Ghostbuster Reboot Female Cast revealed

The 4th Doctor

Ghostbusters (Reboot) / 27 Jan 2015
Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed: Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon & Jones
Paul Feig is directing.

By Steve WattsSeveral well-known comedic actresses are said to be in negotiations for the new Ghostbusters movie.

Former and current SNL cast members Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones are all in early talks for the film, according to Variety. Earlier this week, director Paul Feig confirmed that Melissa McCarthy was in talks as well.

Sources reportedly claim Cecily Strong is likely to play a government official, similar to William Atherton's role in the first Ghostbusters film.

Feig himself tweeted this image today of his quartet of ghostbustin' leads:

Feig has said that the new movie will pay homage to the original, and acknowledge those stories. He's trying to steer clear of self-parody, and instead is hoping to bring the franchise into the "new generation."
From IGN.com

ilzyud.jpg

Bridesmaids was the worst movie I ever watched, it was aimed purely at women, which is a fucking joke seeing how every movie aimed at men also has to have love interest now to keep women happy. Its looking like ghostbusters reboot ia, with that cast and director, going to be female humour again... It needs to fuck off and die

Who the fuck thought that bringing fatass McCarthy into this would be a good idea?

I'm still calling bullshit lol

The last time They were approached about doing a reboot of the series it was the same reaction that back to the future gave (regarding a BTTF part 4) that they didn't want anything to ruin what they had already built

Edited by Jai Returns

What a dissapointing cast :( i have waited for many years for a new film and they finally do it after ramis's death (bastards) and this is how GB3 is gonna be? All women? Its a boys/men film i know girls like ghostbusters but it was orinally boys/men film! Why wreck it by putting a whole female cast? Wouldnt be so bad if one main character was a woman but the whole lot full of moaning women?? Ffs :(

Edited by mrjordanreece87

I don't think calling it disappointing purely on the cast being all female is a great argument. I'm not a big fan of what I know of the casts previous work, but attributing that to their gender is short sighted to say the least.

Edited by Curb Stomper