[PS3] how to add custom dlc

kim666

I had the move glitch only on pofo slot 108. I added Vader to this slot, his suit was complete black (his skin was normal) and i was not able to change his height. Maybe i made a mistake at some offset.

When i add him to slot 397, his suit was normal (black and red), his heigth was normal and the move glitch was gone.

I think i have to redo some parts of this tutorial, now that i understand erverything better.

The issue with Vader sounds like a superstar threads problem. Soemtimes the game creates one for the unused slots for no reason. Had a similar problem with Shamrock.

Yes it is good if you want to change a few bytes in ram (for example change heigt or gender of a superstar), but it takes some time to hack a full .pofo file into the ram. I remember Brienj showed a rtm editor for universe last year. Something similar would be nice.

On PS3 we can't decompress the Save, but we need a decompressed Save to add wrestler pacs (take a look at the x-packer tutorials for 360). Now Pur3 found a way to decompress this PS3 Save and Tekken57 can now add support for this decompressed Save to his x-packer tool. This will allow us to add wrestler pacs just like on the 360 (of course only jailbreak/cfw).

The process to add dlc to the PS3 explained in this tutorial will still work, but it is harder. With a decompressed Save (and support in x-packer) it will be much easier.

• 1 month later...

I made an update to the tutorial, showing howto add the recently released Bam Bam Bigelow. Hopefully this time it is easier to understand. Many thanks to tekken for X-Packer and Community DLC 4.

Great stuff! Was looking forward to adding Bam Bam, will give this a go tomorrow.

Out of interest, how do I add the tron after editing Bam Bam'd entrance?

Also do we need to remove the 'CH' from the 400.pac?

Cheers

Edited by LordBarker

01 EF is the hex string name for Bam Bam's tron. But when you edit his entrance with the ingame editor, his tron will change to "none". The hex string will change in ram. All you need to do is change the hex string back to 01 EF and Bam Bam will have an entrance with his music and his tron.

Having an issue with this:

"Download Tekken57's Community DLC Pack 1 and extract it. Open the dlc file (dlc2) with Le Fluffie and extract the "catalog.dlc" file. Open the "catalog.dlc" file with X-Packer 9 and change "DLC Content ID" from "50" to "1" "

For adding Bam Bam so I still need to edit the dlc2 from the original DLC pack 1? Or do I use the dlc file from DLC pack 4? Since I used the with DLC pack 4, changing the number of Bam Bam in Xpacker to 400 from 495. I then updated the Arc and defs accordingly (using Tekken's guide and copying across the game def to Excel, I'm adding Bam Bam into position 398 in the arc) and the game hang at the loading screen. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks

I used always the dlc file from the first community dlc pack, because for me it has more then enough dlc spots. And yes for adding Bam Bam you still need to edit the dlc2. Simply change the id from a custom dlc wrestler you dont have to 400 and change his name to bam bam.

398? are you sure? for my first dlc the number was 405. Open you .arc file with a hexeditor the entry for pach file 00040002 should be at the end of the .arc file. Delete your .arc file and try 405 with your backup .arc file.

Edited by kim666

I now have another issue - although not connected with DLC. The Debugger on my PC won't connect to my PS3 any more for some reason. It doesn't even make any attempt. Was working fine yesterday, not sure what's up :/

398? are you sure?

Yeah, I added it ch400.pac after the previous .pac files. So ch400 wasn't right at the bottom, so my last entries look like this:

pac/ch/ch371.pac
pac/createmode.pac
pac/misc_mw.pac
pac/misc01_start.pac
pac/misc02_ingame.pac
pac/misc03_hvk.pac
pac/misc04_season.pac
pac/misc05_save.pac

I just added it under the 371 entry

No it has to be at the bottom of the .def files.

pac/misc01_start.pac
pac/misc02_ingame.pac
pac/misc03_hvk.pac
pac/misc04_season.pac
pac/misc05_save.pac
pac/ch/ch400.pac

But you have installed CCAPI on your PS3? I see the CCAPI Logo in the upper right everytime i start my PS3. I use the last Rebug cfw on my PS3

Yes, it connects fine with the CCAPI tool on the PC/PS3 i.e. the control console APi - that works fine.

It's the CCAPI debugger 2.2 by MaDetho that won't connect. I had to use CCAPI 2.5 since it supports 4.55 CFW, but I'm guessing maybe MaDetho's debugger doesn't support the new 2.5 CCAPI?

Yeah that's fine mate. All other debug/FTP tools seem to work fine except the one I need - weird! Oh well, may have to wait until the ps3 save is fully useable I guess.