi person matches).
Alas, it seems 2k have given up on fixing the PC version thanks to all the people pirating the game instead of buying it and showing support. So thank you, thieves and pirates! ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Yes. I can confirm this bug has been fixed in the Xbox One version in one of the earlier patches but the PC version still has it (however, the PC version has the frequent crashes for entrance pyros fixed, while the Xbox One version still has those - I can't comment on the PS4 version as I don't have it). The workaround is to not use an advanced entrance or make sure wrestlers with advanced entrance set don't come out after another wrestler with advanced entrance set (although in the latter case the Entrance music can still go whacky at times, especially in multi person matches).
Alas, it seems 2k have given up on fixing the PC version thanks to all the people pirating the game instead of buying it and showing support. So thank you, thieves and pirates! ;)

The console versions need months of patches just to not have their saves explode (if it's not the patches themselves causing save problems, see 1.05) other than thousands of gameplay problems, and you can't pirate console games yet. WWE 2k15, which was a dead on arrival game, still sold 100k copies on PC even though it was broken in many key futures. 

Piracy as nothing to do with it, they simply don't care.

Edited by cloudropis

The console versions need months of patches just to not have their saves explode (if it's not the patches themselves causing save problems, see 1.05) other than thousands of gameplay problems, and you can't pirate console games yet. WWE 2k15, which was a dead on arrival game, still sold 100k copies on PC even though it was broken in many key futures. 

Piracy as nothing to do with it, they simply don't care.

2K16 sadly has only sold 36k copies <1.5% of total console sales.  So they don't have much reason to support.  I'm just hoping they push the release date more forward next year.

When I inject a sound on The Vaudevillains, it doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

EDIT: Never mind. I saw the other replies from this thread.

Edited by Zero Tolerance
Similar replies from other users

When I inject a sound on The Vaudevillains, it doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

EDIT: Never mind. I saw the other replies from this thread.

"The Vaudevillains" is the only one which has the right id so it must be another issue, maybe something with your configuration? Changing that theme is working fine for me. Paige and NOD has been fixed. Here is a new data.xml file, replace the old data.xml file with this one and both should work!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B663Soer5xMlTWg3anoyWmhYVkk

Can any of you guys that tried to inject a new Vaudevillains theme check if the injected theme plays as winning music, Gotch and/or English singles entrances, non-Gotch/English wrestlers with the theme assigned? I wonder if they have different hard coded music for any of those cases.
I think when I catalogued the theme IDs to use with Data Editor I found that some cases use a different ID (but I can't remember which ones), so there might be something there.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

I think Kevin Owens sound is not work. When I inject it, it;s not replaced :(

Thanks. I can confirm that, Kevin Owens isn't working. I will release another fix for him. If you find more, please let me know!

Btw. I've tested "The Vaudevillains" again and it is definitely working BUT I've only tried it in the "Entrance Editor" with the first Superstar (Adam Rose) selected because it is easier for me to test. And now a strange thing happened...

If I've selected "Simon Gotch", the theme didn't changed! So the music not only depends on the selected theme but also depends on the selected superstar. I didn't know that :(. Maybe it's also an issue with other tag team or stable themes :(.

Edit: Seems like it's not the case for "The Outsiders" and "The Nation of Domination"! BTW that's an interesting find, I didn't know that before.

Edited by TheVisitorX

@TheVisitorX, strange audio situation I've encountered maybe you can help with? 

So I injected Hulk Hogan's old WWF theme into the game overwriting "American Patriot." I also assigned the theme to Hogan in Cav'es Data Editor (388 pac/moveset/pofo).

The problem is I can only hear the theme with Hogan when I'm inside the "Easy Entrance Creation" suite. When an actual match starts up, all I get are Hogan's entrance animations but there's no music.... :unsure:

I have successfully added and assigned many themes before with no problems. This is the first time I've ever had this happen. What do you think I'm missing here? 

Edited by Ticaliano

Yes, it's an issue with Hogans current entrance slot id. 109 and 111 isn't working for 2K16, because they have removed all sound references for that slots. You need to change his entrance to another id. I've changed mine to 500, which is working. I think LouEvil has uploaded a package with a 00500.pac in his thread. Try that one and change the entrance id to slot 500 with "Data Editor".

By the way, another issue could be the "advanced entrance" flag. Sometimes there is no music playing for advanced entrances! It's a bug from the game..

Edit: Here is Hogans 109 entrance in slot 500:

http://adf.ly/1aEEeu

Copy and paste this into your pac/evt folder and change the "Entrance Animation" in "Data Editor" to 500.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

2.1.3 is out with a fix for Kevin Owens. Now there are two "The Vaudevillains" themes.

