WarGreymon's Arenas - 4/28/2016 - WCW Sat. Night 1992-1993

WarGreymon77

By now I've posted these in places like CAWs.ws and WWE 2K forums, but it cannot hurt to expand one's audience.  It's mostly WCW 1997 (ALL of 1997 is covered).  I'm not sure how to do this, because I've got a lot of arenas, a lot of screenshots, and only one OP.  There's more screenshots on my CAWs.ws thread because it's spread out and not all in the same post.  All 20 of my arena upload slots and most of my show upload slots are already filled, but I might drop Road Wild '98, Shotgun, or Heat.  Most arenas have shows uploaded as well.  Let's start with my top priority, the WCW cable TV shows!  One final note: I don't know if this was caused by patch 1.03, but there's a glitch where during entrances for matches, the titantron screen or minitron will be thrown into a bizarre position like underneath the stage or something.  There's an easy fix.  Go into CAA and "edit" the arena.  Notice how everything is suddenly where it's supposed to be?  Weird but click accept and it'll be fine for matches after that.  And sometimes the minitron pattern disappears on an arena.  It's out of my hands, but there is a fix for that too.  Go into CAA and edit the arena.  Go to the minitron where the pattern is supposed to be.  Click on color and click accept so it'll get added to the color history.  Apply the proper pattern.  Go back to color and choose the proper color from your color history.  Accept and save.  A few aprons, like Nitro, NWA, SmackDown!, and WCW Old School created by Judders for 2K14 I think.  Listed in the order of my creation...

WCW Monday Nitro

In 2K14, I had been using an animated electronic billboard pattern for the Nitro flames, but they took that away.  And for some reason, when you use a pattern on the announce table, it adds this annoying transparency to a logo. But! I am VERY pleased with the ring!

WCW Thunder (Version 3! Uploaded Dec. 16, 2015)

WCW Saturday Night (NEW AND IMPROVED Version uploaded Dec. 11, 2015)

If you previously downloaded my show, replace the arena with this one for better accuracy.

The Great American Bash (listed as "WCW Great American Bash", I think)

Based on 1997, as are most of my WCW PPV arenas.

nWo Souled Out

WCW/nWo SuperBrawl VIII

Since the screenshot was taken, I have widened the stage floor.  I was unaware at the time that you could select the stage part seperately from the "stage design".

WCW Starrcade (1997)

WCW/nWo Road Wild

For an outdoor venue, I only had two choices.  I went with the smaller one with more skyline (WM 9).

WCW Fall Brawl

I'm not very satisfied with this one.  I might re-do it eventually.

WCW Bash at the Beach '96/97

Actually '96 with a mat logo. I downloaded a '98 logo on CC and made changes, since my original mat logo was terrible.  I'm not an artist.  I have to find logos online.  Basically, I liked the aesthetic of Bash at the Beach '96, but I wanted a mat logo.  But I couldn't find a good mat logo for BatB '97, so I download 1998's logo and edited it.  It's an amalgamation, or anachronism stew.

WCW SuperBrawl VII

For the record, I don't like the silver logo at all, but that's what WCW decided to do.  And yeah, the entranceway was off to the side like that in real life.  WCW arenas were very eclectic and eccentric at times.

WCW Clash of the Champions 1997

Another amalgamation, this one uses the stage from Clash XXXIV, and the ring from the final Clash of the Champions ever: XXXV.  This is when I discovered that you could add these stage curtains and use the lighting to color them.  It's really a beautiful visual.

WCW Uncensored

"STING!!  STING IS HERE!  Sting from the top!  ...All hell has broken loose at Uncensored!!  And Hell brought with him a baseball bat!"  Nostalgia tears.  Anyway...
 The header is way too big, but ehh.  The yellow WCW's were a bit of a pain to line up.

WCW Slamboree

I based this on a video with Luna Vachon's entrance, so that's why the lights are red and purple.

WCW World War 3

I have fixed the lighting on the left curtain.  Look at the rocky green announce table.  Just like the real one.

WCW Spring Stampede

Not my best work.  The game doesn't even let you color the fences.  Oh well.  I needed all of WCW 1997 done, so I pushed through it and did what I had to do.

WCW Road Wild

I didn't find out til I uploaded the logo to my game: It was converted from a Road Wild '98 logo.  So in the game, I had to color it blue.  But at that point it was too late to add the top part of the inner blue circle (around the yellow sphere).  Ring mat colors are in this game are weird.  I tried my best to get dark blue, but the darker you go, the more monochrome (less color) it becomes.

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (show only)

^ Uses aprons made by a guy on the 2K forums.  dthegrimm http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3484616-Custom-Ring-Aprons-for-Create-An-Arena

WWF Sunday Night Heat

I hate plain, generic arenas.  In WWE 13, the only difference between Heat and Shotgun would have been the nameplate, and I hate that.  I like an arena to tell you what it is loud and clear, which is why I favor 1997 for WCW PPVs, and 1998 for Monday Nitro.  I got the apron idea from WWF Attitude, where it is an option (Attitude had the first create-an-arena mode).

WWF SmackDown!

Taking cues from the PS1 games, I added a slight blue tinge to the mat and added more of a sky blue tint to the ropes.

