[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

It worked! I made a an rpg type sullen warrior character who is now a Wrestler and included a Baldur`s Gate soundtrack for his entrance- Sublime. Wonderful.

I`m a bit of a noob to this, so I doubt I would`ve figured it out if it wasn`t for the helpful video you also included. THANKYOU.

p.s. By the way, I heavily respect your decision, not to charge for mods. i think you`re doing the right thing. I`m an artist and while I do charge for actual contract work ( I have to to put bread on the table), I`ve not charged for little personal requests that people have sometimes asked for on forums. It`s my way to give back to people who do modding stuff out of their own decency and freewill and want others to share.

Edited by Seafireliv
  • Like 1

I have a quick question. When I inject the music into the game, the music then sounds scratchy. I've downloaded the songs in 320kbps and messed with the sound converter options to see if that was the problem but nothing has helped. I mean, the music is still listenable and all it just isn't as crisp as the themes that come with the game. Thanks for any help you can provide and thank you a bunch for the mod.

Maybe I can help. Perhaps try a file larger than 320kbps? ie, a better quality track?  Mine is 1536 kbps and is as clear as the default tracks. I only needed to increase the sound volume by two notches so it was clear over the crowd, even without doing that it still sounded good.

Edited by Seafireliv

Maybe I can help. Perhaps try a file larger than 320kbps? ie, a better quality track?  Mine is 1536 kbps and is as clear as the default tracks. I only needed to increase the sound volume by two notches so it was clear over the crowd, even without doing that it still sounded good.

Cool, thank you for the quick response! Can you tell me which program you use to download the music? I was just using MP3Fiber and VUBEY as a youtube to mp3 situation. 

After you won match,song that plays has no intro.Not all wrestlers has this,but many do.It is good,but i want to know,it is because entrance and win songs are two separate files,or there is some kind of "start song" parameter?

It has something to do with the alternate attires and it's (another) known bug from the game. The song is still the same, there is only one for all cases. Internally the same event triggers the sound. But the game "forgets" sometimes to trigger the play events or triggers only a "music_reverb" event. It's the same when you use a modded entrance on a slot, the game doesn't know. Unfortunately the game has a lot of issues with sounds right now. That goes from endless loops, to silent sounds, to sounds that are only playing at the end of an entrance. But most issues are caused by advanced entrance editor and alternate attires.

But to answer your question, the sound is always the same. But the game "triggers" the sounds with Wwise events. There is some sort of table which the game uses to trigger the sounds. The sounds are all slot related. Something like Play_ 0100_0_0 (The Rock). I'm still finding out things. It is really interesting to reverse engineer their sound behaviour with CE. So you could clearly see why the sound isn't playing.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Cool, thank you for the quick response! Can you tell me which program you use to download the music? I was just using MP3Fiber and VUBEY as a youtube to mp3 situation. 

I don`t really download songs, I just rip them out of games or use ones already included in the game (soundtracks). I do use utube downloader to get some music and then use audacity if I want to turn them into just audio.

It has something to do with the alternate attires and it's (another) known bug from the game. The song is still the same, there is only one for all cases. Internally the same event triggers the sound. But the game "forgets" sometimes to trigger the play events or triggers only a "music_reverb" event. It's the same when you use a modded entrance on a slot, the game doesn't know. Unfortunately the game has a lot of issues with sounds right now. That goes from endless loops, to silent sounds, to sounds that are only playing at the end of an entrance. But most issues are caused by advanced entrance editor and alternate attires.

But to answer your question, the sound is always the same. But the game "triggers" the sounds with Wwise events. There is some sort of table which the game uses to trigger the sounds. The sounds are all slot related. Something like Play_ 0100_0_0 (The Rock). I'm still finding out things. It is really interesting to reverse engineer their sound behaviour with CE. So you could clearly see why the sound isn't playing.

By the way, have you considered uploading your Mod onto the Nexus? You can request WWE as a new mod section (now it`s on pc). All Mods have to be offered free, but there is a `donate` option (which is truly optional, not called donate, but then forces people to pay).

Maybe give the Nexus a look, m8.

Edited by Seafireliv

can you remove a single song that has multiple copies of it example Lucha dragons is both sin cara's and Kalisto's can you remove one of them?

can you remove a single song that has multiple copies of it example Lucha dragons is both sin cara's and Kalisto's can you remove one of them?

Not if there is only a single file that both point to, which is usually the case, but not always.
I'd assume that if the there are separate entries in the Injector Tool, both themes can likely be replaced independently, though.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Not if there is only a single file that both point to, which is usually the case.

thanks didn't want to remove one just in case, shame. 

Cave Waverider is right. Each theme which is listed in SI can be replaced independently. If multiple Wrestlers share the same theme, I have merged them so only one of them is listed, for example The Rock '00 & '01, Pillman 2 and Stunning Steve Austin and so on. But some of them are independently even if the theme sounds the same, they have different files.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Cave Waverider is right. Each theme which is listed in SI can be replaced independently. If multiple Wrestlers share the same theme, I have merged them so only one of them is listed, for example The Rock '00 & '01, Pillman 2 and Stunning Steve Austin and so on. But some of them are independently even if the theme sounds the same, they have different files.

