Tekken57's PC mods - Beware of the dog

tekken57

Thanks guys. .raieE.'s textures really helped to get the face looking like Goldberg.

Also for future modders, the AO Alpha and normals all work together to get the face looking good.

Your goldberg is doing the rounds on twitter, apparently he's in wwe 2k16 :p

Lol, do you have a link?

Here's WWE attire 2:

goldberg_wwe2.jpg

Goldberg looks much better now,can't wait to dig into those attires.I'm not a big fan of that body thought,definitely needs a fix.It looks like Goldberg is having tits.

Lol too funny.

Goldberg looks much better now,can't wait to dig into those attires.I'm not a big fan of that body thought,definitely needs a fix.It looks like Goldberg is having tits.

The body morph is matched exactly to his 2k14 model using Topogun. If you can create a better body morph, then do so and provide the model.

Lol too funny.

The body morph is matched exactly to his 2k14 model using Topogun. If you can create a better body morph, then do so and provide the model.

The morph looks great in my eyes, but I think what's throwing it off is the chest texture. Or his extremely shapely nipples. Maybe a lil' more defined chest hair like in here, something like that idk:

(http://www.wrestlestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/William-Scott-Bill-Goldberg.jpgbillgoldberg.jpg)

Ugh, I'm actually itching to get my hands on this mod. It's fantastic and as a huge Goldberg fan, this is just great. I'm pleased you added the WWE attires as well. Will make for much better realism when I use him for current day stuff.

Lol too funny.

The morph looks great in my eyes, but I think what's throwing it off is the chest texture. Or his extremely shapely nipples. Maybe a lil' more defined chest hair like in here, something like that idk:

(http://www.wrestlestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/William-Scott-Bill-Goldberg.jpghttp://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/billgoldberg.jpg)

"The body morph is matched exactly to his 2k14 model using Topogun. If you can create a better body morph, then do so and provide the model."

Tekken, before anyone said ANYTHING about goldbergs chest, at first glance I thought "his chest looks like tits" It's something to do with the nipples, and the glare that's on them. But that's just a "first glance" thing. They clearly aren't tits lol. 

That being said, he still looks amazing.

You could leave his chest as is, and this will still be the best looking goldberg in any videogame ever.

Just providing some feedback man, not trying to make your work seem any less impressive. 

I'd personally take him as is. Because nothing else comes close. 

Edited by JDB

That's basically my view of it all to. There is something that looks a bit off about the chest, but it wasn't anything that would bother me significantly. And it definitely wasn't enough to overshadow the awesomeness of the entirety of the mod.

Lol too funny.

(http://www.wrestlestars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/William-Scott-Bill-Goldberg.jpghttp://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/billgoldberg.jpg)

"The body morph is matched exactly to his 2k14 model using Topogun. If you can create a better body morph, then do so and provide the model."

Tekken, before anyone said ANYTHING about goldbergs chest, at first glance I thought "his chest looks like tits" It's something to do with the nipples, and the glare that's on them. But that's just a "first glance" thing. They clearly aren't tits lol. 

That being said, he still looks amazing.

You could leave his chest as is, and this will still be the best looking goldberg in any videogame ever.

Just providing some feedback man, not trying to make your work seem any less impressive. 

I'd personally take him as is. Because nothing else comes close. 

Yeah thats exactly what i meant.You just need to edit the textures and align the nips correctly.Its not the problem of the body morph.

I'll take a look at the texture again, didn't notice the issue with the chest area texture until you guys mentioned it. It probably has something to do with the normals/ alpha's not lining up with the diffuse map.

Also have some rigging issues to resolve as I've significant modelling changes to the body. There's also one vert that's off in the shoulder area which pops up rarely in specific angles. It's driving me nuts because I can find the vert in 3dsmax.

Bannockburn discovered a huge hack which I've been looking into since Friday. He was able to inject a full wrestler yobj from older games into the hair slot and the game loads the yobj. This means that an entire wrestler from older games can be used however there are some issues:

1. The older models use different shaders which don't render in game, the skin shader does not work so the only was I able to get the objects to display was to change the shader to a gear shader.

2. Changing the shader to gear creates shadows in the head which look different to the rest of the body. The shader parameter g_fSpecPow also needs to be edited as detailed by bannockburn. I'll try to code a function in the next release of X-Rey to fix the params, it's very complicated to do manually.

3. There are no animations in the head of the older models. This is because the animations in older games was in  separate file which was in yanm format. This file is not supported in the new game. The animation issues can not be resolved as the new models have animations embedded in the yobj file.

4. The older models are lower poly and don't use AO maps, hence the newer models look better. In this regard I actually prefer my Goldberg head which I manually sculpted and will not be importing the old Goldberg head.

Suffice to say, this is a very complicated hack to do and you need to be familiar with all the modelling tutorials I have written before. For those who want to attempt this, this is the basic procedure:

1. Open your 2k14 model in a hex editor and change the shaders from skin to gear. Read my shaders tutorial in the 2k14 modding section for more information. 

2. Create a new 000A texture archive and include all your textures from your new model. Also include the color and normal textures from the 2k14 model in the 000A archive.

3. Fix the shader params (optional but will make the model look better).

4. I prefer to only use the head from older models, so reorder the headers in the yobj file and reduce the number of objects in the yobj file to only render the head parts. This is also optional and if you don't know how to do this, you can hide the unused parts inside the model.

5. Now that your 2k14 yobj file is ready, inject it into the hair slot of your model or the eyebrows slot. The hair slot is the 2715 slot and the eyebrows is 4e22. 

6. Inject your new 000A file.

Obviously you need to position your 2k14 model parts in 3dsmax, etc but I won't get into that.

As a proof of concept, I decided to redo my Scott Steiner mod from scratch using the head from 2k14 and a body from the pc version. I'm quite happy with the results. I did a lot of work on the textures and also had to sculpt parts of the head to fit the model. I manually sculpted the chin area to simulate a beard as well.

I need some help drawing the attire textures as the textures are very low res, if you can assist let me know in this thread. Here's what Steiner looks like:

stiener_update.jpg

Edited by tekken57
  • Like 1