How to unlock Goldberg!

Smacktalks

First off you'll need to download Brienj's program from here.

-------------

Now here is what you must do to get Goldberg in the game. First off create a cas in the game and go ahead and name it GOLDBERG and choose ahead of time the nickname, size of wrestler etc... as they will effect how the Goldberg will play (meaning if you make Goldberg a lightweight now he won't be able to lift the heavy people).

Once you have done that get the GOLDBERG.K CAS file located in the save directory and copy it to your HD and rename it to anything you want place this in the same directory the resign program is. You will now need the Goldberg.k file from the DVD.WAD using the program MultiEX Commander place this inside the resign program directory also. Once you have that open the renamed GOLDBERG.K CAS file in a Hex Editor and the Goldberk.k file inside of another running copy of the Hex Editor XVI32 is what I used and it worked fine.

If you compare the two files you will notice a difference at the beginning of the two fies. The Goldberg.k original file from the DVD.WAD doesn't have the file size and Signature inside of it. You must copy and paste the file size and signature from the CAS Goldberg file into the original Goldberg file. Here are pictures to show this part:

Comparing the two files:

http://img290.echo.cx/img290/4537/goldbergk8yb.jpg

Copy and Pasted from CAS file to Goldberg File:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/sup.../goldbergk2.jpg

Once you have inserted the Sig and File Size into the original Goldberg file you need to save it then open a command prompt and change to the directory where brienj's resign program is. You then type resign goldberg.k this will give you the new signature and file size you will need to update inside of the Hex Editor. So go back to the Hex editor and change the File Size and Signature to what is shown in the program. Here is an example picture that shows the position where the file size and sig are located.

File Size and Sig in Hex Program:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/sup...n_sonic/HEX.jpg

If you need help converting from File Size to Hex this site is useful. Note that the Hex is written backwards inside the Hex Editor so for the number 39055 in hex this 00 00 98 8F but in the program you would write 8F 98 00 00:

http://www.maths.hscripts.com/decimalConverter.php

Once you have inserted the new Sig and File Size into the goldberg.k file using the Hex Editor go ahead and save it. Now the file is ready to put back into the Save directory.

Run the game and you will now have Goldberg's model instead of the CAS.

Edited by Smacktalks

I don't have the game or an X-Box but this is brilliant m0ts. A moment that shall live forever throughout the future of wrestling games. And for that I thank you

this all works i know people who have goldberg now but please if anyone can do this as well please post their modded save here so everyone can have goldberg

• 2 weeks later...

from what ive gathered its impossible to get goldberg through a save, cheat device or any other form of file sharing.

The ONLY way is to hack your own xbox

which would be pretty pointless come on goldberg is the crappest guy around and the texture is a simple texture thing from a raw 2 file i compared them and there completeley the same texture

It wasnt me that hacked him lol, anyway KRadiation is correct, you cant get Goldberg through a save game file, you'll have to edit your xbox to get him unfortunetly :(

Can someone please tell me how to get my HDD key and please make it at simple as possible i'm not very good at this. I have a modded xbox and i'm running evox dash and i have mechassault.

• 6 months later...

I've gotten the programs needed to unlock Goldberg but when I try to extract the goldberg.k file from the dvd.wad file from the game I get this error: MEX File to extract exceeds archive set size Size+Off>TL, TL=78753116.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

• 5 years later...

hey guys i have a some big shocking news on how to get the real goldberg i tryed this i dont know if its some glitch or code i almost fanted when i do this yo not joking man been playing this game almost every day first beat the carrer mode on each difficulty 10 tmes i know i was crazy to do this then beat every match thats in the game on legend difficulty unlock everything in shope zone now go to your profil go create new prfile name it goldberg now but you only can use him in singels match for some reason not the other macthes in the game go singles you will see his face rigth after andre the gaint he has a angrey look click A to play him and you will have so much fun and his ovral is 90 his wicked hes fast hes so cool and thats how i golberg get you can try or you can put his copy file in the game but it wont be so good cuse he doesnt have his own moves.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...