First time using this program. In the program after editing the song and changing it. I see it has the name editable on the left. Will it show up in the game with the new name of the song? If so will it be alphabetical or not?

2 minutes ago, xbox4wwe said:

First time using this program. In the program after editing the song and changing it. I see it has the name editable on the left. Will it show up in the game with the new name of the song? If so will it be alphabetical or not?

The names you see listed in the Sound Editor are simply for reference in Sound Editor. It will not change the actual names of songs in the game. But you will be able to change the files/music, etc. 

Example: In Sound Editor, let's say you see Undertaker's theme song listed. You want to replace it with Michael Jackson's Thriller. You created a compatible WEM and insert it into the Undertakers theme song slot. In the game, it will still show up as Undertaker's Theme, but it will play Michael Jackson's Thriller. Make sense? 

2 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

The names you see listed in the Sound Editor are simply for reference in Sound Editor. It will not change the actual names of songs in the game. But you will be able to change the files/music, etc. 

Example: In Sound Editor, let's say you see Undertaker's theme song listed. You want to replace it with Michael Jackson's Thriller. You created a compatible WEM and insert it into the Undertakers theme song slot. In the game, it will still show up as Undertaker's Theme, but it will play Michael Jackson's Thriller. Make sense? 

ok thanks. one more thing. im trying to convert an .mp3 to .wem but im getting "conversion to wem failed". What am i missing?

5 minutes ago, xbox4wwe said:

ok thanks. one more thing. im trying to convert an .mp3 to .wem but im getting "conversion to wem failed". What am i missing?

Mine does that too. Unfortunately, it seems as though the built-in convertor isn't working. 

I have a tutorial video for editing audio in WWE2K14. The first part of that video includes a tutorial on how to make WEMS that will work in older games like 2K14/15. The program you need is called WWise and I have a download link in my YouTube description. Download it and follow the first part of the video on how to make WEMS. It's pretty easy. Keep in mind, this version of WWise is for older games like 2K14/15. If you are needing to make WEMS for 2K23, etc, you probably need a newer version of WWise than I'm providing. 

34 minutes ago, denbigh7 said:

Mine does that too. Unfortunately, it seems as though the built-in convertor isn't working. 

I have a tutorial video for editing audio in WWE2K14. The first part of that video includes a tutorial on how to make WEMS that will work in older games like 2K14/15. The program you need is called WWise and I have a download link in my YouTube description. Download it and follow the first part of the video on how to make WEMS. It's pretty easy. Keep in mind, this version of WWise is for older games like 2K14/15. If you are needing to make WEMS for 2K23, etc, you probably need a newer version of WWise than I'm providing. 

Heres a question, how can i get ahold of Sound editor 2022?  Maybe i can get them to work that way.

49 minutes ago, xbox4wwe said:

Heres a question, how can i get ahold of Sound editor 2022?  Maybe i can get them to work that way.

Did you install the vcredist files that I have mentioned here?

On 4/26/2023 at 1:06 AM, TheVisitorX said:

It was already mentioned here, look three post above yours xD. They have to install vcredist (the right version 2013 + 2015). Even if they claim they have it. Windows 11 unfortunately comes without and the error indicates exactly that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15TxqjFvUG7PzjtsRZl6n0X_GyOtZ_QN1/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrSCBhtxgQ2lmjaUStgBZS1sGaqTEs6z/view?usp=sharing

This one

Edited by TheVisitorX

Hi there, Have the Generic Themes in the Sound Editor been figured out yet?

Awesome Sound Editor as always, thank you for all the work you and everyone have continued to do. 

1 minute ago, ViP3R2k26 said:

Hi there, Have the Generic Themes in the Sound Editor been figured out yet?

Awesome Sound Editor as always, thank you for all the work you and everyone have continued to do. 

As far as I know, the generic ones are only for MyRise/MyGm. Otherwise, with few exceptions, everything should be named. A large portion of the themes can be found in the music_8.pck (such as Hardcore, Steel).

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, TheVisitorX said:

It was already mentioned here, look three post above yours xD. They have to install vcredist (the right version 2013 + 2015). Even if they claim they have it. Windows 11 unfortunately comes without and the error indicates exactly that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15TxqjFvUG7PzjtsRZl6n0X_GyOtZ_QN1/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrSCBhtxgQ2lmjaUStgBZS1sGaqTEs6z/view?usp=sharing

Thank you. I did not see this. It worked for me now.

