*Tutorial* Fixing the Titantrons WWE12-13 Arenas-CDLC working now too

Red Rooster

Credit to Teken57 & Brienj for the tools that made this possible

Credit to El Buvor for pointing me in the right direction

I have posted fixed versions of the files for WCW Nitro, Starrcade and Clash of the Champions in my mod thread.

You will need :

Xpacker 9

Xrey

Hex Editor

3D Studio Max w/ Brienj's Plugin

Titantron template http://www.mediafire.com/view/b6ttatxbjbes7mw/bambam_final000.bmp

Red Roosters Modded Uber 0328.yobj http://www.mediafire.com/download/fad191pszm994o9/0328.yobj (Makes trons for CDLC work)

1) Open your arena bg.pac file in Xpacker9

2) Extract the pach file

3) Open the pach file in Xpacker and uncompress 0323

4) Rename 0323.pac to 0323.yobj

5) Open 3D Studio Max and import 0323.yobj

28medqv.png

6) In the Modifiers menu choose UV Co-Ordinates then Unwrap UVW

7) Maximize the Edit UVWs window and scroll out so you can see the whole thing

axduh2.png

8) Click the drop box box that says Checker Pattern and choose Pick Texture

9) Choose Bitmap and then browse to where you saved the Titantron Template and select it

e84f9u.png

10) Draw a box around the bottom 2 corners of the green box (as shown above) this will select the points at the bottom of the green box. (Make sure all 8 points are selected)

2hnb75u.png

11) Drag the selected points up until the bottom green line is flush with the bottom of the Titantron

12) Close the Edit UVWs window

13) In the main menu of 3D Studio Max choose Export > Export Selected

14) Give it a name and save it as gw::OBJExporter (using the same settings as Tekkens tutorial)

15) Open X-Rey and select File> Open> Yobj new format

wssndy.png

16) Select 0323.yobj and Open

17) Click Import button and browse to your exported .obj file (X-Rey will display an error - ignore it, I think its because of the preview)

18) Open Xpacker and open pach file. Inject 0323.yobj into 0324.

19) Inject Red Roosters Modded Uber 0328.yobj into 0328.

20) Open arena bg.pac and inject your pach file into it (Take note of the size as it will have increased)

11w3ip0.png

21) Open your plist.arc with a hex editor and change the size for your arena.

2ld99gw.jpg

0320 contains the titantron during a match so dont mess with it because it already seems to be fine for the arenas Ive tried. 

Edited by Red Rooster

This is fantastic, thank you. The only question I have, Is how difficult would it be to get an Oval shaped screen? I'm thinking 99 SmackDown Arena...

Im assuming the same principal applies just Wrap the UVW so the arena banner doesnt show and it should be fine.

Swap the 0323 and 0324 files first and see what comes out

Thanks for the tutorial Red, but to make thinkgs easier you can switch off the tiling in Max so you only have 1 Bam Bam Bigelow easier. It would make it easier to warp then :)

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping the topic but im having trouble injecting the pach files back into the pac file. Im using bg28 from wwe 13. I follow the tutorial no problem but when I get the the step when I have to inject the edited pach file back into the bg.pac file xpacker does nothing when I click inject. I keep clicking and clicking and nothing happens. I have no clue what to do.

Sorry for bumping the topic but im having trouble injecting the pach files back into the pac file. Im using bg28 from wwe 13. I follow the tutorial no problem but when I get the the step when I have to inject the edited pach file back into the bg.pac file xpacker does nothing when I click inject. I keep clicking and clicking and nothing happens. I have no clue what to do.

take a decompressed 2K14 bg pac file, and use that as a container. inject your pach into it, then just change the numbers. (bg28, 0028) hit ctrl+r to open it as a pac containing directories. 

Thanks titan that was a quicker method. I was using a hex editor to inject the pach. I cant seem to get the raw is raw trons playing correctly. There like a blurred out and look very weird. And that's without using the modded 3028 yobj. When I inject that yobj it crashes my game. Is there a way to fix the raw trons so they play right?

• 3 years later...

@Red Rooster please tell me if this is possible.

I know that on WL game you guys have done WCW Starrcade arena which is from WWE '12. You fixed that tron.

So since the tron position and how it looks seems identical to WWE '12's WCW Nitro and Clash of the Champions arenas is it possible to avoid doing the hard work and simply unpack WCW Starrcade arena, take some files (which ones?) and inject them to Nitro / CotC arenas and instantly fix their trons?

On 4/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, Impaler said:

@Red Rooster please tell me if this is possible.

I know that on WL game you guys have done WCW Starrcade arena which is from WWE '12. You fixed that tron.

So since the tron position and how it looks seems identical to WWE '12's WCW Nitro and Clash of the Champions arenas is it possible to avoid doing the hard work and simply unpack WCW Starrcade arena, take some files (which ones?) and inject them to Nitro / CotC arenas and instantly fix their trons?

I was going to say something cunty but its probably best not to so....