[AEB: Arena Conversion v0.5] and MORE! (NOTICE: Links Being Removed Soon)

LordJustice17

The entrances seem to be hardcoded and can't be changed in the misc. Each arena has it's own entrance pac.

If you were to use, for example, the ECW arena on another arena you would have to extract the MD37 PACH file out of the entrance pac and then inject it into the pac for the entrance you wanted to change.

I'm going to replace the arena that the ECW arena replaces by default in the mod. It's a lot less hassle that way.

Edit: I think I'm now encountering the problem caused by the DLC. How did you guys get the arenas to work post-DLC?

EditEdit: For clarification:

ECW - The entrance part works, but the ring textures don't work.

MidAtlantic - As far as I can tell nothing works

Starrcade 88 - ring works

The custom pacs can still go in the original pac directory, but post-DLC changes have to be made to the misc01_start_dlc60.pac file in the DLC60/pac folder rather than the old misc. Make sure you edit that one rather than the old one.

Starrcade works because the apron overwrites the existing apron whereas MA doesn't work because it uses a custom pac which needs to be programmed in the new misc file.

Ok, I made the same edits to the misc01_start_dlc60.pac, but now the game stalls at the loading screen when I try to load up the arena.  (WWE logo in the corner spins white, but the progress bar stays black/empty.)

Ok, I made the same edits to the misc01_start_dlc60.pac, but now the game stalls at the loading screen when I try to load up the arena.  (WWE logo in the corner spins white, but the progress bar stays black/empty.)

That sounds like the game can't find one of the assets. I would make sure you copied over all the pac files you need into their appropriate directories, and make sure you didn't accidentally make a mistake in the misc that would make the game look for an asset that doesn't exist.

• Like 1

That sounds like the game can't find one of the assets. I would make sure you copied over all the pac files you need into their appropriate directories, and make sure you didn't accidentally make a mistake in the misc that would make the game look for an asset that doesn't exist.

Do they need to be in both the main pac folder and the DLC60 pac folder?

The custom pacs should be fine just in the main pac folder. The misc01_start_dlc60.pac file should be in the DLC60/pac folder.

The custom pacs should be fine just in the main pac folder. The misc01_start_dlc60.pac file should be in the DLC60/pac folder.

I've got ECW working for the most part but the ECW entrance is a little glitched up at the beginning of entrances, (I think the custom entrance isn't being applied right, although I have it replacing RAW 11 the same as your default.)
I mistakenly put Mid Atlantic over Armageddon 03, which worked.  However when I corrected my mistake and put it over Armageddon 02 the ring textures wouldn't work.  I noticed in that section of the pac code that there are extra "....." at the beginning and end of each set of arena settings. So that might be the issue.  If I tried to remove those extra characters to match your misc.pac all custom ring textures stop working, even with other arenas, (ie. ECW)

How do I uninstall this? I put the original files back, but my RAW stage for current RAW is still 2002 and the names on the arena menu are the mod and not the original.

I've got ECW working for the most part but the ECW entrance is a little glitched up at the beginning of entrances, (I think the custom entrance isn't being applied right, although I have it replacing RAW 11 the same as your default.)
I mistakenly put Mid Atlantic over Armageddon 03, which worked.  However when I corrected my mistake and put it over Armageddon 02 the ring textures wouldn't work.  I noticed in that section of the pac code that there are extra "....." at the beginning and end of each set of arena settings. So that might be the issue.  If I tried to remove those extra characters to match your misc.pac all custom ring textures stop working, even with other arenas, (ie. ECW)

Take a look at the included tutorial. Specifically the part about swapping single digit pacs for double digit pacs. You have to make sure each arena set in the misc ends at the same place in the line as it does in the default.

How do I uninstall this? I put the original files back, but my RAW stage for current RAW is still 2002 and the names on the arena menu are the mod and not the original.

you didn't backup everything if it shows that. The entrance file has nothing to do with the misc. Strictly the 01 pac. You need to make sure the miscs are back to default and the reason it shows the arena menu is because you didn't replace your string pac. If you didn't save every single file for backup, just reinstall the game to save yourself a headache. Reason we stressed in the readme that you must backup every single file. Hopefully you did!

Take a look at the included tutorial. Specifically the part about swapping single digit pacs for double digit pacs. You have to make sure each arena set in the misc ends at the same place in the line as it does in the default.

I looked over the DLC60 misc included with your 0.3 release and it looks like you guys made an error in your readme.txt NWA Mid Atlantic replaced Armageddon 2003, not Armageddon 2002.  Everything works with NWA MA on 03 though.  Did you use a custom entrance pac for Mid Atlantic?

The entrance with ECW is a little glitchy.  Entrances start behind the curtain, (which I can walk through during a match), and they're misaligned so some superstars end up walking on the barricades on their way down the ramp.  Is this just an existing issue with your current ECW?  It doesn't really break the game or anything.

I don't believe MA had any custom entrance yet.

Yeah ECW is still a WIP. The entrances are always going to start behind the curtain and characters will walk through it though due to the size of the arena. The walking on barricades thing is actually an illusion caused by there being an invisible ramp. The next version should have an actual ramp that eliminates that problem.

• Like 1

you can take pictures from the stand? would love to see what you edit so ^^

Still a lot of work to do, but here's where I stand right now:

okscwi.jpg

Trying to come up with something that is fairly easy for you guys to just change a few textures to customize. 

I couldn't get a tron style entrance that I liked (everything either didn't look good or would disappear at certain angles), so I went for a tunnel style. Unfortunately due to invisible barricades there will be a bit of clipping that I can't really fix at the moment.

Also working on creating a decent backstage area.

• Like 2

Looking really nice man. Wood planks may be a tad wide, but otherwise,  I like the direction it's heading. 

Yeah I agree. Still have to tweak the scale of the texture.

The yobj file I'm using also doesn't have a normal texture. So far I haven't found a yobj that would work that has a regular and normal texture without having a full stadium AO texture as well.

Also have to try to move the extraneous mats so they aren't visible.

A fun thing to add to the ECW arena:  If possible find a way to tweak the spawning of weapons being held by the crowd such that they are holding weapons 100% of the time. :p   If we could solve the problem of being able to add things without replacing, we might even insert lots of other weapons.

I've tinkered with adding yobj files for folding tables, but I wasn't able to pick them up or use them in-game. In fact I clipped right through them. They were purely visual.

I would love to add a bunch of useable chairs and folding tables backstage, but I'm not sure how.

Also, what do you mean the crowd holding weapons. I remember that from previous games in the extreme rules matches, but I haven't seen any crowd interaction in this version. I thought they took it out?

Quick update on the floor mods for the ECW/Indy arena:

2005j6d.jpg

Still need to see if I can scale it up a bit to increase the texture quality of the floor, but I think I've figured out the proper ratio. Also created a template to add shadows in the crowd area. Took some trial and error but I'm finally satisfied with the placement and darkness of the shadows. Once I've got it figured out I'll release the template so others can do similar floor textures for other Indy arenas.

• Like 1

As paul heyman would say "This Is ECW" anyway looks sick lord i like the enterance reminds me of the enterance WWE used on their version of ECW.

Edited by Gammah88

that's so fantastic. just crazy. Now you just need a little light ^^ spotlight on Entrance. and perhaps above the ring. Shadows on the crowd area. and we have an end horny Indy Arena! :'(:rolleyes:

perhaps a small monitor on the Entrance. quite small for Titan throne

Edited by xWrestling