[Released] Sound Injector / Sound Editor - Updated: 10-11-2016

TheVisitorX

Just played AJ Styles vs CM Punk. Both worked well and i'm not having problems with the 2nd entrance. i don't get what might be the problem with you guys... 

Just played AJ Styles vs CM Punk. Both worked well and i'm not having problems with the 2nd entrance. i don't get what might be the problem with you guys... 

I just had a theme run two entrances long, haha I had that happen in 2k14 a LOT so i assume it's just this game being this game.

I only had one problem on one of my testings, one song didn't stop playing when i skipped the entrance and i could still hear the music while i was in the match, but only happened once... meh, not a big deal 

Edited by Ashba

I only had one problem on one of my testings, one song didn't stop playing when i skipped the entrance and i could still hear the music while i was in the match, but only happened once... meh, not a big deal 

That actually happens in 2k14 and 2k15, happened to me.

• Like 1

Okay so I injected AJ Styles WEM music to replace the SuperHero generic theme but it's not changing. Any advice?

Make sure you're doing so with the game not started. 

Second entrance has no music is not a "bug" caused by Sound Injector but a bug from the game itself. I have the same issue with CAWs without injecting everything. It is a known issue with the game. It is fixed in the console version but unfortunately not in the PC version. That and some crashes when using fireworks/pyro during entrance prevents me from using caws this year. Hopefully they will fix that for PC, too..:(

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the two are related. Sometimes the entrance music starts playing multiple times, I wouldn't be surprised if pyros/lighting and even animations are also rendered multiple times, which could cause the crashes.

WOOW great tool thanks man ..

is it possible we can use to edit the announcers and commentary files  ?

Can I replace sound effects as well, out just songs? That baseball bat sound isn't vicious enough for me.

In theory it should be possible with all the sounds in the game. You only have to find the correct sound ids and add them to the data.xml file. Maybe I will release a tutorial for that later because you also have to set the correct soundPathId, otherwise it won't work. But I haven't tested other files yet. So maybe it will work, maybe not.

@Sn4tch: Yeah it is really annoying :(! That sound loop thing is another issue. I think it's caused by the advanced entrance editor.

ahh so that's why it most probably didn't work I edited the xml file and added a new category called callnames and added a new entry to Lillian garcia saying Triple H, I found the ID for this sound file by opening the gamesound m pck file in Ravoli Tools Opened up soundinjector and the new category appeared and file was in the list as HHH Callname went to inject a random sound just for testing purposes and it said please wait but instead of the popup showing and saying done injecting you can now close program safely the program just hangs and now I've read that you said the soundbank ID has to be right I'm starting to think that is why 

So if you know them of course Visitor could you tell me the SoundPathID's for the other sounds.

Edited by Jimmycrane1986

Could you please give me the id which you have tried to change? 

This is for General Adnan - 206582387 me and bannock tried replacing this too

and here is the triple H callname - 364112954

Edited by Jimmycrane1986

I'm a bit confused now... You have tried to replace id 364112954 which is Triple H callname by something randomly, right? But what is the other id for, General Adnan? Have you tried to replace both?

Okay. I think there is a misunderstanding. If you mean the "soundPathId" in the data.xml then it's not actually a sound id! It's only a parameter to tell the application where it needs to search for the specific file. Each file has an id. So you don't need a binary id here ;). Or even a source header id.

And the reason why it won't work is, that you maybe have used 4 or 0 as soundPathId.

0 = game_sound_m.pck
4 = game_sound_e_s.pck

The reason why it didn't work is simply because there is no sound file in this archive with that calculated hex value. You can see it when you look in "debug info". It tells you that there isn't any sound file with that id.

Edited by TheVisitorX

The soundPathId is only a "imaginary" entry which I have introduced to make the sound editing expandable. The game doesn't use only one sound archive, it uses multiple. game_sound_m for all themes etc., dlc files for the dlcs and also separate one for the ring announcements. To keep it as efficient as possible the application only searches in just one sound archive for the specific sound id. So you have to tell the application where to search for the sound file id (item id in xml). So that's where the "soundPathId" is used for.

Edited by TheVisitorX

it's a game problem i think. happened to me on 'my career' when my caw won then music played, then the authority came and their music played but my music continued to play. so there were two musics playing and it was annoying.

The soundPathId is only a "imaginary" entry which I have introduced to make the sound editing expandable. The game doesn't use only one sound archive, it uses multiple. game_sound_m for all themes etc., dlc files for the dlcs and also separate one for the ring announcements. To keep it as efficient as possible the application only searches in just one sound archive for the specific sound id. So you have to tell the application where to search for the sound file id (item id in xml).

so the ring announcements are also in .wem format? does this mean we can have custom ring announcements and not just ported from 2k15?