Breakthrough! - Adding CAW items to ingame models

UndertakerWLF

When i use a object from ed** folders , i know i have to change the reference but how do i get the actual normal map ? Do i simply copy the reference and paste it on another map in hex ?

Try it and find out :), this is what the thread is for. Because there is so much ground to cover myself and Tekken thought it would be best to start a topic so we can get you guys involved to help.

While I haven't had a chance to try it myself--so I can't say for sure--my guess is that it'd be like remapping the hair. Since you need to reference it to a texture already in there, that'd be the color--which, in turn, links to the normal. So, wherever you place the texture for the object you're adding on the color, just do so in the same spot on the normal/alpha. At least that's what I've done in my past efforts of adding additional YOBJs. I don't know if that holds true with this method, but I'd imagine it would.

@ OTE it would work like this if i had the normal but in this case i dont but to tell you the truth i didnt look if they are in the folders.

I will look when i get back home

@ OTE it would work like this if i had the normal but in this case i dont but to tell you the truth i didnt look if they are in the folders.

I will look when i get back home

Oh, you meant what would you do for the actual normal texture itself. I hear you now. I misunderstood what you meant before.

so why aren't you guys working at Yukes again?

Because Smacktalks is where the big boys play :p

are you going to be able to do all of this cool stuff on PS4/X Box One? I'm extremely clueless to how this all works so I have no idea.

Depends on several things really.

• If the PS4/XBOX One can be hacked
  • If the file structure of the WWE games is the same as the PS3/XBOX 360 variants
  • If ISO's can be ran from a HDD

Depends on several things really.

• If the PS4/XBOX One can be hacked
  • If the file structure of the WWE games is the same as the PS3/XBOX 360 variants
  • If ISO's can be ran from a HDD

so if these things are for sure, or at least you find another solution, I wonder if you'll be able to mod people in the game with the awesome detail the models will have.

I try for over 2 hours injecting a shirt from the ed*.pac files on the Rock as a test but i always get a crash.

I dont know exactly what i have to change so i got my reference from Hollywood's shirt.

What did you guys change in the reference ? Do you see something wrong in my files ?

Before 

regular_zps27b582a7.png

After

edited_zpsf85c7bf1.png

forget the pic i see the mistake but i tried alot of different things , if you guys could point out what exactly needs to be change in the reference it would be great

Edited by bugsyboy

Ok thanks Tekken but i notice that some of the files have already some of the reference (like mask) you mention but further down , what do i do in this case ?

Also hogan shirt have a reference name tshirt do i apply this reference if i am trying to inject a shirt ?

Edited by bugsyboy

I know you guys successfully inject hats and mask to 2700 but were you ever successful at injecting shirts and other objects ?

I have tried numerous reference to a bunch of different pach but nothing work for me.

I'm trying to find a way to import a wrestler head over another but I didn't find anything yet, because of the number of vertices. Do you know Tekken if there is a way to import a new head as a proper YOBJ file (and hide the old head in the 0000 YOBJ file) ?

Yes it can't be done if you use a superstar head from caw mode.

I added a head from a normal wrestler into another and hid the unused objects but the game doesn't load it in ring as the file is too big.

Look at the pic of shamrock I posted.

Shirts also come with pieces of body like the neck and arms , i made them small and hide them under the mesh then inject with xrey but i get a error message every time even thought xrey seem to inject properly. I really want to help with this discovery but i am really stuck here.

I dont think the caws head objects work the same as the others. I would love to see if you guys can inject some other body parts like pants , shirts and jackets.

I have the mod with the normal and uwv already done if you guys could take a look and at least see if its possible to inject the shirt .