WWE 2K14 30 Years of Wrestlemania + Hogan Confirmed!

Miztah Raza

still-16-081213.jpg

2K Games has announced the single player mode for WWE 2K14, the concept is 30 Years of WrestleMania. This mode will player going through the greatest matches and unforgettable moments in WrestleMania History.  

Speaking to Triple H about this mode he stated, "I'm excited for this, to be partnered with 2K, the future is very bright for this franchise".  There will be around 45 matches through the mode, and 3 have already been announced.  Those matches are:
  • Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant - WrestleMania 3
  • The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - WrestleMania 18
  • The Rock vs. John Cena - WrestleMania 28
still-15-081213.jpg

This is just a sampling of the matches in this marquee mode, and further matches will be announced over the next several weeks.  As you can see above, this officially means both Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant join the roster for WWE 2K14. Cory Ledesma stated "This is the greatest roster ever assembled", and the rest of the roster will be officially unveiled on August 17th during SummerSlam Fan Axxess in Los Angeles.

A great amount of time went into the unique presentation of the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode. Every arena from each Wrestlemania is authentic, all the overlay graphics, the crowd, and even the vintage TV screen effects transport you back in time to that very match in WrestleMania history.  The WWE also produced exclusive video packages to refresh some of these storylines for fans who either don't remember or who weren't even around yet for the match in question.  Several matches will have in game cinematic cut scenes to try to have matches flow the way they really did, also historical objectives will help replicate this and all you to unlock many in game items.'

still-17-081213.jpg

Triple H closed the conference call stating that this mode had to include what he felt was WrestleMania's most iconic moment, Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant.  He was proud that they were able to get these matches back for the old and new fans of the WWE and WWE Games.

WWE 2K14 releases October 29th for the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360.
Edited by Nazza
Edited so that the pictures shown are bigger

now this got me excited for the game,im realy looking forward for more info about this mod.
i realy hope razor/hall is in. it makes sense though... think of the fact that WM 18 arena is in,and hall said something about the game on twitter... so we probably see hall VS SCSA WM 18. and im sure there will be a razor model/alt atttire if hall is in. it will be razor VS HBK WM 10 ladder match.
didnt the play testers say that u can have triple threat tag matches..? which also gives a hint to hardyz/dudlyz/E & C to be in the game.. but thats a super low chance haha..
oh and i realy hope they fixed the fucking AI 
and that we can make the attires we made in superstars threads/alt attires to be the default attire. or atleast to be able to have an option to do so in the match menu(Where u set the match experience to quick/normal/epic)

Honestly, i ain´t liking much of this wrestlemania mode.

I want some fucking normal career mode, where we can play with any superstar that we want.

Honestly, i ain´t liking much of this wrestlemania mode.

I want some fucking normal career mode, where we can play with any superstar that we want.

They never said that there will not be a carrer mode, if you don't like the WM mode, well don't play it! Chill man

Btw back on the topic.

Oh so i get it , this is like the legend mode in the NBA 2K12, That Hogan look freaking dope. Really looking foward to this game.Can't wait to see what's 2K giving in 15

I think we r getting some WM 30 stuffs as DLC right ??? Like they did with the NBA All Star

Edited by Alex™

2K's first game and they managed to get at least 2 Hogan's in. I'm actually surprised.

Wait a minute did, i told you to believe in 2K ??? No  ?? Then

BELIEVE IN 2K!!!!!!!!!!

Would prefer career mode but i guees this is okey, just wondering what the second big mode will be, hoping for gm mode.

BTW: CM Punks GTS hoodie spoted in the crowd, might mean Punk gets a hoodie-entrance.

I'm markin out over all this...so excited to get & play this game..absolutely can't wait. .this is gonna be the best game yet..ahhhhhhhh :-)

The only sad thing is a bunch of good matches, theoretically, can't be used. I'm making a list of potential matches that could be included. I'll post it later.

Judging by the title of "30 Years of Wrestlemania", I believe it is safe to assume there will be at least one match from each 'Mania. Also judging by the way the Chicago Bulls were used in NBA 2K Classic Mode, Hogan will probably have more than those two announced matches, at least one more being Hogan and Warrior. 

