Goldust 2013 (v3 23 Dec 2013!) PIC HEAVY

jordanjabroni

Okay, major update here, so I've deleted the entire first post and I'm writing it up again.

Firstly, thank you for your feedback and support over the past few weeks! You guys have been integral in keeping me committed to making this one of the best Goldust's on CC. With that said, I've released the third update of my Goldust CAW. I apologise for the phone camera pictures! If anyone would be so kind as to download him and screen capture him for me, I'd love you forever.

Additional creditsMoveset base by Not AA EDITION (tweaked by me)
                                T-shirt logos by BigChrisSpirito

Community Creation tags:  GOLDUST JDASH10

v3 Updates:

COMPLETELY NEW FACE PAINT: I used paint tool shapes and designs to achieve the closest likeness yet. The previous complaint about the black stripe along the back of his head has been addressed, now the yellow runs to the top of his head as it does in real life.

WP_000244.jpg

WP_000247.jpg

References:

20131018_Light_GoldustInterview_HOMEPAGE
GoldustPaint.jpg

IMPROVED BODY MORPH: Some complained that Goldust looked too ripped last time around, so I've thickened out the body and slimmed down the forearms and calfs to match his slightly disproportionate, barrel chested frame. It seems that the musculature on the abdomen is from the Outfit selected, as without it he has no muscle definition at all. 

ATTIRE SLOTS: The main complaint of this CAW was that he didn't have an accurate attire like Dre41's, the problem is due to me using paint tools for his face to achieve the closest likeness, I am still using the base Goldust outfit. I have however added the star logo that Goldust uses now, so his attire doesn't look too out of date. To make you guys even happier, I have also added a wig slot, an 'Ashes to Ashes...' t-shirt slot (HUGE PROPS TO BIGCHRISSPIRITO FOR THOSE!) and a suit for those 'you're fired' storylines!

WP_000237.jpg

WP_000239.jpgWP_000240.jpg

(Feel free to change the boa to black - I just really like the white-ish colour as it matches the wig!)
WP_000241.jpgWP_000242.jpgWP_000243.jpg

References:

GoldustEntrance.jpg_display_image.jpg?1319981012_goldust.jpg
RAW_1062_Photo_075_original.jpg?13806007tumblr_mxy1oaMpnn1t3n2doo1_500.png
05011.jpg

Thank you for reading, please continue to leave feedback and I hope that you all enjoy this new and improved Goldussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst!

Edited by JDash10

Ehh,have you seen Dre41's GOLDUST?

Yeah, and like I said his and other Goldust CAWs are great attempts, but I just don't see Dustin in there. So I tried to make something that looked more accurate in terms of morph and facepaint.

Yeah I think this is the best Goldust I've seen.

That means so much, just wish I had more layers to make his entrance gear/tweak his outfit. Cheers!

Incredible, I can really see what you mean when you say you wanted to capture Dustin under all the paint, I can totally see his face. GOOD JOB!

Big thanks to Ernez over at caws.ws for screen capping my Goldust!

1peeCb4.jpg

Incredible, I can really see what you mean when you say you wanted to capture Dustin under all the paint, I can totally see his face. GOOD JOB!

Thanks, that's really what I wanted to nail. Wish I could get an accurate attire like Dre41's though!

Where is the link for download caws in Community Creation? Thanks

Welcome to smacktalks! Go to Xbox LIVE from the main menu, click Community Creations then Download, then press X to open the search tool, type in JDASH10 and the list of stuff I've uploaded will come up and you'll find Goldust there ;D

Edited by JDash10

Yeah, and like I said his and other Goldust CAWs are great attempts, but I just don't see Dustin in there. So I tried to make something that looked more accurate in terms of morph and facepaint.

39966-Robert-Downey-jr-laughing-gif-M5Bd

Edited by Yakuza ™

Great job on Goldie Sir!

Thank you!

What? He nailed Goldust's attire perfectly, much better than I could with the layer limits and such, but I just didn't feel the face. The facepaint design was off, the colour was more a weak yellow than a strong gold and it didn't look enough like Dustin to me. Dre41's creations are incredible, there's a reason his Matt Hardy CAW became the highest reviewed or whatever on '13, because he's crazy talented, but I wanted to try and make another Goldust to please myself and give other players some variety and options in who they wanted to download. How many almost identical Jeff Hardy's cropped up on '13? Just because Dre made a decent Goldie doesn't mean that people should stop making him. C'mon now. If you have some feedback then please give it, but don't be snarky or rude because that's just immature.

