(TUTORIAL) How to inject renders into your CAW

Ollie™

UPDATE: I will not be supplying a new link! It was taken down for a reason and it isn't my personal content to upload, it's not my mod tool, therefore I must respect the O.P.'s wishes.

This tutorial is currently ONLY for Xbox 360

Requirements:

USB/Flash Drive 

PUR3's Mod Tool - http://www.mediafire.com/download/j2ye6dbiaa5e2e2/WWE_2K14_Mod_Tool.rar

Horizon/USBXTAFGUI (I use Horizon, however they both do the same thing)

Le Fluffie - http://www.gamefront.com/files/17205237/Le_Fluffie_App_zip

IMPORTANT:If you intend to inject the render into a downloaded superstar you MUST re-save all the attires on that wrestler before transferring it over to another drive!

1. First we must get our files, depending on which wrestler (or wrestlers) we'd like to inject the render upon. We must then transfer it over to a flash drive, we'll need the the CAS file of your choice and your SaveData. Make sure it's all on your USB then take it over to your computer, plug it in - and open Horizon

2. Now, open up Horizon. Open up the tab and make sure the directory looks like this

2crmvqe.png

Extract each file and save it to an official place, the files must be in the same place in order for the tool to scan for the CAS file. Make sure it's organised. All your files must be in the same place, also make a backup folder, if anything goes wrong you don't want to lose your hard work! When your done your folder should somewhat resemble this

2r7lpcn.png

2cdfvab.png

3. Open up the mod tool, firstly we want to go to the grey folder and open up our SaveData, then go to CAW editor. Now, we must scroll and find the Superstar that we have the CAS file of. If the Render button appears grey that's because you don't have the CAS file of that particular superstar, don't panic it's not broken!

Once we've found the superstar click on the render button. Once we're here we must tick the boxes we want to replace. We MUST do this one by one, not all in one go. I cannot stress this enough my dear gamers, do NOT do multiples at a time. 

You will notice that next the text is allocated a size. This tells which one is which. Our DDS files should be saved in "DXT5 ARGB 8 bbp interpolated alpha" format. Otherwise it will not work. Also remember "No mip-maps" here's what it should look like in the right settings 

1z66061.png

Now one by one inject each render into the correct slot. Our 512x512 should look correct and to scale - exactly how we want it to look in the game; for help with the proportions and sizing use Hotavio's template -

Bivlj6M.png

For the 128x128 it should look like a smaller compressed version of our 512x512, it's a good idea to have only the head and shoulders in the frame. Here's an example - http://i59.tinypic.com/se8z15.png

Repeat this method for all of your CAS files you want to inject renders into.

When we're all done, press "back" then go to the grey folder once again and press Save. This'll overwrite your SaveData file, not your CAS file. For this we must rehash and resign.

4. This where LeFluffie comes in, open it up and drag and drop both your "SaveData.dat" and your ".cas" file into LeFluffie. If you've done this successfully it will look like this

9a2yaf.png

Make sure your settings and tabs are like this otherwise you won't get it to work. Once this is done we're all ready to inject the files back into our USB.

5. Go back into Horizon and "inject" both of your new files. Overwrite the old ones if they're still on the USB, if you're in doubt that your files are rehashed/resigned then pay attention to the date modified - it should be closer to your current time and should be around the same time as one another. 

2l9sifc.png

We can now safely eject our USB and transfer the content back over to our original hard drive. Have fun modding and remember - if it goes wrong rehash/resign your backup and put that back on your drive. All the best, and thank you for reading. Feel free to comment with any problems you may be having. 

