Shader Tool/Solution for places on face texture the game doesn't pick up?

plandr

Okay, so first off this game has the best presentation in the series so kudso to the developers there. The CAS characters feel more like a part of the roster than at any point in the history of the series. 

That said, there are a few things 2k can do as it concerns presentation (or are maybe already in the game and I just don't know of) that can take the game to an even higher level! The main item that would add value here that I've observed is the introduction of a shader tool...

As you can see from the images below, the way the game is currently designed, the eye sockets, nostrils and other areas of the face are difficult to align and - in the case of the nostrils - impossible because there is no shader and the game doesn't recognize the imported texture in that area of the face.

See image #1 (notice that the nostrils are not a component of the face that recognizes the outside texture):

UwtMx3H.jpg

Conversely, the main/default texture supports this shading:

SWMAF4U.jpg

The other area involves areas of a photo taken that may not align with the lighting of the default texture. This can be cleaned up in PS, but again a shader would be helpful:

jtwxtx4.jpg

^^The solution to the above is I think the creation of a shader tool that allows for postwork on the textures. Either that or a postwork process that can be applied and will automatically shade in/standardize areas of the face that the existing engine doesn't apply imported textures onto.

I think if they address this + the hair clipping for certain screen select poses + the creepy smiles for the CAS that the game will have created superstars that look just like their in game counterparts.

^Does anyone else have existing solutions for these issues? And if not do the developers have places where you can go to recommend changes?

Happy Sunday!

Plandr

Edited by plandr