Any update on editing the data xml and injecting new ring announcer sounds? or does the program still hang?

I am not sure, if this is still a problem for anybody, but I finally managed to have the converted superstars (rey, cm punk, del rio) with there ported entrance animation, titantron and thememusic alltogether. At first I also experienced that the music did not work, when the ported entrance animation, which seems to be related with the moveset-file, was used.

First it seems that within the ported evt.pac there must be a link to the titantron-video, so when you put the video in there and name it with the right number (f.e.: "ent_123_0_0.bk2"), it is possible to have the titantron without having to replace any other, just by using the ported moveset and associating the entrance animation via cheat engine.

But when you associate their theme music (I injected Rey Theme for "Mexican Patriot" with ID 7002000)  in the game editor, parts of the moveset relating the entrance are obviously overwritten, because the file structure has had minor changes. Result is, that you can have a titantron without music or music without titantron.

So what you do is, inserting pozzums originally ported and not ingame edited moveset-files with cheat eninge (they miss the strong grapples), do the same and associate the entrance animation (pozzums table), put the titantron with the right number in the movies-folder and at least paste the generic themes ID, which you replaced via sound injector) into the Music HEX Line of your wrestler (pozzums table). I hope that helped someone. Quite complicated... @ VisitorX: Didnt you want to add a function, where we could assign the generic themes IDs to the modded wrestlers directly? That would be helpful... :-)

Edited by olympic_hurz
  • Like 1

Okay so a little update been playing with comm_ch.pck file which contains callnames for the wrestlers and managed to successfully inject justin robert saying cm punk from 2k15 over general adnan with soundinjector. I've found out that comm_ch.pck is SoundpathID 7 and I Even checked the comm_ch.pck file in ravoli tools and it's in there the only thing is when i went to load a match with general adnan, lillian garcia says general adnan. But what is interesting is i injected the same cm punk audio file over bray wyatt's i'm the eater of worlds audio when he taunts and it said CM Punk but that was soundpathID =0 which is the game_sound m pck which we inject the themes into so I'm wondering if Visitor maybe can add the other pck files to soundinjector or if something is linking the audio to play 

I am not sure, if this is still a problem for anybody, but I finally managed to have the converted superstars (rey, cm punk, del rio) with there ported entrance animation, titantron and thememusic alltogether. At first I also experienced that the music did not work, when the ported entrance animation, which seems to be related with the moveset-file, was used.

First it seems that within the ported evt.pac there must be a link to the titantron-video, so when you put the video in there and name it with the right number (f.e.: "ent_123_0_0.bk2"), it is possible to have the titantron without having to replace any other, just by using the ported moveset and associating the entrance animation via cheat engine.

But when you associate their theme music (I injected Rey Theme for "Mexican Patriot" with ID 7002000)  in the game editor, parts of the moveset relating the entrance are obviously overwritten, because the file structure has had minor changes. Result is, that you can have a titantron without music or music without titantron.

So what you do is, inserting pozzums originally ported and not ingame edited moveset-files with cheat eninge (they miss the strong grapples), do the same and associate the entrance animation (pozzums table), put the titantron with the right number in the movies-folder and at least paste the generic themes ID, which you replaced via sound injector) into the Music HEX Line of your wrestler (pozzums table). I hope that helped someone. Quite complicated... @ VisitorX: Didnt you want to add a function, where we could assign the generic themes IDs to the modded wrestlers directly? That would be helpful... :-)

Yes, I've planned that function for the next update. I'm still unsure if I will include it in an update or in a completely new tool. I have some ideas but I like to keep it as simple and easy to use as possible. A huge memory editor isn't the easiest thing so I have to make a decision. Maybe I will only add that function to assign a custom theme to a specific slot in SI. Because all other things like titantron etc. are a bit overloaded for a simple Sound Injector. But I will think about it...

Okay so a little update been playing with comm_ch.pck file which contains callnames for the wrestlers and managed to successfully inject justin robert saying cm punk from 2k15 over general adnan with soundinjector. I've found out that comm_ch.pck is SoundpathID 7 and I Even checked the comm_ch.pck file in ravoli tools and it's in there the only thing is when i went to load a match with general adnan, lillian garcia says general adnan. But what is interesting is i injected the same cm punk audio file over bray wyatt's i'm the eater of worlds audio when he taunts and it said CM Punk but that was soundpathID =0 which is the game_sound m pck which we inject the themes into so I'm wondering if Visitor maybe can add the other pck files to soundinjector or if something is linking the audio to play 

7 is the right path for commentary, yes. 6 is for ring announcements. To complete your post and findings, here are all possible soundPathIds:

0 sound\game_sound_m.pck
1 sound\dlc20.pck
2 sound\dlc30.pck
3 sound\dlc40.pck
4 sound\game_sound_e_s.pck
5 sound\ra_e_s.pck
6 sound\ra_m.pck.pck
7 sound\comm_ch.pck
8 sound\comm_common1_e_s.pck
9 sound\comm_common1_m.pck
10 sound\comm_common2_e_s.pck
11 sound\comm_common2_m.pck
12 sound\comm_common3_e_s.pck
13 sound\comm_common3_m.pck.pck
14 sound\comm_specific_e_s.pck
15 sound\comm_specific_m.pck
16 sound\crowd_chants_e_s.pck
17 sound\crowd_chants_m.pck

