[PS3] how to add custom dlc

kim666

Yeah it was actually the save! The hex should be A15B - I think the save I was using had issues, used one form the net and worked.

Have tried the in-game editor, didn't work.:/

Got the entrance working:

Searched FF019101 and changed it like the Bigelow one :) i.e. changed FF to 64 and the 90 to 57:) just need to find the Tron now - any idea how I'd find the hex value? Bigelow's was 01EF right?

Sorry, my own idiocy got in the way there, it's obviously 14A, the conversion for 330 :)

Edited by LordBarker

you can simply calculate it :)

here http://calc.50x.eu/

if you type 495 into the dec part, hex will change to 1EF. you need to fill it with a zero and you have 01EF (bam bams tron). If ax tron is 330.bik it would be 014A in hex.

Yeah  I realised that immediately after I typed it d'oh :)

Got it all working, just need to edit the strings pac! 

Thanks for all the help, you've been a star. I assume for slots - 403, 404 I can just  search further down the ram file and it will follow in order?

I'd like to figure out how to unlock Perfect too - I know I'd need to change playable to yes in xpacker and take note of the changes since the .pac already exists.

Yeah scroll down the ram for the other slots.

Yes, perfect is easy, simply search for his hex string name in ram.

If you want to change the tron from a team, then ccapi debugger can also search for text strings (simply change type "4 Bytes" to "Text) Simply search for you team for example "DEMOLITION" and scroll a little bit up in ram and you find the team entrance values.

Then change only the tron with the ingame team editor and save, refresh the ram in ccapi and you see the value you need to change for the tron.

This is only a part from Demolition. Look at the left side at debugging, there is an option to "jump". You need to "jump up" by pressing "-". Extract a team entrance with X-Packer and look at it with a hexeditor too see what i mean.

Found it, thanks again for all the help mate :) really appreciate it! Just need renders now, but I'll do those at some other point!

Again cheers man, thanks for your time helping me out.

• Like 1

You're welcome!

I added a little Triple Thread Match Mod on the first page. You can find it under "usefull Offsets". It changes these stupid Triple Thread Match into a funny 3 man mini battle royal. :>

Just a note for anyone RT modding, seems to be an issue with Slot 403. 400,401 and 402 work fine. Using 403 will work, but makes any and all DLC content uneditable i.e. entrances, movesets can't be edited. 

As requested Kim. Here's a cap of the values to unlock Perfect (193). Hopefully this is what you wanted. I just took my second monitor off for a bit, so couldn't get the values directly from the PS3, but these are what I used to unlock him. If using Tekken's DLC the render appears automatically. He has an entrance already, and I gave him Curt Henig's moveset. 

http://imgur.com/FUa5sQV

Yeah, i want the offset in ram, but no problem. It is easy to find :)

And you need to change "01 86 9F 00" to "01 86 9F 01" :)

• 4 months later...

All my ps3 CDLC characters have renders - you just repoint the superstar renders in the arc using a hex editor :) It means you need to sacrifice a current superstar render though.

I wonder if I added the menuHD_dlc2 (original from CDLC 1) info to my arc file with edited entries for my DLC, added the ref to my def file, updated the arc to point to the new renders, could I possible have renders for my added DLC? It's an idea I have but haven't implemented yet.

Edit: I'm wondering if I can just use the original menuHD file, rename it, and simply paste the same entries into my ARC file (making edits to match the added DLC).

Edited by andjosh05

This should work, but i never tried it. But i would use the menuHD_dlc2 from the last CDLC.

All the renders are already in the file, you only need to rename the slots, if you for example add Bam Bam Bigelow to slot 400 (in CDLC he is 495) you have to rename the slot in menuHD_dlc2 and .arc file (from 495 to 400).

Edited by kim666

• 6 months later...

Hey Kim, I finally have a little time to dig into this tonight after a long week at work.  

So in my 'height list' thread you mentioned that ccapi is no longer necessary since the PS3 save game file was discovered in December.  No problem.  I have Rebug with Cobra and I found my SAVE.DAT file and copied it to the computer.

But now, I'm assuming I just follow along with Tekken's guide at : http://sf4mods.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-apply-community-dlc-pack-5.html  Right?

If so, I'm sort of stuck working on translating from the 360 instructions to PS3.  

My DLC folder has these subfolders:

catalog003

catalog004

catalog005

movies

pac

Tekken's guide refers to deleting dlc2, which I do not have.  Am I missing a dlc folder?  Better yet, is there by chance a guide somewhere specifically for PS3 CDLC using the SAVE.DAT file?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Just found the AJ Lee glitch thread.  Going to see what I can do with that. Sorry to clutter this thread with noob questions.  I should've modded my xbox360 instead of my PS3, damn it.  lol

Edited by Def Dave

• 2 months later...

This should work, but i never tried it. But i would use the menuHD_dlc2 from the last CDLC.

All the renders are already in the file, you only need to rename the slots, if you for example add Bam Bam Bigelow to slot 400 (in CDLC he is 495) you have to rename the slot in menuHD_dlc2 and .arc file (from 495 to 400).

Pls If I may ask a question regarding this file, menuHD_dlc2. What edits are required to make the PS3 look for it? Add to the plistPS3.def and I guess a .arc file?

Though I am able to run the game without arcs as per KIM666 tutorial.

Cheers,

Edited by Legion of Doom..

For some reason the ps3 version of 2k14 never loads the menuHD_dlc2, but the ps3 version of 2k15 loads this file. idk why, but you can replace and rename the renders in the menuHD file.

• 4 years later...
On 6/20/2015 at 2:44 PM, kim666 said:

For some reason the ps3 version of 2k14 never loads the menuHD_dlc2, but the ps3 version of 2k15 loads this file. idk why, but you can replace and rename the renders in the menuHD file.

Since I have enough space in the arc file I'd like to know if anything changed to this day that might allow PS3 version to have renders for mods that are used via AJ Glitch?