WWE 2K15 Roster Reveal Livestream & Discussion

Smacktalks

do you even hear yourself last year y2j had 1 of his tattoo's this year he will have them all, there's nothing copyright about it, they're just tattoo's everybody has them.

normal_Flaco_ChrisJericho_72dpi_8x10~0.j

8227027966_86f52ff019_z.jpg

2690258_f260.jpg

Fozzy-Sin-And-Bones.jpg

iron_maiden_powerslave_by_kronicx-d4btji

oh but hey, what do I know about copyright laws? Can't wait to see Punk's Pepsi and Cobra tattoos too in the game.

Oh wait.

he  gave them the rights to fozzy logo and lady  justice isn't copyrighted

It seems like they haven't released the full roster as they are not sure how much of the roster can be completed in time for release. The is a month and a half away and not actually having screenshots of most of the ps4 models this late into the development is strange.

I agree. I've said it before, but it feels like they're taking a gamble with this game. They're not promoting it very well either which is odd, so it feels like you don't really know what you're exited about. This might hurt initial sales. It also feels as though they originally had a lot more planned for the game, but inevitably ran out of time. 

It feels like when they were first trying to port the game to the ps3. Very little news, then delays, then an eventual cancellation of the ps3 version. The following year, the ps3 guys get an inferior version of the game compared to the 360. This actually go me to buy a 360 and switch from ps3.

It seems like the same is happening this year with the move to the ps4 and xbox one. New technology, too less time, too many platforms to develop for.

I was honestly more excited with the announcement for 2k14. Best roster in a number of years and Wrestlemania mode.

I can see 2k pushing it back or atleast they would if they didn't have a yearly contract. This was a big step from the last game's engine and it's on new consoles to boot. I can understand not seeing models yet, but the closer we get, the more I get concerned. I thought it was a cool mystery hype, but after all this work in progress and no entrance with models and no proper gameplay/trailer, it feels scary to know this game comes out in about a month and a half. It's crazy.

I'm starting to wonder if the game should have been pushed back.  Between revamping the gameplay, upgrading the visuals for the new consoles, and putting together a version for the old consoles, it seems like 2K may have bitten off more than they could chew, although they probably didn't have a choice with the annual contract in place.

I can see 2k pushing it back or atleast they would if they didn't have a yearly contract. This was a big step from the last game's engine and it's on new consoles to boot. I can understand not seeing models yet, but the closer we get, the more I get concerned. I thought it was a cool mystery hype, but after all this work in progress and no entrance with models and no proper gameplay/trailer, it feels scary to know this game comes out in about a month and a half. It's crazy.

I'm starting to wonder if the game should have been pushed back.  Between revamping the gameplay, upgrading the visuals for the new consoles, and putting together a version for the old consoles, it seems like 2K may have bitten off more than they could chew, although they probably didn't have a choice with the annual contract in place.

nope, it's not that at all, this is just how they do their pr crap.  They hardly show or talk about anything, then cram everything in near the end of september and the 1st 2 weeks of october.  This is the same thing they do to nba2k.  Though they've never blatantly lied to the community like they did about that roster reveal though

It seems like they haven't released the full roster as they are not sure how much of the roster can be completed in time for release. The is a month and a half away and not actually having screenshots of most of the ps4 models this late into the development is strange.

I agree. I've said it before, but it feels like they're taking a gamble with this game. They're not promoting it very well either which is odd, so it feels like you don't really know what you're exited about. This might hurt initial sales. It also feels as though they originally had a lot more planned for the game, but inevitably ran out of time. 

It feels like when they were first trying to port the game to the ps3. Very little news, then delays, then an eventual cancellation of the ps3 version. The following year, the ps3 guys get an inferior version of the game compared to the 360. This actually go me to buy a 360 and switch from ps3.

It seems like the same is happening this year with the move to the ps4 and xbox one. New technology, too less time, too many platforms to develop for.

I was honestly more excited with the announcement for 2k14. Best roster in a number of years and Wrestlemania mode.

i thought they just never released svr07 on ps3.  i remember 08 on ps3 but that game sucked on both systems lol

I honestly thought cm punk had his pepsi and cobra tattoo. my bad dude I must of been wrong soz pal and yeah maybe your right about Y2J and his tattoo's then. 

I honestly thought cm punk had his pepsi and cobra tattoo. my bad dude I must of been wrong soz pal and yeah maybe your right about Y2J and his tattoo's then. 

yeah it was a made up pepsi tattoo just to put something there lol

yeah it was a made up pepsi tattoo just to put something there lol

This why I mod cuz of copyright crap can't even put the real tats on him even brocks shorts..

The funny thing is, I believe THQ was on to a good thing with '13 and 2K14. In WWE '12 they took a gamble and tried a few new things. They improved on them in '13 and 2K14 was/is a decent game. 

It took THQ 10 years to get it right, and when they finally did, they folded. I just think 2k are stupid not to improve on 2K14 and enhance something that really has a lot of potential. 

Let's just hope a lot of the game format remains similar for last gen

Edited by Titan83

Y2J had his tattoo's on his 2K14 render

WWE2K14_chris_jericho_current_CL.jpg

Also renders don't always show how they'll look in-game! Cesaro's render has him in white trunks but via the in-game gamescom footage he's got black trunks.

Edited by Zarky

The funny thing is, I believe THQ was on to a good thing with '13 and 2K14. In WWE '12 they took a gamble and tried a few new things. They improved on them in '13 and 2K14 was/is a decent game. 

It took THQ 10 years to get it right, and when they finally did, they folded. I just think 2k are stupid not to improve on 2K14 and enhance something that really has a lot of potential. 

Let's just hope a lot of the game format remains similar for last gen

yeah same here.  Only issue i had in 13 was the pin kickout issue and on 14 was the freeze issues in universe and well of course the caa issues.  all in all up till i started seeing next gen footage/images i was playing 2k14 all along and enjoying it lol.

Bit off topic but seeing as everyone else is giving there opinions, in my opinion the best game to date is SvR11, hands down.

Bit off topic but seeing as everyone else is giving there opinions, in my opinion the best game to date is SvR11, hands down.

I can see why you'd think that. It was a pretty fun game to be honest.

WWE'12 was cool, the gameplay was a step in the right direction and the universe was epic. I played through a whole universe year as Sheamus and I got in so many cool feuds.

only thing i didn't like in 11 was you couldn't make title matches or vacate or separate titles (the unified belts) other than that, universe physics, multiman matches, everything except maybe online worked really well.  And i miss that ticker thing that used to show up at the bottom

No, I think he was just an unlockable character.

I don't think he was. He was just some random cameo in the story.
He was removed at last second as a playable.

I enjoyed SVR2011 from a modding perspective it was awesome, probably one of the most versatile for modding,

yeah i guess i can say i came late to the modding/save editor scene,  I didn't even know that brienj had done an editor till after i got WWE 12 lol

Why?

Why?

i think he had bad heat with wwe and/or vince

Why?

He left the company on bad circumstances.

They never released 07 on the ps3. 2008 on ps3 was vastly inferior. 32 layer caw mode, no custom themes, etc

i thought they just never released svr07 on ps3.  i remember 08 on ps3 but that game sucked on both systems lol