(some of them are not changeable because there are no wwise files and p01.pac is still missing)

Sorry, but I'm not really sure what your problem is. So you have tried to inject a file in comm_ch.pck and it was successful but in the game the sound is still the same, right? Maybe the right sound file has another id? There are often multiple ids for the same sound. Seems like multiple versions of sounds and they haven't removed the other unused version. It is the same with some themes. It is more or less trial and error. You could try to inject another sound and check if that is working. But like I've said. I've never tried any other sounds. But it should work because all of them are Wwise files.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Yes, I've planned that function for the next update. I'm still unsure if I will include it in an update or in a completely new tool. I have some ideas but I like to keep it as simple and easy to use as possible. A huge memory editor isn't the easiest thing so I have to make a decision. Maybe I will only add that function to assign a custom theme to a specific slot in SI. Because all other things like titantron etc. are a bit overloaded for a simple Sound Injector. But I will think about it...

7 is the right path for commentary, yes. 6 is for ring announcements. To complete your post and findings, here are all possible soundPathIds:

0 sound\game_sound_m.pck
1 sound\dlc20.pck
2 sound\dlc30.pck
3 sound\dlc40.pck
4 sound\game_sound_e_s.pck
5 sound\ra_e_s.pck
6 sound\ra_m.pck.pck
7 sound\comm_ch.pck
8 sound\comm_common1_e_s.pck
9 sound\comm_common1_m.pck
10 sound\comm_common2_e_s.pck
11 sound\comm_common2_m.pck
12 sound\comm_common3_e_s.pck
13 sound\comm_common3_m.pck.pck
14 sound\comm_specific_e_s.pck
15 sound\comm_specific_m.pck
16 sound\crowd_chants_e_s.pck
17 sound\crowd_chants_m.pck

(some of them are not changeable because there are no wwise files and p01.pac is still missing)

Sorry, but I'm not really sure what your problem is. So you have tried to inject a file in comm_ch.pck and it was successful but in the game the sound is still the same, right? Maybe the right sound file has another id? There are often multiple ids for the same sound. Seems like multiple versions of sounds and they haven't removed the other unused version. It is the same with some themes. It is more or less trial and error. You could try to inject another sound and check if that is working. But like I've said. I've never tried any other sounds. But it should work because all of them are Wwise files.

Okay so found another ID in ravoli tools for General Adnan and tried replacing this injected fine but still says general adnan and not the Justin Roberts CM Punk audio I injected with so maybe their is more files saying comm_ch pck file, let's work together ppl and we can maybe get call names going

I am trying to add Chimel's audio for Stone Cold, and I get the message "no pck sound file specified or missing!". In my data.xml, I have the sound path ID pointing to "6" which is the ring announcer clips. Any help?

RA should be 6. See my post above. Your id should be in sound\comm_ch.pck if you select soundPathId 7. If SI tells you that, then it couln't find the sound in that path, maybe try 5 or 6 instead.

Edited by TheVisitorX

but soundpath ID = 6 is for the ra_m.pck file where the ring announcer files are located and the hometown/weight calls etc like from Miami Florida, weighing 275lbs etc but when we try to inject with the data xml set to soundpath ID= 6 it says Error: no pck sound file specified or missing!

(Also what I don't understand is that Ra_m.pck contains plenty of wwise files (I.E the announcements etc) and you said SoundPath 6 is for RA_M.pck but yet when we try to inject anything into that it says error no pck sound file specified or missing?

Which means nothing can be injected into the ra_m.pck file

Update - Still trying ra_m.pck on SoundPathID = 6 and nothing so I haven't clue why it's not picking up the ra_m.pck file tbh

Edited by Jimmycrane1986

Do you still have SI 1.x? There was an error in version 1.0. There was a misspelling in one of the ra_x files. But that error has been fixed in a later version. And you're right that error tells you that SI couldn't find the pck file. The other error tells your that the sound id wasn't there. So it is not a path issue.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm using version 2.1.0, the latest one. The error I'm getting is, as I stated before, it can't find the pck file. I can attach a screenshot of the debug screen, if you so wish.

2.1.0 here aswell buddy

checking the path file list you sent me could it i noticed you wrote ra_m.pck.pck is that just a typo error? or is this why we can't find the ra_m.pck file?

• Like 1

This misspelling is still in o.O. Strange.. Thought it was fixed in 1.0.1 but it's not. Sorry, my fault ;). Will release a fix for that.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

I have an idea! Have you ever thought of the possibility of releasing it on GitHub, where you can view the changes that other people have made (awaiting confirmation) and decide whether or not to commit them? Just a thought...

Excellent :) Thank you buddy this mean we should have no problem now injecting new call names ;)

This misspelling is still in o.O. Strange.. Thought it was fixed in 1.0.1 but it's not. Sorry, my fault ;). Will release a fix for that.

Thanks again buddy :)