[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Has anyone had the issue of importing the music, then it plays on create an entrance, and then doesn't play during the actual match? I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I think that happens when you use advanced create an entrance, I had to redo all my advanced entrances & just use the default quick ones to get music, not the best solution I know :p

I wish that would help, but I was making it on Easy Creation when this problem started. Not sure, if it makes a difference because I'm working with ported entrances from 2k15. It's such a tease! I can hear it in the entrance creator AND custom menu soundtracks, but no when my CM Punk enters the ring! ODIN'S BEARD!

First I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to the people who have donated, you guys rock! Thank you for your contributions! I really appreciate that! I will try my best to make SI better! Also a big thanks for all the warm words and "thank you" posts! I'm really glad that you like my work! Unfortunately I can't respond to each post or problem because my time is really limited, sorry. So please don't take it amiss!

There was a problem with "Dustin Rhodes" like a user has reported. It is because the soundPathId is wrong. You can change that by yourself or wait for the next update. If you like to change it by yourself, open data.xml file and search for "Dustin Rhodes". Change his "soundPathId" from "0" to "3" and save. Now it should work.

People who have problems with the themes not playing during entrance with custom/modded superstars, please make sure that you have changed the entrance music id with cheatengine after applying the moveset. Also Hogans entrance has no music by default! It is not a problem with SI. When the second entrance is silent or not playing it is a bug from the game, caused by the advanced entrance editor. You have to wait for a patch or only use the "easy mode" as temporary fix.

If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something with the game running. That does not work! If injection takes a long time and you get no success message, check your debug info. It is mostly caused by a wrong soundid. There is only a log entry for that, no dialog message!

If all does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SI and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for that. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection. I need further information for that case.

Edited by TheVisitorX

So... i don't know if SI caused this or not, but before I used it, my save was fine. After I used it, my save was corrupted. :/

Before SI was released, my save game was corrupted after editing a CAW a certain way (I made his head shape wonky... to change the look of the hair the CAW was using... went to save, and it corrupted the save, making the game start a new save file, losing me everything). Your save corrupting had nothing to do with SI. 

MY ADVISE TO ALL:
Manually back up your save folder periodically.

It can be found at: C>Program Files(x86)>Steam>userdata>(Yourusernumber)>385730
Just copy the 385730 folder to a second place and label it properly so you don't forget. I just named put my 385730 folder in a folder named WWE 2k16 (date) Save Backup.

Edited by JDB
  • Like 1

Thank you for the advice on how to fix the no music problem during the entrances. I'm absolutely going to try that when I get back home. Also thank you for all your hard work!

My save game gets corrupted multiple times, too. Each time I've changed something via X-Packer, some time later it gets corrupted :(. Since then I use cheat engine without problems so far. Maybe it has something to do with the backup files of X-Packer or something. Problem is the backup of remote folder also doesn't work. Even if I recover the old directory the game still says my save game is corrupted :/. But as I've said, it has nothing to do with SI. Because SI doesn't touch anything save game or memory related.

Edited by TheVisitorX

My save game gets corrupted multiple times, too. Each time I've changed something via X-Packer, some days later it gets corrupted :(. Since then I use cheat engine without problems so far. Maybe it has something to do with the backup files of X-Packer or something. Problem is the backup of remote folder also doesn't work. Even if I recover the old directory the game still says my save game is corrupted :/. But as I've said, it has nothing to do with SI. Because SI doesn't touch anything save game or memory related.

You're backing up the Remote folder and the RemoteCache right? (I'm sure you are just figured I'd ask)
See, I haven't had my save wipe more than once, and the first time I didn't even think to have a backup, so I haven't had to try to use my backup save.
I can't really remember what the process was last year for backing up the saves, I feel like I might be messing a step let me dig around a little. 

Edit: forgot all about the WWE 2k folder in your Admin>Appdata>Local>Temp folder, (easiest way to get there is push windows key and R, type %appdata% then go up a folder because it starts you in Appdata>Roaming folder) But from the looks of it, that folder wasn't essential in save backups last year) Maybe we should start a Save File thread as to not detract from your awesome Sound Injector? Sorry man.