My predictions:

Wrestlemania I at MSG : Body Slam Challenge - Big John Stud vs Andre the Giant because I highly doubt the got Mr. T in the game for Hogan and Mr. T vs Piper and Orndorf

Wrestlemania II at Nassau Colleseum: Cage Match - Hogan vs King Kong Bundy; potientially Randy Savage vs George "The Animal" Steele for the I-C title as Steele has been in the main series before

Wrestlemania III at Pontiac Silverdome: Hogan vs Andre (obviously), however, I believe they will also include Savage vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, as it is considered one of, if not the greatest, matches in 'Mania history. (Savage's attire is in this year and Steamboat has been in the main series before) 

Wrestlemania IIII at Trump Plaza: WWF Title Tournament Final - Randy Savage vs Ted DiBiase (DiBiase has been in the main series before)

Wrestlemania V at Trump Plaza: Hogan vs Savage (More than likely) I would prefer it be Rick Rude vs Warrior, in hope that Rude is in the game now that others have been confirmed (Rude has been in the main series before)

Wrestlemania VI at Skydome: WWF & I-C Title - Warrior vs Hogan (obviously)  Hopefully we get Rude vs Snuka or DiBiase vs Roberts in hopes of a larger roster (All have been in the main series)

Wrestlemania VII at LA Sports Arena:  Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter                                                                                                                                     Also on the card, Taker vs Snuka & Retirement Match - Warrior vs Savage

Wrestlemania VIII at Hoosier Dome: Unpredictable   

This card included the following: Undertaker beat Jake Roberts, I-C Title: Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper,WWF Title: Savage vs Ric       Flair, Hulk Hogan beat Sid Justice by DQ. After the match, The Ultimate Warrior returned to save Hogan.

Wrestlemania IX at Caesar's Palace: Upredictable (Would like to see this arena though)

This card included: I-C Title- Tatanka vs Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon vs Bob Backlund, Lex Luger vs Curt Henning,

WWF Title: Yokozuna vs Bret Hart, WWF Title: Hulk Hogan vs Yokozuna

Wrestlemania X at MSG: I-C Title Ladder Match -  Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels

Wrestlemania XI at Hartford Civic Center - Diesel vs Shawn Michaels

Wrestlemania XII at Arrowhead Pond: 60 minute Iron Man Match for WWF Title: Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart 

Wrestlemania 13 at Rosemont Horizon: Submission Match: Bret Hart vs Steve Austin

Wrestlemania IV at Fleet Center: Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels. Mike Tyson was special enforcer outside the                  ring. Taker vs Kane also on the card.

Wrestlemania XV at First Union Center: Steve Austin vs the Rock

Wrestlemania 2000 at Arrowhead Pond: Triple H vs The Rock vs Mick Foley vs Big Show                                                       Although, I would like to see the ladder match for the tag titles with E&C, The Hardys, and the Dudleys but thats 4             roster spots that wont be filled........

Wrestlemania X-Seven at Astrodome: Steve Austin vs the Rock

The triple threat tag TLC was on this card, but reason has been mentioned above....

Wrestlemania X8 at Skydome: The Rock vs Hogan (obviously)  Also on the card. Austin vs Scott Hall & Triple H vs              Jericho for the title

Wrestlemania XIX at Safeco Field: The Rock vs Austin (The best between the two, in my opinion) Lesnar vs Angle              (won't happen) on the card. Also Hogan vs McMahon on the card, which may be an excuse to put McMahon on the              game as a playable character. 

Wrestlemania XX at MSG: US Title - John Cena vs Big Show, as Benoit and Angle or on this card in the two hw title            matches

Wrestlemania 21 at Staples Center: Undertaker vs Orton    It's the most memorable to me. The first MITB was there          but it included Benoit & Shelton Benjamin. They may select JBL vs Cena for his first WWE Championship, considering          they confirmed JBL AND the Undisputed championship last week. Batista vs Triple H was on the card.