=> First one is the theme for all other Wrestlers, second one is the theme used by Simon Gotch / Aiden English (Tag-Team Entrance)

Here is a link for the new data.xml file:

http://adf.ly/1aEKac

(Replace the old one with that from the link)

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Is it possible to change the setup process for Sound Injector? Let's say I have my modified data.xml file, and I install a newer version of SI. Right now, it won't bother checking if a data.xml exists and just replaces it without prompting. Is it not possible to add a flag that checks if the data.xml has been modified and asks the user if they want to keep it (upgrade it, adding in the changes) or replace it with a new one? Also, I seem to have a stumbled upon an ID issue, although I don't if it's down to SI or the game. That is, the 2K Showcase cutscenes audio are in game_sound_M.pck, but when they are replaced, the game is still using the old clip. As a test, here's the ID for the start of KoTR '96:

790496342. If you replace it, with say, a 2K Showcase cutscene audio ID, from 2K15, it won't work. Now, as I am feeling[ extra generous, here's the ID for Rock vs CM Punk from RR 2013:

I'm not sure about your Showcase issue because I've never played that mode :/. But I don't think that there is another way to replace this files. Maybe the sound files are duplicates? Like many of the themes? And that's the reason why that didn't work?

Is it possible to change the setup process for Sound Injector? Let's say I have my modified data.xml file, and I install a newer version of SI. Right now, it won't bother checking if a data.xml exists and just replaces it without prompting. Is it not possible to add a flag that checks if the data.xml has been modified and asks the user if they want to keep it (upgrade it, adding in the changes) or replace it with a new one?

I think that is not possible with the current setup tool. It's only an easy setup tool. There is no way to tell if it's an upgrade or a clean installation. So there is no incremental setup, it does always make a full installation. But you could download the data.xml file from my announcement and edit/add the changes by yourself. I will add the link to the main post.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I think Kevin Owens sound is not work. When I inject it, it;s not replaced :(

Thanks. I can confirm that, Kevin Owens isn't working. I will release another fix for him. If you find more, please let me know!

Btw. I've tested "The Vaudevillains" again and it is definitely working BUT I've tried it only in the Entrance editor with the first Superstar (Adam Rose) because it is easier for me to test. And now a strange thing happens...

If I have selected "Simon Gotch", the theme hasn't changed! So the music depends not only on the selection but it also depends on the selected superstars. I didn't know that :(. Maybe it's also an issue with other tag team or stable themes :(.

Edit: Seems like it's not the case for "The Outsiders" and "The Nation of Domination"! By The way it is an interesting find, I didn't know that before.

Yes, that's what I thought. It looks like there is a separate theme only usable by the real characters it's meant for and another for all others (not sure why they did that). On the bright side, this means we might have more theme slots to use with custom themes without screwing the ones of the real wrestlers. There might be other cases of this, too. I think the Wyatt Family may also be a similar case, as I believe I saw different IDs for them, but I might not remember correctly. It might be worth checking the other tag teams as well.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Yes, it's an issue with Hogans current entrance slot id. 109 and 111 isn't working for 2K16, because they have removed all sound references for that slots. You need to change his entrance to another id. I've changed mine to 500, which is working. I think LouEvil has uploaded a package with a 00500.pac in his thread. Try that one and change the entrance id to slot 500 with "Data Editor".

By the way, another issue could be the "advanced entrance" flag. Sometimes there is no music playing for advanced entrances! It's a bug from the game..

Edit: Here is Hogans 109 entrance in slot 500:

http://adf.ly/1aEEeu

Copy and paste this into your pac/evt folder and change the "Entrance Animation" in "Data Editor" to 500.

That worked like a charm. Thanks! :)

But there's one other question I have: Over this past weekend, I was messing around a bit in Audacity trying to recreate Enzo & Cass' entrance from NXT Takeover: Brooklyn (lots of energy, huge crowd pop, Enzo & Cass both with lots of emotion on the mic.)  I noticed, though, once they get in the ring, the theme resets itself and starts again from the beginning before quickly fading out. This is preventing me from creating a complete entrance. So my question is this: is it possible there's a secondary .wem file for that specific part of their intro (where they talk in the ring?)

Sound Injector only has a single menu entry in the drop-down options ("Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady.") I'm wondering if either the "Voice" or  "Cinematics" slider(s) control the speaking portion of Enzo & Cass' entrance and not necessarily the .wem. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Ticaliano

Is there any way to replace in-game sound effects?

For example, if I wanted to replace the sounds of the audience counting to ten when wrestlers are out of the ring, instead with the sounds of some other person counting to ten.

Anyone know if that's possible, and if so -- how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

when I'm trying to inject my audio file and convert it says 'File 0 conversion to wem failed.Please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1)

And I had downloaded it right what the person had said in the video

2014.1.5 build 5282 (stable)

Please help???

when I'm trying to inject my audio file and convert it says 'File 0 conversion to wem failed.Please make sure you have the right Wwise version (2014.1)

And I had downloaded it right what the person had said in the video

2014.1.5 build 5282 (stable)

Please help???

Check your Wwise path in the settings menu.

Replacing JBL's sound file is working fine for me. Make sure that you run the tool as Administrator and that the game is not opened when inject a new sound file.

Edited by TheVisitorX