Groundbreaking discovery - Tutorial posted

tekken57

Tutorial posted

Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to write that up and put that together for everyone, man. Really looking forward to finding some time to try this out.

Reading through it for the first, of what I'm sure will be many, times I noticed that step 15 references to repeat what's done in step 9. Only problem is there is no step 9.

Thanks for pointing that out, typed the tutorial as I'm programming at work.

Fixed the numbering and the picture.

Question? So does this mean that if we sculpted our heads, bodies, etc. via zbrush or programs like that we could morph it to the low poly model as long as the head is of similar shape?

Why isnt it possible to do this with body or hair ?

If i copy let say a 2kmodel face on another 2k model do i skip the model size

Edited by bugsyboy

@brave, yes. As long as the program you are using can export to obj format, you use topogun to transform the mesh.

@bugsy, you can use this process on any part of the model, body, hair etc. The process is the same.

In case you guys were wondering how the Hardy mod in the tutorial turned out:

Looks good in 3dsmax

34ifxg6.jpg

But as usual not so good in game:

10cntw9.jpg

Actually it's pretty accurate, the problem I see is the face just ends up narrow. Can you just stretch the 2008 faces out before you use topogun to see if the end result is a little more even looking?

@brave, yes you can. I mentioned in the tut that the Hardy head needs to be size, scaled and rotated before you export to topogun. Sometimes the faces come out narrower sometimes wider like with Benoit. I looks fine in max but wierd in game. Anyways you can scaled the face after topogun in 3dsmax if needed.

@bugsy, to answer your other question, you don't need to scale the head of current models when exporting, only older models. TNA models also don't need to be scaled as theyas the same size as the wwe models.

the face looks about right. Topogun doesn't do the mouth, ears and eye area 100% well. You need to tweak it in 3dsmax after editing. Also you should align the base of the nose of head which you want to use as a template to the base of your model's nose. this should be done before you export your template model to topogun.

For the body all the parts should fit together properly, there shouldn't be any overlap like you have. Are you sure you ran all the body objects through topogun and didn't miss anything?

Edited by tekken57

I dont think i forgot anything but i didnt even know how to move the models in Topogun so i probably didnt place it properly.

I also try to inject the same model twice but it didn't change much.

I am confident we will eventually be abel to perfectly duplicate older models.

I will look into wrapit later tonight.

When i import the old model im i shaping it on the the new model before i export again or its the other way around because i am getting some pretty mess up model everytime i try

Ok i got it .

Like you said , it really have to look like the new model to work.

Wrapit also look really good.

I may buy it and give it a shot on my next day off.

Thanks again for everything

Edited by bugsyboy

Just started reading this thread & I may be a little late to the party, but all of these new discoveries are amazing. Thanks for all of the hard work you guys are putting into this.

So the TNA can be used too now to a point or coming close to be?

All of this has made me as excited as I was when I first started modding & discovered Tekken's Goldberg mod for SvR 2010 back years ago

Yes you can use TNA models as well. Used Sting's TNA model for my mod and it looks pretty good.

Have to try to find the disc again as I only extracted a few models years ago.

@bugsy, the trick is to position your old models head properly over the new head in 3dsmax. The mouth, nose and eyes should align closely, doesn't have to be perfect. Then export your old head from 3dsmax to be used as a base in Topogun.

If you look at my Angle mod, you'll see how powerful Topogun is as I used it to do the entire face and body for me.

Also I figured out that the older models should be scaled to 9.5 instead of 10 when exporting.

I can't figure out how Wrapit works, tried on Friday but I can get it to automatically shape the models for me.

Edited by tekken57

Would this mean you'd be able to change the morphing of HBK's boots on his WrestleMania 12 model into his WrestleMania X boots?  Could you change the nWo Giant's biker shorts into the morphing of his short tights from the Paul White model from WWE '13?  I'm trying to use examples to figure out the possibilities here.  How about Create-a-Superstar parts?  Can they be used?  That's what's up you came across this.

I created Angle's short sneakers from a long boot using topogun, so yes anything is possible. the format of caw is different from the wrestler yobj's. I haven't tried these in X-rey but I don't think it will work.

Edited by tekken57

Would this mean you'd be able to change the morphing of HBK's boots on his WrestleMania 12 model into his WrestleMania X boots?  Could you change the nWo Giant's biker shorts into the morphing of his short tights from the Paul White model from WWE '13?  I'm trying to use examples to figure out the possibilities here.  How about Create-a-Superstar parts?  Can they be used?  That's what's up you came across this.

You can change the Giant shorts very easy with only xrey

• Like 1

You can change the Giant shorts very easy with only xrey

Nice.  Yo I'm making you a Zeus tron w/ footage from No Holds Barred.