It's crazy how good this is! IMO his waist is a little too thin, but other than that near perfect. Since I'm on PS3 I can't download this CAW sadly, so it would be nice of you could tell me how you made that face paint look so golden?

Edited by BrotchMrToast

Lol, well damn.

Anyway, my main gripe is the facepaint. The black doesn't cover the whole top part of his head. His blonde hair is still seen from the hairline and up. The black doesn't go over his head like that, if anything you need more gold in that area. 

Edited by Paulie Walnuts

BUMP! Version 2 uploaded! Improved morphs, attires, facepaint! More and better quality paint tool logos added! Entrance robe is in! WWE '13 model used as reference for better facial fit!

Will post pictures and details tomorrow morning in the first post! Go download now!

It's crazy how good this is! IMO his waist is a little too thin, but other than that near perfect. Since I'm on PS3 I can't download this CAW sadly, so it would be nice of you could tell me how you made that face paint look so golden?

Thank you! I've redone his morph to widen his chest/waist up a little (but not too much, because Goldust is basically a spring chicken now compared to how he used to look!) The face paint is simply finding the right colour tone, so on the colour grid find a nice colour between orange and yellow but mostly in the yellow and drag it about halfway down so it loses the colour intensity.

I think this is really good.

Short and sweet! Thanks!

Anyway, my main gripe is the facepaint. The black doesn't cover the whole top part of his head. His blonde hair is still seen from the hairline and up. The black doesn't go over his head like that, if anything you need more gold in that area. 

The issue I had with this is that the different shapes of the facepaint running into his hairline was hard to get level, due to the weird blur/overlay thing that happens in the middle of their heads. So I added the black strip to better capture the sense of facepaint and it actually served as a kind of guide for me to closer nail the actual design of the facepaint. I've slimmed down the strips in version 2.

yep... going off the pics it ain't exactly dustin'a'like either, did he wear that suit with that paint?

This was one of the things I took into consideration with V2.  I've reworked his morph using WWE '13 and recent pictures of Dustin with and without paint as reference. These can be seen in the original post. I personally think I got a pretty good Dustin likeness out of this, the only thing that sticks out really is the width of the cranium but his head looks way too slim when you match it more to the real life pic, and his '13 model has a wider cranium so I matched it closer to that. In game, it definitely looks better than the pictures. And the attire hasn't been used with that paint no, but there's no way for me to attempt to recreate it as I've maxed out the layers. Sorry!

Really like this, will be downloading

Thank you!

Hey man! Great work on this Goldust! I think this is better than Dre 41's Goldie. Just the eye color that needs to be changed but other than that, amazing!

• 5 weeks later...

So, I'm an idiot.

I accidentally deleted Goldy.

And he isn't re-uploadable.

So unless there's a way to change that, I can fix him up sometime around Christmas but I won't be able to share him with anyone.

sad.png

Planned updates are:
Change the facepaint up, clean out the layers of junk and fix the yellow/gold that SHOULD overlap the black.
Add a star/white writing to the back of his outfit.

If I go back and improve him soon, can I put the .cas file on a USB, and upload it for you guys to download?
That's the only way I can see me getting around the re-downloadable issue...

Edited by JDash10

yeah dre's is good, but i actually like this attempt much better.. now if only in 2k15 the face paint could actually wear off like irl LOL

Oh really damm cuz I just found Goldie on CC 2night and he looks amazing bro you really out did yourself nice job but an updated version would of been sick and last attire be the retro Goldie to feud wit Razor would of been awesome .

Oh really damm cuz I just found Goldie on CC 2night and he looks amazing bro you really out did yourself nice job but an updated version would of been sick and last attire be the retro Goldie to feud wit Razor would of been awesome .

That's the reason I can't change my Goldust. I have one with the current version, shattered dreams, and his original attire, all in one slot.

Still, this is amazing work and kudos to the OP.

Edited by bobobrowne