Warning! Arc file has a limit

Red Rooster

I discovered yesterday that once my plist360.arc hit 188kb in size the game wont load any more. To fix this I opened the arc file in Hex and deleted all the padding at the end (all the 00s after FF FF FF FF) that reduced my arc file down to 186kb and the game now loads.

In the future I may have to go through and delete the pach file entries for Cena and all the other Jobbers I dont use to free up more space.

• Like 1

I´m in 188kb´s exactly. I´ll be using a new arc to get out some alt. attires thinking in the DLC supertars.

John Cena have 10 attires? Crazy, but thanks to that we can add more than 4 attires this year.

Edited by Mathayus

Ive tried removing some data that is duplicated in the catalogHD.arc but the game hangs on loading.

Ive managed to reduce my arc file to 190240bytes (185kb) by getting rid of Alt Attires I dont need so I should be good for another 70 entries in the arc approximately.

if you remove the corresponding entry in the def file, does the game still freeze i.e. remove strings.pac in the def and then remove the entries in the arc.

i eas looking that the original plits arc file has 176kb and when i add the dlc1 of  the community it change to 186 kb. It will be hard to add the Dlc2 of the community  . :( :(

hope somebody find a easy solution

if you remove the corresponding entry in the def file, does the game still freeze i.e. remove strings.pac in the def and then remove the entries in the arc.

Even removing the reference in def file the game doesnt load. The WWE symbol just spins forever.

Damn, thats going to be an issue then. The only solution is to remove the alt attires you don't need like you've done.

We could have used the arc files from the nwo dlc pack but adding anything to the dlc pack causes issues.

hmm.. annoying but i'm not surprised, that's y i try to not edit my arcs if i can help it. last year i only had probs with 13 once i started having to mess with them.

Thats mean DLC Pac 2 would not work?

If my calculation is correct then you will need a minimum of 234 bytes spare in your arc file which means if your arc file size is currently  192277 bytes or smaller then you should be ok.

A lot of the attires I don't even use, so if anything I suppose it's an excuse to get rid of some of them, Cena and his 20 different shirts is first on my list..

Although it's obviously disappointing for those that wanted a large collection of attires, 

Can't we make misc.pac files for each dlc, like they do for the official dlc?

The problem isn´t the misc.pac is the plist.arc Ans yes. Each official DLC comes with his own arcs for the new wrestlers. But making bigger DLCs make the DLC freeze.

EDIT: (Maybe stupid question?)

And editing the catalogHD to add new wrestlers and making the catalogSD smaller?

Edited by Mathayus

Thats mean DLC Pac 2 would not work?

If my calculation is correct then you will need a minimum of 234 bytes spare in your arc file which means if your arc file size is currently  192277 bytes or smaller then you should be ok.

My arc file size is 186.6kB

• 1 year later...

I discovered yesterday that once my plist360.arc hit 188kb in size the game wont load any more. To fix this I opened the arc file in Hex and deleted all the padding at the end (all the 00s after FF FF FF FF) that reduced my arc file down to 186kb and the game now loads.

In the future I may have to go through and delete the pach file entries for Cena and all the other Jobbers I dont use to free up more space.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by AlexNiko210