PS3 CAWs Lacking...

Raimundo

I found that almost every good CAW I've seen so far has been XBOX 360 versions...and barely anything on the PS3 side...things like AJ Styles, Scott Hall, X-Pac, MVP, etc. Is there anyway of getting these awesome CAWs converted to the PS3?

The only way is to follow the video formulas we've been putting up, although due to the lack of layers on the PS3 you need to skip some of the steps which means the caws wont be as detailed.

The other problem is that people can use modded xbox's to import textures from their PC on to the game, meaning they can use actual face textures, real tattoos, etc. which isnt possible on the PS3.

Hopefully THQ will finally find a way to allow both consoles to have 64 layers next year, but this problems been around for a few years now so I cant see them fixing it sadly.

Life isn't fair. They're two different consoles, made differently. The technical reason THQ would give you would probably be that the 360 has more RAM available to store CAW info in, which it does. The PS3 splits it's RAM between video and system. So no, I would not hold my breath for this to change ever on these consoles.

• Like 1

Really ? Really ? Really? It's more then obvious that you haven't bothered checking the CC for stuff on Ps3 as it's chopped full of great Caws like Scott Hall, AJ Styles and the names you mentioned. saying that there's Barely any for Psn is just non sense when there's several pages of each.... as well as Old school legends up by guys like Krad and iceman or Tomm 1904

Edited by stacysmikeyboy

Like Mikey says, there is a lot of good caws on CC for the PS3 and a lot people recreate the 360 caws from the formulas so it's worth having a look.

I don't call doing a search for a certain wrestler such as AJ and then being given 50+ pges worth hardly lacking you simply have to do the leg work and search them like everybody else does.

I meant on this site, though I don't recall 50+ pages, there was only a few pages for AJ Styles and only one decent one that I saw a few days ago and that had ONE attire. Er...Scott Hall the "good" one I saw seemingly got removed and such. Would you be able to name some of the creators so I can take a look? Then again CC has been terrible for me lately as well.

EDIT: Thank you for naming those three guys, I will take a look at their stuff tonight.

Edited by Raimundo

^ there's one Scott Hall form.

that was featured on the site's You Tube page so maybe that helps you out for a basic starting point.

Edited by stacysmikeyboy

Look man. You need to stop discrediting PS3 creators because in my opinion, while it may lack the legacy and professionalism of The D, WolfgangJT, Slipfan, Dynomyte, Kung Fu, Petchy etc. it does have some of the best CAWS that even the XBox 360 is lacking. I can't name you all the creators I know. But, I'll list from the top of my head so here goes (in no particular order):

• TheCuttingEdge
  • senorsnipesalot
  • nba2kfanman
  • GoreMachine
  • XHayabusaX
  • the_chunk
  • hbk89
  • Big333Gus
  • yohansigned
  • gazwefc
  • Dr. Lecter
  • Rai33
  • goody990
  • kell67
  • ObsessedW/Divas
  • 2thejuice
  • LHC
  • Shaneiskingg
  • xilolo
  • Iceman5533V2
  • Tom1904
  • KRadiation (WLF)
  • Old_School
  • Wizard of Thay
  • Gamevolt
  • KartikKannan
  • SSnake76
  • schlimo
  • face82
  • guitarherobonham
  • TheShape-NeverDies
  • DZL
  • albertocp
  • 2thejuice

stacysmikeyboy's is a legend in his own right as well but there are no CAWS posted by him this year unfortunately.

There is a good converted RVD out there too but the creator's name isn't listed above as I forgot. If you do a "Most Downloaded" search, it will be listed.

I personally download CAWS that and tweak them heavily based on my liking and I don't want to toot my own horn, but they look pretty decent considering I spend a fair amount of time detailing the face. If requested, I will start posting formulas as I can't reupload downloaded CAWS.

On top of that, you have Paul who updates the official Smacktalks YouTube Channel with the Community Creations showcase where there are two to three formulas released each week from the XBox 360 side for PS3 users.

Seriously, search before you speak. PS3 holds its own even though it is hindered heavily due to its layer drawbacks (the reasoning explained by Strum la Frantique).

Good luck searching. The servers are a real bitch.

• Like 1

That's a good list, there's some quality creators on there.

Mikey have you not released any caws this year? I seen your Stacy one but I dont know if you've released it yet.

well I totally agree with the above list. However there's others out there that are just as great such as Rain always, 2tm <- ( twisted merk) chaingang 84 and a few others out there as well. Here's the thing though there's a whole slew of great assets on the PSN side depending on what you are into. Take diva wrestlers for exp: HBK89 and Obsessed w/ divas) are killing it with the divas and alumni again this yr. Guys like Chunk have really improved between their stuff from last yr to this yr. Now you want Legends then Guys such as Krad, Rain Always, Rai33, Tom1904, iceman and others are there to bang them all out in great likenesses. and Finally there's a few unknowns out there as well that are Up and comers However, here's the think a lot of guys have potential to kill a CAS if they take their time where a few pple are just in such a hurry a lot of time they rush through just to get stuff out there and it shows. As for myself I have about 4 or 5 accounts/ sub accounts on my PSN that has content from CAS to CAE,s on them such as Michael Jackson ( converted over from last yr.) Stacy, as Smacktalk mentioned , I also have a Scott Hall that is completed in video form yet I haven't been happy with my videos from my Capture device so i'm still trying to adjust their setting so I haven't uploaded to PSN since the server hasn't been so great but I do have a Scott hall moveset that got read review/ such and a few arenas. ( Hulk Hogan 1) and ECW. But I will upload all stuff soon enough once the videos get rehashed.

and Thx for the vote of confidence being included on the list there @ Sunny much appreciated but even I have had stuff in older gaming titles that were sub par just because I got lazy and didn't pay attention to detail when making stuff.

I think you guys have taken what I said out of context, I meant here on the site's CAWs...but I think the servers were being retarded with me because when as I said used Mikey's suggestion I got tons of AJ Styles and Scott Halls, I just can't download them because the servers are a pile of sh*t. It always gets close to the end and goes out of CC. >< But I know the formulas can be helpful, just a few of the CSs I saw didn't seem like they were formulas, I will have to relook at those. And thank you for the list.

Yeah the server can be a real Pain in the but that's for sure. As far as Scott Hall goes. I am redoing my formula for the one I made as I finally got my capture device to record without it stretching things like it was doing.

The problem with the site is that not a lot of PS3 gamers have been submitting caws this year, for some reason the majority of the ones submitted are for the 360.

You could try searching the 360 caws and look for "Video Formula" in the details column, that way you'll be able to use that to make the caw on PS3 even tho it was posted in the 360 section.