[PS3] how to add custom dlc

kim666

I'll upload it - if  I can!

Essentially, since I'm on cfw 4.55 rogero (CEX), you need CCAPI 2.5. For some reason the 2.2 debugger needs the .DLL file from the install directory of CCAPI 2.5 API Control Console on the PC - it just needs the .DLL file from there put into the root directory debugger, if that makes sense! Then it connects with no issue. For some reason the .DLL file in the 2.2 debugger doesn't like the CCAPI 2.5 on the PS3, until you change out the .DLL. 

As I say, when I'm home I'll try and upload it somewhere, in case anyone needs it!

Added Bam Bam with your guide awesome! Thanks so much! :) :)

A couple of questions:

1.) Where do  I put his tron and do I need to rename it?

2.) How do I get his render in-game/on the selection screen?

Many thanks

Really want to add Ax, Smash, LOD now as well - but unsure how to make the neccesary RAM changes without a guide!

fine :D

you rename it from .bik2 to .bik and put the tron into the GAME (there is a tron folder) folder. I did not rename it to 400 because there was already a 400.bik file.

I will update the first post with some offsets.

Thanks so much! Great to see him in-game. I thought Tekken did multiple attires for Bam Bam? I'm obviously wrong though as there is just one. I guess it makes no difference can add more to the .pac if more emerge.

Haha I didn't mean it like that! I just thought I remembered more on a preview is all! It's a fantastic model regardless :)

Thanks so much! Great to see him in-game. I thought Tekken did multiple attires for Bam Bam? I'm obviously wrong though as there is just one. I guess it makes no difference can add more to the .pac if more emerge.

I did a grey attire as well. Never had the time to release it.

Thought so!

Got Bam Bam's entrance working, but the tron just crashes the game. Have renamed it 495.bik and put it into the tron folder on GAME, still no luck.

Sorry yes I meant 401!

Ah that makes sense thank you :)

In that case can I change the values in your picture for slot 401 to the ones in my picture - the ones from the hex editor? Or will that not work as I can't see any similarities between the hex number, or does this not matter?

Did you inject pofo slot 330 into slot 401 with x-packer? 014A is slot 330.

Hope you have a backup from your 360 save^^ extract the pofo slot 400 from your backup save and then,

inject pofo slot 330 into 330 in your 360 save, open it by doubleclick, write down the values, most important is name and height. Then open pofo slot 401 and change the values there to match pofo slot 330. Important is, playable, name, weight and heigh. You can change the rest ingame.

then compare both file and ram and change what differs via ccapi

Edited by kim666

Yup I injected Ax's file into slot 441.

Yeah I have a retail 360 so another save is no prob.

pofo slot 400 from your backup save

Wouldn't I just need pofo slot 401?

I think I missed a step :)

Now can't get the damn strings to work - they inject fine, have tried 5000 and 5004, names are changed and injected okay but won't show up. If I change the language to German it works fine so obviously need to find the correct 5000 file for English - oh what fun!

Edited by LordBarker

yeah i mean 401 :)

It was a fun for me too, but had success with my 4th try^^, 5004 for german.

Edited by kim666

Thanks will try with 401 and AX :)

Aha found it! - I did three injects, so it's either 5001, 02 or 03 for UK haha

That all seems quite straightforward - if I'm going to add Ax in the same pack as Bigelow (which I used Community DLC 1) do I need his 'DLC Pack' set to '1'?

Also do I need to remove the name, nick name etc? And change the 'Wrestler ID' from 330 to 400?

Thanks! :)

Yes dlc pack 1

you can't change the 'Wrestler ID' in X-Packer.

look what i wrote above:

extract the pofo slot 401 from your backup save and then,

inject pofo slot 330 into 330 in your 360 save, open it by doubleclick, write down the values, most important is name and height. Then open pofo slot 401 and change the values there to match pofo slot 330. Important is, playable, name, weight and heigh. You can change the rest ingame.

then compare both file and ram and change what differs via ccapi

Edited by kim666

Thanks for all the help - doesn't seem to work though.

I updated arcs and defs etc. and my catalog dlc.

I triple checked my hex changes were right, tried 3 times. Game loads fine but Ax doesn't show. I'm obviously doing something wrong!

mmh you unlocked him in the catalog.dlc file?

Yesterday i forgot to mention the menusortnumber in the pofo file. It is by default zero, but you need to change it to 1401 (1000 + ID).

Edited by kim666

Got it working! :D Woop!

I guess my next question is obvious - how do I unlock his entrance, his tron and find his name in the strings? (I suspect the last is simply 401 hex value)

Actually do I search for 'FF019101' for the entrance?

Edited by LordBarker

Got it working! :D Woop!

I guess my next question is obvious - how do I unlock his entrance, his tron and find his name in the strings? (I suspect the last is simply 401 hex value)

Actually do I search for 'FF019101' for the entrance?

Did the menusortnumber make it work?

For the name you need to search for the name hex string, on your pic you have A1 5B

The entrance is funny, i extracted the 401 move slot and it contains only zeros. Try first if the ingame entrance editor work.