20 minutes ago, xbox4wwe said:

Thank you. I did not see this. It worked for me now.

Great :) I will try to integrate these dependencies in the setup in the future or have them installed if necessary, because the demand has come more frequently now.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Sorry if its been brought up but, everytime I import a song into the sound editor my game refuses to load. I get "an error occurred while updating wwe 2k23 (invalid Platform) and have to re verify my files before I can play the game, without custom songs. Any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Bdizzle355 said:

Sorry if its been brought up but, everytime I import a song into the sound editor my game refuses to load. I get "an error occurred while updating wwe 2k23 (invalid Platform) and have to re verify my files before I can play the game, without custom songs. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, but I've never heard of such a problem and honestly I can't imagine that it has anything to do with the sounds at all. I would completely reinstall the game without any other mods. Like I said, I don't think it's an issue with the sounds, SE doesn't do anything other than what the game would do. If it would be sound related then it would probably crash or freeze during gameplay, but the game would be still able to start. You can send me your pck file, but I don't see much chances here. Sorry that I can't help you there :/

Edited by TheVisitorX

Can you help me please?

Whenever I try to use the sound converter I keep getting this error:

"Wwise.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b). Click OK to close the application"

I never had this issue using  the old soundeditor but i'm unable to download the old one as you have removed the downloads for them. Could you  please show me how to fix this error or make the old version available?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, cyrex said:

Can you help me please?

Whenever I try to use the sound converter I keep getting this error:

"Wwise.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b). Click OK to close the application"

I never had this issue using  the old soundeditor but i'm unable to download the old one as you have removed the downloads for them. Could you  please show me how to fix this error or make the old version available?  Thanks!

I have mentioned the fix multiple times in this thread it is because of the missing dependencies! 

15 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sorry, but I've never heard of such a problem and honestly I can't imagine that it has anything to do with the sounds at all. I would completely reinstall the game without any other mods. Like I said, I don't think it's an issue with the sounds, SE doesn't do anything other than what the game would do. If it would be sound related then it would probably crash or freeze during gameplay, but the game would be still able to start. You can send me your pck file, but I don't see much chances here. Sorry that I can't help you there :/

That's just it, my game is vanilla. Other than trying to import songs into the game. I tried a fresh install, played the game without importing songs, exited, tried to import a song and got the same error immediately when trying to launch it. :(  Insert image from URL

18 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Same thing seems to be happening to me. I used only the Sound Editor and as soon as I edit any of the music, I get that same Invalid Platform error and have to re-validate my files (which removes the modded sound files and replaces them with the vanilla ones again).

Hello. Thanks for the amazing work. Please understand that I'm posting this question on behalf of someone trying to make a video using your tool and I don't own a copy of WWE 2k23 myself, so the extent of details I can provide regarding the game setups is limited. I'll still try to be as thorough as possible.

We're trying to get custom entrance music working on multiplayer. The issue is, there's a bug where players' entrance music get mixed up or one player's music that was already played gets played over another player's music. Here are additional information and trials and errors concerning the issue.

- There are no problems in the singleplayer mode.
- Skipping the entrance scene results in a bug where the camera only captures the stands instead of the superstar.
- If the player hasn't downloaded the custom avatars of other players, their entrance music simply do not play at all.

- There is a consistent pattern in which the music get mixed up. We had 5 players involved in the testing who we'll refer to as Host, S, J, H, and K. Host didn't use a custom avatar so there was no problem with him. S and K's music always got switched. J's music always played correctly in his turn, but it also always played over H's music.

- We tried ensuring that all players have downloaded all other players' avatars and have completely identical list of music (pck) files. No success.

We understand that using this tool for multiplayer sessions might not be the intended purpose of this software. We also understand that the issues listed above might be completely unrelated to the tool and are rather issues of the game itself. Still, we really want to make this work and we'd like to ask for your help, for you are the person who has the knowledge about how your tool processes custom files. If there's anything that comes to your mind, we'd really appreciate it if you let us know.

Thanks again for the great software!

Just an update for @TheVisitorX: my invalid platform error seems to have randomly fixed itself. Not sure how or why, but I just left the game alone since last night and now I can load the game with the custom themes again.

• Like 1

Can you please add it where you can still search your files for sound conversion instead of drag and drop beacause i get a error everytime

I noticed in victory motions, the music plays later than at the start, like with some superstars' entrance music. I dunno if there's something in the files that'll fix that bug or what.

Thought I bring that to everyone's attention.