WCW Halloween Havoc 1997

I waited a long time to do this because I thought the Hall of Fame Showcase DLC would be released much earlier (one of the matches is from Halloween Havoc '96, which looks very similar).  Notice the authentic nameplate logo!  Unfortunately, the stage floor won't go any blacker than this.  As for the ring not having much Slim Jim... Ehh, I'm not big on plastering sponsors everywhere, unless it's NASCAR.  There's plenty of Slim Jim logos already.  And I could not find any HH '97 footage online that shows the announce table, so I took a very wild guess.  I uploaded the nameplate logo to CC as well.

^ Screenshot taken before patch 1.03, shown here only for the purpose of showing nameplate logo.

WCW Old School (based on The Great American Bash 1990)

I love how beautiful this came out!  But I thought the side curtains should be blue, so I changed one set of lights, resulting in the second screenshot.

NWA 1980s (based on Starrcade 1988 footage of Flair vs. Luger)

I didn't know whether to make a tiny venue, maybe darken the crowd... But I'm fine with this the way it is.  I was shocked to discover that Starrcade '88 had no floor mats.  This was before Bill Watts.

I'm working on the Bischoff era D-Show as well.  WCW Pro.

Edited by WarGreymon77
Deleted all screenshots
  • Like 1

Old School WCW uploaded!  I think it looks great since patch 1.03 fixed the minitron entrance issue.  NWA uploaded too, but only as a show due to upload limit.  Not sure if I said this before, but I replaced Road Wild '98 with Halloween Havoc '97.  I might upload something new when the Hall of Fame showcase DLC comes out.  If that DLC includes Halloween Havoc '96, I might replace '97 with something else.

Amazing arenas, especially old school WCW arena. What are the tags for these please?

Any chance of doing a generic WWF 80's arena please? The ones I've seen on CC are always tied to a show like Superstars or Wrestling Challenge.

Thank you.

This forum really annoys me from a technical standpoint (not the people).  I can't quote on this PS4 browser, but...

Tags are what you'd expect, like The_Great_American_Bash, etc.  The surefire way to find all of my stuff is by searching WarGreymon77, all one word.  You can use WCW or WWF as a second hashtag.  I can't really do requests right now, but whenever the Hall of Fame DLC comes out, we'll see.  I got the nameplate logo by looking up a Halloween Havoc commercial and erasing stuff around it, then using it as the show logo.  I made a big deal about it because a lot of people wouldn't have thought of it.

Well folks, I was satisfied with my Thunder, but I just kept looking at all of that blank, open space.  The "weird metal things" on Thunder's stage are always a challenge, and getting a clear view of them for use in this game is harder than you'd think.  You know where I got these from (the pictures on both sides of the entrance door)?  Raven's entrance from the PS1 game WCW/nWo Thunder, from a YouTube video.  I present to you a work in progress, Thunder version 3!  Screenshot #1 is from last night.  The next are progress from today.  Middle screenshot is from Bret Hart's entrance.

I'm really undecided on the floor lights.  I'm not sure how to proceed with these stage lights.  I could take 'em or leave 'em.  It's hard to make circles on the floor look like real lights.

Edited by WarGreymon77

I would suggest googling 'floor lights' and importing them in as a texture, if you have enough points. That way at least they'll look like lights, albeit turned off, rather than just a polka dot floor.

I nixed the floor lights idea, but regardless... World Championship Wrestling presents THUNDER!!  Better than ever!  Uploaded now!

Awesome job on these! I've downloaded a bunch already. One thing I noticed, which I'm not even sure if it allows you to edit, is on the Sunday Night Heat arena the banners next to the titan tron have the WWE logos on them instead of WWF.

Have you uploaded WCW Old School? I have searched using your PSN and WCW together, but could not see it listed.

Thank you.

Yeah, it's listed as Old School WCW.  Try sorting by most recent, maybe.

Awesome job on these! I've downloaded a bunch already. One thing I noticed, which I'm not even sure if it allows you to edit, is on the Sunday Night Heat arena the banners next to the titan tron have the WWE logos on them instead of WWF.

Unfortunately you can't.  I would change those to "WWF Attitude" if I could.

excellent arenas what are the search tags ???

Well, they're listed by the name in bold, in most cases.  WarGreymon77 is a search tag that can be used to find all of my arenas.  There's also WCW for the appropriate arenas, or WWF for things like SmackDown.  And a reminder to all: If all else fails, find one of my creations and click "content by the creator".

I made a couple of slight changes (no upload).  I've got no intention to upload, because they're not significant enough for me to reset my downloads to zero and put my arena down to the bottom of the pile again.  I want my arenas to be thought of as the very best, and it's hard to get eyes on it when it's at the bottom of most downloaded.  For starters, I had this great idea for the electronic billboard...

It didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but the original image would look perfect on a titantron... if we could put static images on them during matches, and have them play the video during entrances.

The all-yellow flames on the floor mats kinda stick out like a sore thumb, so I decided to spice them up a bit.

Out of curiosity, I decided to take a look at the rare dark blue floor mats favored by video games such as WCW Nitro.  Nitro's look over the years hasn't been very consistent.  (For example, the "sometimes there, sometimes not" red carpet seen on 1996 Nitro entranceways)

Meh.

Edited by WarGreymon77