How to get rid of the old school arena filter - New Fixed Version Adde

Red Rooster

I decided I dont like the hazy filter that the old school arenas have so I figured out how the remove the filter.

Edit : There was a problem that caused Sin Cara to crash the game, I have fixed it and uploaded the new version below

Just replace your bgEtc.pac with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp9hjpdp7kjh3u2/bgEtc.pac

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

Thanks for doing this. I too got tired of the filter quick. Plus I got Monday  Nitro over WM IV but the stupid filter was ruining the arena a bit so I'm glad you look into this :)

That filter should have only been for the story mode, it was a dumb design choice to have it tied to those arenas.

No,there´s people that like the filter.The only thing that 2k should have done was an option to turn on/off the filter.

That filter should have only been for the story mode, it was a dumb design choice to have it tied to those arenas.

No,there´s people that like the filter.The only thing that 2k should have done was an option to turn on/off the filter.

Yeah I agree it should have had an option to turn it off.

It never really bothered me to be honest, but I agree there should have been an option to turn it off.

What bothers me more is the way the lighting affects the skin color in the modern arenas.

Edited by coroner

I have replaced my file intern and my game freezes, It Doesnt work on PS3 ?

I tried all, replace on intern, extern, rename the file change my def files to the renamed one update arcs for non wrestler file... tryed one hour now and i have always a freeze and must restart my ps3.

Edited by Anabolica

• 3 months later...

I just discovered that doing this causes the game to crash when you start a 1 on 1 match with Sin Cara, if there are more than 2 wrestlers it doesnt crash. I guess it has something to do with Sin Cara's arena lighting. Im not too worried about it but I thought Id let people know.

Red can you tell me what textures to edit, or can you send me your edited texture. I must do it otherway for PS3 because your file dont work. thx

I'm glad you reuped this I had that problem a couple of months ago, But I tried this last night before bed and choosing Cara still crashed my game.

Red can you tell me what textures to edit, or can you send me your edited texture. I must do it otherway for PS3 because your file dont work. thx

Inside bgEtc there is a pach called VTGN inside there are 3 texture 0000, 0001 and 0002 replace all of them with a blank texture

• Too Sweet 1

I'm glad you reuped this I had that problem a couple of months ago, But I tried this last night before bed and choosing Cara still crashed my game.

Check the properties of the BgEtc.pac the size needs to be 48,007,168 bytes you may have downloaded the old one again before I had a chance to change the link (1 person downloaded the old one again)

It's working perfectly now bro, I looks like I might have been that one download lol. I wish there was a way to get rid of Sin Cara's crappy lighting as well.

Thanks rooster when i fixed it for Ps3 i will upload it :-) :D

EDIT : FILE WORKS ON PS3 too, only renamed your file to new.bgEtc.pac and copied to the "GAMES" and "game" folder (where the original file is) and edited both def files to new.bgEtc.pac. Thank you

Edited by Anabolica
  • Too Sweet 1