Upload of a Chris Benoit Face Texture Will Result in a Two Week Ban

Sunny

NwniGEl.png2aGCU3U.png
4B7BGK9.jpg

Before some of our expert analysts and gamer gurus jump the shark and say that they've known about this news for weeks, let me be the first to say that it is was speculation then, but it's confirmed now.

WWE 2K Community Manager Marcus Stephenson has affirmed that anything uploaded to WWE 2K15's Community Creations server which relates to the likeness of Chris Benoit will be deleted and result in a two week suspension preventing use of the servers. The word coined to describe the adjournment is a "ban" and should be noted as temporary. There is no information available as of yet whether repeated violations would result in permanent expulsion.

While it is completely understandable, CAW enthusiasts alike have another checklist to add among their rather excessive list of exclusions in the once renowned mode especially due to a lack of public service announcement and the ability to upload Benoit related CAWS last year which was a title under 2K. The reason implemented in this situation was that the game is a result of a WWE product and it was specifically mentioned under a policy he was notified of. While WWE neglects to acknowledge the existence of other promotions such as ROH, CZW, EVOLVE, Dragon Gate USA, CHIKARA, NJPW or even TNA, users can upload those wrestlers' likeness as they wish on Community Creations.

This is a warning to anyone who was innocently uploading a Chris Benoit CAW and putting in endless hours on a texture or moveset of any kind without any prior knowledge due to the poor setup of communication between management in 2K as earlier discussed. While the words "The Rabid Wolverine" can be stitched in the announcer introduction and signature moves like the Crossface and Diving Headbutt have been included to return into this year's annual release, 2K have exercised their stringent approach of spontaneously excommunicating anything to do with Benoit twenty one months after acquiring the WWE license with the reason simply put forth as, "It is a WWE product."

With .CAS files a thing of the past, it remains to be seen whether there will be a way to circumvent this issue.

Source: Twitter Edited by Sunny

ย 

I hope Im not banned now.

FACE TEXTURE!

ย 

ย 

you're missing their cause for concern, though. if 2K has an issue with people uploading Benoit face textures, how are they going to feel about people uploading Benoit CAWs and logos etc. logically, wouldn't this call for a similar punishment..

ย 

ย 

I hope Im not banned now.

FACE TEXTURE!

ย 

ย 

you're missing their cause for concern, though. if 2K has an issue with people uploading Benoit face textures, how are they going to feel about people uploading Benoit CAWs and logos etc. logically, wouldn't this call for a similar punishment..

ย 

I'm not defending it; I'm just saying I've seen tons of CAWs labelled 'Chris Benoit' that are still up but haven't seen one with a face texture.

okay.. i know i've been on the fence, defending both 2k and caw makers alike but yeah this is stupid.. if they are gonna ban someone by simply saying "it's a wwegame" then wtf, wouldn't that mean that TNA WWF ROH DragonGate, WCW, NJPW Creations would result in a ban too? I'm sorry i'm not biting.. it seems more than to just say we will ban you for uploading benoit face textures logos etc because it is a wwe game. This completely defeats the purpose of this mode. Seriously why give us a logo import tool when we can't use it to our advantage (barring obscenity gestures etc of course) this is utterly ridiculous and I call incompetence on 2k's part.

pkBzeA5.jpg

User Cory Bundick who was a victim while being unaware of 2K's stringent "no upload" Benoit policy has provided the following update. For those who think this is not noteworthy, I empathize with you as well, but, it should still be taken into account as it is relevant.

Hey guys, wanted to let everyone know that Marcus Stephenson and I (I'm the guy who started this Benoit thing inadvertently) talked and we worked this out. He pretty much said they wonโ€™t be banning people anymore for it (unless itโ€™s really offensive) but will be removing them when they pop up. I am also being un-banned.
Thanks to everyone for the support on this, I really didn't think this would blow up like this, I honestly just wanted to know why I was banned.

For Brotch:

etwas, etwas, etwas, zu zitieren. etwas, etwas.

It's BS. If apparently, WWE have ordered 2K to do this? Then WTF were we able to upload Benoit content in previous games? Seriously? And to NOT inform people BEFORE the game was released?? That's a complete joke. The whole point with Create A Wrestler is so we can create whoever the hell we want.

Edited by IXIVintageIXI

It's BS. If apparently, WWE have ordered 2K to do this? Then WTF were we able to upload Benoit content in previous games? Seriously? And to NOT inform people BEFORE the game was released?? That's a complete joke. The whole point with Create A Wrestler is so we can create whoever the hell we want.

Then create whoever you want, there's no stopping you. Just don't upload Benoit to CC.

ย 

Then create whoever you want, there's no stopping you. Just don't upload Benoit to CC.

ย 

ย 

Uhhh.... without his texture/logos = no Benoit. Morphing sucks this year without using face textures.

Hey man, I morphed the shit outta my Benoit CAW, speak for yourself!

too bad there's no way at all to share the formula lol I'd like to duplicate it. But i'm not sure (haven't used caw mode or the game in about 4 days now) if there are morph numbers at all lol