1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

I could possibly implement something like this, but does it really make sense? What if an entry has no name? Should it use the id?

I guess that would make the most sense. Not really a problem having them export using file id's, just I've got a PCK containing all my wem's from previous games and being able to export using sound name would be a nice feature. Thanks again!

7 minutes ago, trioxin1331 said:

I guess that would make the most sense. Not really a problem having them export using file id's, just I've got a PCK containing all my wem's from previous games and being able to export using sound name would be a nice feature. Thanks again!

Of course it makes sense in a case like this. I think you will be able to do more with the name than with an ID. So you are always forced to listen to the file beforehand (which is not so easy with wem ^^). Okay, you convinced me, it makes sense ^^

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jordan541000 said:

I downloaded you latest release for identify work and again sound editor not work for ps4 🙂

Yes... Because the setup wasn't version 1.2, it was version 1.0 again! I don't get it... I deleted the setup again and uploaded it again and now it works. Confusing.

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 minutes ago, miguel88 said:

what does "save space by indexing files'? do you  recommend to turn on?

Better leave it disabled. This function is purely experimental! That's why it's disabled by default. The function indexes every open PCK file and remembers the respective sizes. Normally, files that are larger are always written at the end. If the function is active, the old slots (where the size was too small) are set to inactive. If a file is later smaller than this free area, it will be written there, which can save memory.

• Like 1

Install vc2015redist_x64.exe and maybe also vc2013redist_x64.exe.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

If that didn't help, I need more information, which means:

- Which OS?
- Which language?
- Path to your wem export directory
- Filename of your file which you want to convert

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

That's why the function is also experimental. The detection cannot recognize every file, but it should be able to identify some. But it always depends on the hardware used, since the detection takes place on your PC. Here on my PC (and it really isn't the newest) it works quite well. It goes through the list and sometimes recognizes things, sometimes not, and sometimes it just recognizes some crap ^^ It's just because the RAs aren't really 'natural' and sometimes even for people difficult to understand ^^ 

And of course the recognition only recognizes speech, not music! ^^

Edited by TheVisitorX

55 minutes ago, DemonsDecay said:

It's not working.

See the video.

Again, i change the music on SE and it show's that it is changed, but in game the music doesn't change!

This is strange, very strange... I just changed the same file on my end, exactly as you did... and it's working for me. With American Patriot. It's also not technically possible for the file to be overwritten but not change in-game. How could that be possible? If it's gone, it's gone. Try opening the file again and see if the sound was really changed. I'm actually curious about that. Otherwise, please send me the PCK file so that I can have a look.

A new version 1.3.0.0 has been released. It is now possible to export sounds via their name. Thanks  @trioxin1331 for the suggestion!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Too Sweet 1

• TheVisitorX changed the title to [Released] Sound Editor Version 1.3.0.0 BETA
1 hour ago, DemonsDecay said:

It's not working.

See the video.

Again, i change the music on SE and it show's that it is changed, but in game the music doesn't change!

It would be really cool to get your PCK file. Perhaps some form of caching/prefetching is happening on your end, although it would surprise me. However, it is most likely that the file could not be written... but then an error should also appear. Curious indeed.

As always, thanks for your incredible tool and for sharing it so freely with the community.

I'm about to ask a really dumb question, but 'you have not because you ask not', so.....

Is there any chance at all that this version of SE will edit the sound pck file for WWE2K14? (I realize you said it goes down to 2K16, but I just had to ask.)

If not, do you have a different tool or older version of SE that will more easily edit the sound pck file for 2K14? I'm really big into that game (and the Wrestling Legends mod that goes with it) and I've been focused on editing the commentary in it. It took me about a year, but I finally figured out how to edit the sound for it via hex, creating WEMS with an older version of WWise, etc. It works, but it's extremely tedious. I made a YouTube tutorial video for it to help others, but if there's an easier method, it would change my life.

Any chance you have a tool that could more easily identify the thousands of commentary wav files for 2K14 and/or have a tool that would more easily insert new wems without using hex? Again, I realize this is an ancient game for most people here, but for a core group of us, it's still our favorite 2K wrestling game. 

38 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

As always, thanks for your incredible tool and for sharing it so freely with the community.

I'm about to ask a really dumb question, but 'you have not because you ask not', so.....

Is there any chance at all that this version of SE will edit the sound pck file for WWE2K14? (I realize you said it goes down to 2K16, but I just had to ask.)