Wrestlemania 22 at Allstate Arena: Edge vs Foley hardcore match, as Mysterio winning his first World title vs Angle          and Orton but once again, Angle's inclusion possibly prevents this. Also            Cena vs Triple H possibly,

Wrestlemania 23 at Ford Field: Cena vs Michaels, as Lashley vs Umaga is doubtful, however, Taker vs Batista is                possible

Wrestlemania XXIV at Citrus Bowl: HBK vs Flair (hopefully), also on this card CM Punk's first MITB, Taker vs Edge,            Orton vs Cena vs Triple H

Wrestlemania's 25th Anniversary at Reliant Stadium: Taker vs HBK  (obviously)  Also on the card, CM Punk's second      MITB, Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy (not happening), Cena vs Edge vs Show, and Triple H vs Orton

Wrestlemania XXVI at University of Phoenix: Cena vs Batista, why have Taker vs HBK again (other than HBK attires).      Also on the card: Orton vs Rhodes and DiBiase, Triple H vs Sheamus, Jericho vs Edge, and last and least McMahon vs        Bret Hart ( let's hope not)

Wrestlemania XXVII at Georgia Dome: Triple H vs Taker , also on the card: Edge vs Del Rio, Orton vs CM Punk, Miz vs      Cena, and last and least Cole vs Lawler (NO)....... 

Wrestlemania XXVIII at SunLife Stadium: The Rock vs Cena (obviously)  Also on the card: Sheamus and AJ vs Daniel        Bryan (shouldn't take long to complete in game.......),  Taker vs Triple H, CM Punk vs Jericho

Wrestlemania XXIX at MetLife Stadium: I would like to say Taker vs Punk, as it is hands down the best match since the first Taker-HBK, match in my book. However, we'll probably see Cena vs The Rock (again)

Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading. I apologize for and omissions or fallacies. I know some matches were in WWE 13, so I don't know how this will be handled. Also, sorry for any duplicate matches and overload of the same wrestlers, but as I mentioned, look at NBA 2K's inclusion of The Bulls(Michael Jordan). Once again thanks to all for reading such a long post. 

Nah, i don't think that WrestleMania 29 match will be Rock vs. Cena 2 (cuz that match sucked balls). Taker vs Punk was the real thing that night

The best and small part about this is the TV affects. You can even noticed the difference between the Rock/Hogan picture to Rock/Cena (Standard Defintion, Not Hi-Definition).

Nah, i don't think that WrestleMania 29 match will be Rock vs. Cena 2 (cuz that match sucked balls). Taker vs Punk was the real thing that night

totally agree with u alex it should b taker vs punk & who wants 2 WM matches for rock vs cea as we can c in the pic they got their match in wm 28

The best and small part about this is the TV affects. You can even noticed the difference between the Rock/Hogan picture to Rock/Cena (Standard Defintion, Not Hi-Definition).

ya i noticed that they put different screen effects as per the eras & like all others i too think that this game is going to b the best of the franchise

totally agree with u alex it should b taker vs punk & who wants 2 WM matches for rock vs cea as we can c in the pic they got their match in wm 28

ya i noticed that they put different screen effects as per the eras & like all others i too think that this game is going to b the best of the franchise

they already made that in nba 2k12 with nba greatest´s mode and it was awesome

I can't wait to play Triple H vs Shawn Michaels  from WMXX!

Don't get your hopes up. It'll probably be John Cena Vs The Big Show or The Rock n' Sock Connection VS Evolution. they won't edit a match to add it in. Unless they surprise everyone and somehow, someway get WWE to let them put in Chris Benoit.

I want to see Wrestlemania 28 arena.

.... Go play WWE '13. >_> It's in there, too.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll probably be John Cena Vs The Big Show or The Rock n' Sock Connection VS Evolution. they won't edit a match to add it in. Unless they surprise everyone and somehow, someway get WWE to let them put in Chris Benoit.

taker vs kane wm xx it could be too

I agree that Taker and Punk should be in there for WM 29, but its just a matter of Community Creations, unless they botch CM Punk's attire like in WWE 13,  since the match is so recent, as with all of the other matches in the most recent Mania's. I don't want to see Rock and Cena twice. The only reason I listed other matches like Rock and Austin more than once and the many HBK matches and Hogan matches is for the attires I hope they include. Yes, I know that Rock and Austin offer virtually nothing in that area.  I would like to see a MITB match included but the contracts with other companies probably wouldn't allow it. The upcoming Roster Reveal with help me refine my predictions. I'm just excited for the game. 

:lol: