Extracting 2k14 PAC files.

Prime8

Hey, so I've extracted everything from the ISO file but I've been unable to extract the texture files using X-Packer. Do I need a newer version of X-Packer? The version I've got is version 8.2 (I think) and I've been unable to find a link for a more up to date version. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm kinda stuck at this point (I've not done any modding since 2010 so I may be doing something wrong). Thanks.

Hey, so I've extracted everything from the ISO file but I've been unable to extract the texture files using X-Packer. Do I need a newer version of X-Packer? The version I've got is version 8.2 (I think) and I've been unable to find a link for a more up to date version. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm kinda stuck at this point (I've not done any modding since 2010 so I may be doing something wrong). Thanks.

this is no new one yet man 

From what I understand you have to change the header of the pac file with a hex editor from epac to epk8 to open it in x-packer 8.2, but I haven't tried yet.

Edited by Acid6D94

^^^ changing EPAC to EPK8 in hex works I tried it last night...

I knew it would since Tekken was the one who said how to get it to work. I just haven't done it because I couldn't find the epac header. (I'm not so good with hex editing xD)

I knew it would since Tekken was the one who said how to get it to work. I just haven't done it because I couldn't find the epac header. (I'm not so good with hex editing xD)

I'm having the same problem. I opened a PAC file from a previous game and it was easy to find as EPAC was right at the top, first thing I saw when I opened the file, but in the new game PAC, even using Search, I was still unable to find it. As an experiment, I tried copying the first section from the older PAC file into the new one. This allowed me to open the file in X=Packer and extract the PACH files, but then it was back to the same error. I then did the same thing to the PACH file as I'd done with the PAC file and I was again able to open it but was unable to go any further as while all the files were there, only 1 was a BPE which could be exported and it wasn't the texture file...so I'm sort of stuck again at the moment. 

I'm having the same problem. I opened a PAC file from a previous game and it was easy to find as EPAC was right at the top, first thing I saw when I opened the file, but in the new game PAC, even using Search, I was still unable to find it. As an experiment, I tried copying the first section from the older PAC file into the new one. This allowed me to open the file in X=Packer and extract the PACH files, but then it was back to the same error. I then did the same thing to the PACH file as I'd done with the PAC file and I was again able to open it but was unable to go any further as while all the files were there, only 1 was a BPE which could be exported and it wasn't the texture file...so I'm sort of stuck again at the moment. 

You need to decompress the pac file first either using xbdecompress or BrienJ's WWE Pac Extractor from last year, then hex the EPAC to EPK8 and then you will be able to open it in XPacker

I can decompress the file okay, but when I run it through bms as EPK8 it doesn't work.  EPAC works but they are all POF0 files.  I swear I did it once with the smackdown arena, but I cant figure out what I did to make it work.  If I open it is xpacker, i don't see anything...it has the categories on top but it doesn't list any files.

Edited by dantheman9856

what exactly is the header? is it just the EPAC section or is it more than that? whenever I change EPAC to EPK8, the file doesn't read in any program.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Xpacker 8.1 and the game for PS3, but i dont must rewrite the header. only uncompress the pach files to get the 00C.pac. thats all

or the files for xbox are different.

When I extract the 00C file in X-Packer, my 00C file saves as a .pac file, instead of a .bpe file, so quickbms doesnt recognize the 00C file, even if i just change the name from 00C.pac to 00C.bpe... any ideas what im doing wrong? Thanks in advance. 

When I extract the 00C file in X-Packer, my 00C file saves as a .pac file, instead of a .bpe file, so quickbms doesnt recognize the 00C file, even if i just change the name from 00C.pac to 00C.bpe... any ideas what im doing wrong? Thanks in advance. 

Open 00C.pac with X Packer "Open Texture Archive" then extract the color.dds from there

• 1 month later...

If i open a pac file that i have downloaded, that someone else modded, i can get textures no problem at all. But when I'm doing it from a scratch pac file, default from the game, I can only get to the zlib.uncompressed file... X-Packer gives me the "Index out of the bounds of the array" message. NO idea what to do. I have followed three different tutorials, exactly the same way, and can do it with pre-modded pacs, so i just dont understand where im going wrong... 

I'm thinking there has to be something that I did different than everyone else, because I am having no problems getting the dds files from the already modded pacs. Just cannot get the default ones to work for the life of me....

After I decompress the original pac file, and change the header to EPK8, i open the decompressed pac file in X-Packer, and I get a horizontal column at the top with the usual, "extract, inject, uncompress, file id" etc., but there is NOTHING under it at all. If i could figure out how to paste a picture, i would upload my screenshot, but i cant find an option anywhere to paste a picture in this reply section. 

Try this..

Start with a brand new pac file.

Open xpacker. Go to utilities and change header to epk8. Select the new pac file.

Once done open the file in xpacker.

Go down to 000c and click uncompress. It will give you 2 files. Inject the 000c with 000c.pac.. the the file type should change to 000. If it did then double click on the colum of off the size of 000c. A new graph should open at the bottom and it will show the .dds files in a it. Extract them that way.