Custom Commentary Audio Files for 2K14 with Gorilla/Jesse Now Available To Download! (WIP)

denbigh7

If any of you have been following my posts, questions and outright begging over the past few years for help on creating custom commentary, that dream has become a reality!

From people like @Red Rooster and @stlpowercat helping me obtain the tools, spreadsheets and know-how in order to edit sound files via Hex editing, to the magnificent @TheVisitorX creating a new version of Sound Editor that allows us to very simply import WEMS directly into the 2K14 sound files, I am SO GRATEFUL for this community!

This is a link to download both the Comm.pck and the Game_Sound_M.pck files, as well as 3 .xml files for the Sound Editor database.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13K6HGVqNb8EmGknNOWlx7LA1vLEQq8le?usp=share_link

Installation is extremely simple:

1. Make a backup of your 2K14 Comm.pck and Game_Sound_M.pck files

2. Copy my Comm.pck and Game_Sound_M.pck files into your Games/Wrestling Legends/Sound folder.

That's it! No need to update the arc, no need worry about size, etc. 

The .xml files go into your Sound Editor/database/2K14 folder and are only necessary if you want to use Sound Editor and view/edit any of the sound files for 2K14. I'd say I have about 90% of all the files in both pck files labeled. (including commentary, ring announcements, etc.)

THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:

1. You can use this with either the vanilla version of 2K14 or Wrestling Legends, but keep in mind that I am creating it to have a retro WWF feel. The only commentators I plan on using are Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura. (Though one day I may create a seperate NWA version with Jim Ross/Tony Schivone, but that's probably way in the future.) You're welcome to work on your own versions for the Attitude Era, etc. but that's just not my thing, so please don't ask.

2. I'm an 80s WWF guy. To that end, I don't care about any wrestler past about 1993. Because of that, I have replaced Chris Jericho's sound files with Adrian Adonis, Eddie Guerrero with Paul Orndorff and The Big Show with Barry Windham. Right now, it's mostly just their call names and some commentary, but in time, I'm hoping to replace all their commentary. I have inserted mods of Adonis, Orndorff and Windham into those respective slots in my game, and will probably continue to replace some of the other main menu guys that I don't care about (Brock, HHH, etc.) with WWF guys. The good thing is that if you want to change things to your liking, it's relatively easy to do so, it just takes time to find commentary, convert to WEMS and insert.

3. I have replaced roughly 125 audio files in the game. It's taken a bit of work to do that, but it's a mere drop in the bucket. If you play a match, you'll hear some changes, but there's still a long way to go before we can have a whole match with just retro commentary. Working on it.....

4. If you're playing Wrestling Legends, you'll probably hear the most changes if you use the Wrestling Superstars Arena (the top left selection). Also, in my game I've replaced one of the ECW arenas with a World Class Arena (see one of my previous posts), and I've tweaked some of the commentary to reflect that. (Pretty cool to hear Gorilla/Jesse talk about Texas and the Von Erichs!)

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

• 2 months later...

Update on my commentary mod for 2K14!

Thus far, I've replaced over 400 lines of commentary and entrance calls with authentic commentary from Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura. Still have a ways to go, but I can make it through over half a match with 80's commentary, and I can tell you......it really changes things! (I never want to hear about people's educated feet again for the rest of my life!)

Check out this sample video of some highlighted commentary. This is not a video with commentary edited in post-production.....this is legit commentary that has been inserted into the game via the Sound Editor!

https://streamable.com/u4hvtx

• Like 4