Monster Energy - Discussion

twiggadoodledoo

monsterenergy.png

What's your thoughts on it? And energy drinks in general?

I personally really like the stuff and drink about 2 day when I'm working and maybe 1 or 2 on the weekend. Addiction? Possibly.

I know there are rumours flying about the internet about it giving you bollock cancer and type-2 diabetes and shit, but surely then this shouldn't be legal to at least market/promote and buy!

One last thing:

:yes

I like the green Monster drink.

But to be honest drinking Monster Energy's drink so much causes deaths.

Some people here in Spain died because of drinking so much Monster drink.

Really? I didn't actually think there had been deaths resulting from drinking too much monster!

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but have you got a reliable source?

Really? I didn't actually think there had been deaths resulting from drinking too much monster!

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but have you got a reliable source?

Here is a source: this is not from Spain but it's still being a source of Monster energy causing deaths

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/lawsuit/monster-energy-drink-deaths-hospitalizations.html#.U1JH7fQW2uk

Energy drinks are digusting. They don't taste nice and they rot away at your stomach. The only time I ever drink them is as a mixer with gin or vodka, but even then it's not a first choice mixer. The only one I really like the taste of is Orange Lucozade, but I don't drink it anymore, or any caffeine products really. I like to drink water more.

The cause of death was “cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity complicating mitral valve regurgitation in the setting of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

The unfortunate case of the 14 year old girl who died, had complications anyway, so to assume that Monster WERE the cause in my eyes weren't as she already had problems.

And a lot of other cases involve intolerance to caffeine and over-exhaustion when drinking Monster instead of water as it's stimulants dehydrate the body.

I've had a lot of experience in the past with heart-rate-elevating concuntions and I don't believe that Monster will be the death of me lol.

I've tried Monster, Rockstar, and Redbull. For the most part they tasted fine, but...I had heard the stories about it being bad for you, and causing deaths so I stopped drinking them very shortly after. Just not something I'm willing to risk.

Just for your info, the "M" is actually the Hebrew symbol for six. That means the logo is 666.

I've seen that picture doing the rounds on the internet about that logic. This doesnt literally mean it's the Devil's drink though lol

I am a fan of Monster. When I'm working or have to get up early that's the first thing I reach for. The only downside is over the years I'm fair sure they've had a negative effect on my stomach. Now realize when I say this I've been drinking energy drink (not every day) since X-Pac would come to the ring with a can of Hansen's Energy... I was a dumb kid. But they amount of energy drinks, mostly Monster, has surely caught up with me. if I try to drink a green Monster on an empty stomach, I'll be paying for it  the rest of the day. Since realizing that I've been weening myself off of green Monster, and energy drinks as a whole. I've noticed the Orange Rehab and Ultra Blue don't have the same effect on me so they have become my drink of choice when I need it.

I wouldn't want to go back to drinking them 7 days a week. The damage constantly drinking those things can do sucks... and realizing they have no effect on you anymore sucks even more. I still love them and have a can from time to time when I'm not doing anything (IE; with brother "Want a Monster?" "Fuck yeah, grab smokes too.") but those days are few and far between.

On a side note, Mountain Dew has Kickstart which aren't bad, at $1 a can I'm sure they're worse for you than Monster but there are times you don't care and need energy lest you want rug burn on your ass from it draggin all day.

don't have a problem with energy drinks but that amount of them, 2 a day, will be doing you much more harm than good. dicks about with your heart rate, is laden with sugar and does a number on your stomach. on top of that, most of them only have similar caffeine boosts that you'd get from coffee. 

more importantly, if you're drinking it every day, its most likely no longer providing the service you think it does as your body is too used to it and as such is only doing bad things to your health. 

lay off it for a while

I do agree with both Aero and The Don, and since being diagnosed with a certain bowel disease back in February, I have very limited energy some days and it really fucks with me while I'm trying to work, and Monster does give me the boost I need (placebo effect probably) but as my doctor has told me, stay off anything that affects my gut, and Monster doesn't seem to affect it.

I probably rely on it more than I should, but some days I may only have 1 or none, on the weekends I usually don't have any, and like I said, if I need a boost its cheaper (always on offer for £1 a can) than coffee and it provides me with what I need.

I'm probably going to get shot for this but energy drinks adon't give you what you want it is all psychological. If you can get yourself in a correct frame of mind you can give yourself that energy boost that you need without energy drinks. The stuff will get addictive if you drink alot of it, and then as yuo consume more and more it gets so interwoven in your body that your body thinks it needs it to survive on a daily basis much like nicotine or alcohol.