Edited by JDB

I just tried assigning the music to CM Punk with the Cheat engine and still coming up with the same problem (Muisc on the menu and Create an Entrance, but no music during the actual Intro to the match). I just ran the same WEM with Sound Injector 1 on WWE 2K15 and it worked like a charm (So the problem isn't doing the process isn't the problem or WEM itself). I'm just out of ideas here, anyone have a solution? 

PS. I also tried a bk2 file for the Titantron with audio attached to it, but the audio wouldn't play anywhere in the game... just wondering if that's related.

In regards to the deleted memory save:

Found a pretty swell solution to the problem. Apparently this always happens whenever I shut my computer down and boot it back up 100% of the time. Now before I start up my game, I:

1. copy all my save files onto my desktop
  2. start up the game
  3. let it do its save corruption B.S.
  4. overwrite making a new save file
  5. quit the game menu
  6. drag the old copied files on my desktop back into my save folder to overwrite the new save
  7. start up the game
  8. then do a "Wild Bill" victory dance!

So far, this has been my favorite solution because it avoids all the unnecessary backing up the save files every time, but do what you will. Hope this was helpful.

Edited by buffdiaz

If you hear the music in-game, the injection process was successful. So it is not a problem with SI. All that SI does is it replaces the sound in the game pck archive. There are no differences between in matches or during entrance editor in terms of sounds. Both are the same sound file. So when you don't hear anything during entrance, it's a problem with your modded superstar entrance (wrong music id in the moveset file) or an issue of the game because the sound file is there, if you can hear it in the entrance editor - from SI side all was working fine. You can try any other theme and you won't hear anything, too. Unfortunately I can't support anything other modding related, sorry.

But you can easily find out if the process was successful. Change the theme of any other original superstar / caw and if  that doesn't work (in editor and during entrance) there was something wrong with the injected file.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Thank you for getting back quick, but I forgot to add that the issue is the same for my in game wrestlers. For example, I had Superstar Steve Austin's them switched with Cult of Personality, however walks out with no entrance music playing. Has it everywhere else, but not in match.

That is strange. Never have had that problem before. And all other original themes are working fine for you? What if you change to a theme you don't have injected yet? But I still think it is a bug from the game because you hear the sound in the entrance editor, right? So the injection itself was successful. Could you try it again on a complete vanilla sound file? Or did you try to repair the game via Steam? Does your superstar have an advanced entrance?

If you like, I can upload a DLC sound file with only one theme injected (maybe with your wem file) for testing. If this file does work fine for me and it does not work for you, there is something wrong with your game!

Edited by TheVisitorX

My save game gets corrupted multiple times, too. Each time I've changed something via X-Packer, some time later it gets corrupted :(. Since then I use cheat engine without problems so far. Maybe it has something to do with the backup files of X-Packer or something. Problem is the backup of remote folder also doesn't work. Even if I recover the old directory the game still says my save game is corrupted :/. But as I've said, it has nothing to do with SI. Because SI doesn't touch anything save game or memory related.

It must be X-Packer, I've been doing most of my modding through hxd, and have had no issues with my saves

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure how to upload the sound file, but I did get it from Krosssfaded's awesome soundpack #3. In fact, I downloaded all of them through that post. Like I said, it just worked with 2K'15, but gives me the problems with 16. I am going to take your advice however and reinstall my game and try it from scratch. If that doesn't help, then I'll give your vanilla DLC insert a shot. If THAT doesn't work, then so help me God, my monitor is going to have a fist hole lol

Reinstalling my game and trying the Sound Injector out was a success! Great suggestion! Now I'm going to reinstall the mods to find the root of the problem. If I come by anything I'll let you guys know.

@TheVisitorX just wanted to say SI2 doesn't give me any of the problems I talked about in the first page, not even a peep from the euristic module! Props and thanks!

I can confirm that SI is still working fine with Patch 1.01. So it is not the modded music which crashes the game after Patch 1.01. But other mods are :(.