Credits:

PUR3 - his tool

HotavioH - his template

Edited by NERDGFX
  • Like 3

you are a god..thanks bro...just one thing...i downloaded dds files  not sure if there the right size and i dont know how to use photoshop..i suck at it...will there somebody that will post a pack of renders..if so i would love tna..mainly hernandez and homicide..p.s..petchy made keiji motuh..with a TITANTRON..on wwe 12 and 13 i was awesome with trons...i just want the renders already made and how to make trons..any info please be the god you are and answer my cries

you are a god..thanks bro...just one thing...i downloaded dds files  not sure if there the right size and i dont know how to use photoshop..i suck at it...will there somebody that will post a pack of renders..if so i would love tna..mainly hernandez and homicide..p.s..petchy made keiji motuh..with a TITANTRON..on wwe 12 and 13 i was awesome with trons...i just want the renders already made and how to make trons..any info please be the god you are and answer my cries

Well, we can't do titantrons on retail Xbox's this year, I can tell you that much. On my render showcase I supply download links to render packs on particular renders. Check the WWE 2K14 Creator - Other Creation topic.  :D NP!

IMPORTANT: If you intend to inject the render into a downloaded superstar you MUST re-save all the attires on that wrestler before transferring it over to another drive!

What do you mean? Do you mean we should re-save all 4 attires before injecting the renders?

IMPORTANT: If you intend to inject the render into a downloaded superstar you MUST re-save all the attires on that wrestler before transferring it over to another drive!

What do you mean? Do you mean we should re-save all 4 attires before injecting the renders?

Yes, resave every slot on your CAW, you must so this if it has the yellow downloaded tag on it, otherwise it will become corrupted.  :rolleyes:

Well, we can't do titantrons on retail Xbox's this year, I can tell you that much. On my render showcase I supply download links to render packs on particular renders. Check the WWE 2K14 Creator - Other Creation topic.  :D NP!

No problem! :3

do i have to stretch the render to the full template or to the height of it and fix the width accordingly to look proportioned 

we need a video tut..a slow one for noobs..a tut for dummies..im just saying..and one last thing..since you gods of hack/render..ect......yall should just make your own wwe game..i know ill but it..hell start your own company or something..and how do you post a PICTURE IN A COMMENT

Yes, resave every slot on your CAW, you must so this if it has the yellow downloaded tag on it, otherwise it will become corrupted.  :rolleyes:

So I don't have to do it one the ones without the yellow downloaded tag?

Thanks for the tutorial. Greate work I add this inside my Tool thread.I hope any Admin pinned this thread.

Edited by PUR3 RAF3X

do i have to stretch the render to the full template or to the height of it and fix the width accordingly to look proportioned 

To what looks proportional. ;)

we need a video tut..a slow one for noobs..a tut for dummies..im just saying..and one last thing..since you gods of hack/render..ect......yall should just make your own wwe game..i know ill but it..hell start your own company or something..and how do you post a PICTURE IN A COMMENT

I'll try and get on a video tutorial for next week.  ;) And on the panel when you're commenting there should be a little photo next to the "< >" click on that and paste image URL of your chosen image. 

ok 1 last question do i need/should I make a back up of all my data caws/arenas/pt. even if i'm just adding a render to 1 caw

ok 1 last question do i need/should I make a back up of all my data caws/arenas/pt. even if i'm just adding a render to 1 caw

It's a good idea to make regular backups of all your data, however for this method you only need to make backups of the SaveData you're using, and the CAS file(s) you're using.

ok it worked but i must have saved the file wrong the render how does it need to be saved it shows up all fuzzy see through and huge

both in game and on the program but looks normal other wise

Edited by brainz86

I'm pretty sure you've just created a Giant Jellyfish. Don't quote me on this though.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not, hell I don't know what you mean. But thanks  :lol

Since I have your attention... I'm bored and am wondering what filters and whatnot you use to create a render of a superstar/diva? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME OH MIGHTY KILLER PLEASE DO NOT DO WHAT YOU NAME SUGGESTS AND MURDER ME.

Since I have your attention... I'm bored and am wondering what filters and whatnot you use to create a render of a superstar/diva? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME OH MIGHTY KILLER PLEASE DO NOT DO WHAT YOU NAME SUGGESTS AND MURDER ME.

LOL, this cracked me up! Well I use tools mostly, burn, dodge, sponge, sharpen, despeckle and the blur tool are what makes these renders 99.9% of the time. I died laughing though at that last bit.  :p