Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Unfortunately I can confirm that SE is NOT working with 2K18. Much more sound files this year... And SE is not able to open the new sound archives... So it will need an updated version.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Unfortunately I can confirm that SE is NOT working with 2K18. Much more sound files this year... And SE is not able to open the new sound archives... So it will need an updated version.

It's all good fam!  I'll definitely be on the lookout for the updated version for 2K18 which I'll assume you'll put it in the 2K18 modding section.

You did fantastic work on the 2k17 one and I look forward to the one for 2K18!  <3

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

damn hope you can get it out soon

Edited by spoooook

1 hour ago, spoooook said:

damn hope you can get it out soon

Some good news:

SE is now able to open all the 2K18 sound files in my internal test version.

So much more sound files this year but the same sh*t as last year but even more crazy.. 3 sound archives just for the menu soundtracks. What's wrong with Yukes? Why do they cleanly separate the sound files but leave all the duplicates in the pck archives? That makes no sense! For example the menu soundtracks are in soundtrack_m.pck, sfx_m.pck and game_mode_m.pck...

And some really bad news... SE sound-import does not work any more. The game just skips the imported songs completely.. So don't count on a quick update. I will need much more time to find the issue. Hopefully it's not the same sh*t like with 2K15.

Edited by TheVisitorX

14 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Some good news:

SE is now able to open all the 2K18 sound files in my internal test version.

So much more sound files this year but the same sh*t as last year but even more crazy.. 3 sound archives just for the menu soundtracks. What's wrong with Yukes? Why do they cleanly separate the sound files but leave all the duplicates in the pck archives? That makes no sense! For example the menu soundtracks are in soundtrack_m.pck, sfx_m.pck and game_mode_m.pck...

And some really bad news... SE sound-import does not work any more. The game just skips the imported songs completely.. So don't count on a quick update. I will need much more time to find the issue. Hopefully it's not the same sh*t like with 2K15.

So basically that means no entrance themes?

7 minutes ago, spoooook said:

So basically that means no entrance themes?

For now it's not possible to change any sound in the game. It's not a problem with SE directly, the injection still works fine. Also the pck format is nearly the same. But the issue is the generated wwise (wem) file itself... It works fine with a Wwise file exported from the game BUT it does not work with a file converted from Wwise CLI. Maybe we need an updated Wwise version or special flags/settings within the file.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

For now it's not possible to change any sound in the game. It's not a problem with SE directly, the injection still works fine. Also the pck format is nearly the same. But the issue is the generated wwise file itself... It works fine with a Wwise file exported from the game BUT it does not work with a file converted from Wwise CLI. Maybe we need an updated Wwise version or special flags/settings within the file.

oh damn, hopefully you can figure out what you need to do (if its even possible to get it to work in the first place) dont wanna start my universe mode til i can do custom music xD

Hope that, too ... But - unfortunately - There is something more... 2K18 has the same issue 2K15 has...  It seems like they have included something to prevent us from changing the menu tracks... Even if I try to import a new song, it still plays the old one, but only the first 1 or 2 seconds.. But I remember that there was someone who has found a working solution for 2K15.

Hope that, too ... But - unfortunately - There is something more... 2K18 has the same issue 2K15 has...  It seems like they have included something to prevent us from changing the menu tracks... Even if I try to import a new song, it still plays the old one, but only the first 1 or 2 seconds.. But I remember that there was someone who has found a working solution for 2K15.

did it play for the first 1 or 2 seconds in 2k15 as well?

I've finally managed to get an imported file working (as entrance theme). Try to convert the file with the newest Wwise 2017 version. That one seems to work fine. But the menu tracks are still an issue...

Edited by TheVisitorX

5 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I've finally managed to get an imported file working (as entrance theme). Try to convert the file with the newest Wwise 2017 version. That one seems to work fine. But the menu tracks are still an issue...

Oh okay, I was using WWISE 2016 I believe with your sound converter, way faster ;) I'll take a try :)

1 minute ago, El Buvor said:

Oh okay, I was using WWISE 2016 I believe with your sound converter, way faster ;) I'll take a try :)

I will update my conversion settings for Wwise 2017 with the next version of SE for 2K18.

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

I will update my conversion settings for Wwise 2017 with the next version of SE for 2K18.

No problem, take your time man :) Downloading the WWISE 2017 version ;)

17 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I've found a work around for the time being - I'm using the old method of using RAD video tools and putting the titantron with the music.

Just now, spoooook said:

I've found a work around for the time being - I'm using the old method of using RAD video tools and putting the titantron with the music.

I think that's the best way for now until SE 2018 has been released.

I think that's the best way for now until SE 2018 has been released.

How do you convert with the wwise program btw? Do I put that in sound editor 2017 afterwards too?

Edited by spoooook

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Could you possibly share which file it is that you're attempting to import custom themes into?

2 hours ago, M_RiGGz said:

Could you possibly share which file it is that you're attempting to import custom themes into?

There are a lot of files this year, many of them have duplicate entries. I have tried it with music_X_m.pck. Seems like misc/non original themes now have their own sound file(s) (music_misc), which is good (if it's working).

Edited by TheVisitorX

36 minutes ago, Hound_tv said:

so all we have to do is update to the latest version of wwise and it should all work the same like in 2k17?

No, an updated version of SE is still needed because without that you can't open some of the new pck files and the sound conversion isn't working right, because the Wwise template needs to be updated, too. And you will also need new wem files...

But in the meantime - if you prefer to do it manually - Wwise 2017 should be enough.

Edited by TheVisitorX

On 10/17/2017 at 10:34 PM, spoooook said:

It dosen't work properly.
The titantron restarts after every scene: intro,stage,ramp....so yeah

Edit: It works only if you use "easy creation" when you edit your custom superstar. For some reason, if you use "advance creation" it gets screwed up and it repeats itself after every scene cut(intro,stage,ramp etc.)

Edited by rhazzy

I think this is the same crap with WWE 2k15, there is a checksum checking all the songs to see if the file is the same size and byte type in hertz. I had to really search through all the hex code in WWE 2k15 just to find the checksums for the jukebox. Then I replaced the checksums with zero data. Hopefully we won't have to do this for every theme we try to inject.

WWE 2k15 was such a broken piece of garbage that I had to make this meme:

3JmUKjd.jpg

More info here:

I don't know about you guys but I don't even bother with injecting the themes. I just set the music to none for my created superstars and then play the themes I want in the background with Windows Media Player.

I have a special keyboard with media controls so it is very easy to do. If you want to do the same, I suggest buying the CMSTORM Devastator keyboard and mouse bundle. It is the best keyboard and mouse I have ever used and they even light up! They come in Blue and Red as well, Get blissed off with Alexa Bliss's signature colors!

Check it out at Cooler Master: http://www.coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/devastator/

Edited by Alexa Blissed Off

On 20/10/2017 at 1:56 AM, rhazzy said:

It dosen't work properly.
The titantron restarts after every scene: intro,stage,ramp....so yeah

Edit: It works only if you use "easy creation" when you edit your custom superstar. For some reason, if you use "advance creation" it gets screwed up and it repeats itself after every scene cut(intro,stage,ramp etc.)

works fine with advanced entrance too, tried it myself and got no prob, as long as the tron is long enough to cover the whole entrance.

the prob is you can't set titantron for victory so no victory music, so it's probably better to add music to wall tron or minitron