If not, do you have a different tool or older version of SE that will more easily edit the sound pck file for 2K14? I'm really big into that game (and the Wrestling Legends mod that goes with it) and I've been focused on editing the commentary in it. It took me about a year, but I finally figured out how to edit the sound for it via hex, creating WEMS with an older version of WWise, etc. It works, but it's extremely tedious. I made a YouTube tutorial video for it to help others, but if there's an easier method, it would change my life.

Any chance you have a tool that could more easily identify the thousands of commentary wav files for 2K14 and/or have a tool that would more easily insert new wems without using hex? Again, I realize this is an ancient game for most people here, but for a core group of us, it's still our favorite 2K wrestling game. 

Did you already try a pck file from 2K14? I couldn't test it yet, but a file from 2K15 seems to work, at least it was possible to open it, not sure if import does work, too, because they have used an older wwise version. Maybe it does work with the latest version, too?

Regarding sounds: There is a new 'inspection' tool included in the latest release, that one uses AI (speech2text) to recognize the files, but it's not really accurate in most cases. It works fine in some and bad in others, but it possibly saves some time. It's called whisper, by openAI.

Here is the official site:

https://github.com/openai/whisper

if you want to read or get some more information. That is what SE uses, but there are several other implementations in different programming languages.

I have thought several times about including some kind of sound pack mass import, i.e. that you can pack several wem files into an archive and import this via SE. I then mostly rejected this idea, although it would be technically possible (at least if it's all in one and the same pck file).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Did you already try a pck file from 2K14? I couldn't test it yet, but a file from 2K15 seems to work, at least it was possible to open it, not sure if import does work, too, because they have used an older wwise version. Maybe it does work with the latest version, too?

Regarding sounds: There is a new 'inspection' tool included in the latest release, that one uses AI (speech2text) to recognize the files, but it's not really accurate in most cases. It works fine in some and bad in others, but it possibly saves some time. It's called whisper, by openAI.

Here is the official site:

https://github.com/openai/whisper

if you want to read or get some more information. That is what SE uses, but there are several other implementations in different programming languages.

I have thought several times about including some kind of sound pack mass import, i.e. that you can pack several wem files into an archive and import this via SE. I then mostly rejected this idea, although it would be technically possible (at least if it's all in one and the same pck file).

Thanks so much for the info!

I did try to open the .pck file from 2K14 with the new SE and it gives me an "Error: Couldn't load PCK file" message, so I'm guessing it's not compatible. 

I'll definitely check out the inspection tool, because anything that would save some time sorting through files (especially commentary ones) would be incredibly helpful!

19 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It would be really cool to get your PCK file. Perhaps some form of caching/prefetching is happening on your end, although it would surprise me. However, it is most likely that the file could not be written... but then an error should also appear. Curious indeed.

i've uploaded the file for you to take a look in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AjWUeon93hLPAFArYDzrLz_WZrEXl7AB/view?usp=sharing

• Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, DemonsDecay said:

i've uploaded the file for you to take a look in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AjWUeon93hLPAFArYDzrLz_WZrEXl7AB/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the file. I've checked it. The import worked and it's exactly as I told you, something is cached on your side. I've imported your file and I hear your theme and no longer American Patriot. Check whether you really changed the right place or whether some kind of caching is active in the background (some external software, your SSD or some internal file cache). Maybe try to clear your temporary files. The file and import itself worked perfectly!

Edited by TheVisitorX

9 minutes ago, jordan541000 said:

it's possible make new version of caketool? for wwe 2k23 ps4 or not possible? 😊

AFAIK a new CakeTools release will come in late April, April 20. if I remember correctly. But I'm not the dev of this tool ^^

I'm assuming this is something I'm doing wrong, but for some reason mp3 files will not load to the sound converter. Wav, ogg and txt files all work, so it's not a huge issue, but it's a bit of a pain when I have a bunch of mp3s to use.

24 minutes ago, travysuxx said:

I'm assuming this is something I'm doing wrong, but for some reason mp3 files will not load to the sound converter. Wav, ogg and txt files all work, so it's not a huge issue, but it's a bit of a pain when I have a bunch of mp3s to use.

There is a file validation before it is added to the list. Seems like your mp3 file has some issues, maybe because its another format. Another user have had the same problem.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

There is a file validation before it is added to the list. Seems like your mp3 file has some issues, maybe because its another format. Another user have had the same problem.

Thanks, I'll try recoding them and see if that works.

EDIT: That, in fact, was the issue! Thanks for your help!

Edited by travysuxx
  • Yes! 1