Thanks for answering all my questions.

I only currently changed very few files in the 4th pck with game OST.

Music and Ring announcer are the most important.

It seems like the IDs change yearly and previous xml files have to be rewritten and cannot be reused. I did manage to find a few audio IDs that are similar to last year.

Sound editor 2022 still works perfectly and for those who maybe waiting, you guys can use Sound Editor 2022 first but it does not have the relevant xml file and requires manual editting

The only issue is with cody rhodes entrance. Modifying his entrance in anyway seems to silence his entrance. I tried replacing western theme to cody and replace in adv creations and it wont work. The audio works, but when I save his entrance it becomes silent.

48 minutes ago, Kanetaker said:

Thanks for answering all my questions.

I only currently changed very few files in the 4th pck with game OST.

Music and Ring announcer are the most important.

It seems like the IDs change yearly and previous xml files have to be rewritten and cannot be reused. I did manage to find a few audio IDs that are similar to last year.

Sound editor 2022 still works perfectly and for those who maybe waiting, you guys can use Sound Editor 2022 first but it does not have the relevant xml file and requires manual editting

The only issue is with cody rhodes entrance. Modifying his entrance in anyway seems to silence his entrance. I tried replacing western theme to cody and replace in adv creations and it wont work. The audio works, but when I save his entrance it becomes silent.

Yes, unfortunately that's the case. The IDs are new every year, which means that all the work from the previous year has to be done again. That's also the reason why the work is so enormous. You can't just add something, you have to start completely from scratch every time! It's a lot of effort for something that only lasts for a maximum of one year! However, I also recently noticed that there are apparently still IDs that have not changed, although it is not known exactly whether they are still being used. It used to be common for the files to not be properly cleaned up, resulting in a lot of unused sounds accumulating. But maybe 2K has that under control now. In any case, apparently a lot of comments have been added for superstars who don't even exist in the game... so they seem to have already taken precautions for that ^^ 

I also read about the problem with Cody recently on Discord, but I think that's a special case. Because you can't simply assign it in the game itself either. Presumably, something was blocked by 2K in that case. Or it's just a bug, but I don't think so.

Alright I look forward to your mod. The first thing I search each year, whenever 2k releases a wwe game is sound editor. Such a pivotal tool and I cannot imagine the work and effort that goes into developing these modding tools. I have private messaged you before to make a small donation. If you a paypal link or any other link let me know where I can contribute.

All the best for your current development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarnathos said:

I would really appreciate that no one will push pressure to The VisitorX and let him the time to delevop the tool...Jesus Christ.

Keep patient guys

agreed i would rather  they take their time and get it done right then rush it out and risk it corrupting data and crashing the game 

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

2 hours ago, bmaverick said:

agreed i would rather  they take their time and get it done right then rush it out and risk it corrupting data and crashing the game 

Thank you very much for your understanding and your honest words. That's exactly the reason why I don't want to rush to release anything. I want to make sure that everything works properly before I release it. Especially since I've made quite a few changes here in the last few days. That's why there will be a small test with selected people before the release. And until then, SE 2022 is still running, so there is no hurry here.

• Too Sweet 2

57 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Thank you very much for your understanding and your honest words. That's exactly the reason why I don't want to rush to release anything. I want to make sure that everything works properly before I release it. Especially since I've made quite a few changes here in the last few days. That's why there will be a small test with selected people before the release. And until then, SE 2022 is still running, so there is no hurry here.

by this are you saying se22 works on 2k23?

hi ! Still using the SE 2022 and I have a problem with the converter since early March..
Everytime I try to convert any audio file, I Have a "file 0 conversion to wem failed".In admin mode or not, it refuses to work.

It worked last year , Had to re install it , and refuses to work now.

I can't use the Dynaudnorm either, it always tells me to start the tool  with administrator rights , but still doesnt work EVEN when its the case.

Any idea ?

Edited by Khraamer

22 hours ago, Khraamer said:

hi ! Still using the SE 2022 and I have a problem with the converter since early March..
Everytime I try to convert any audio file, I Have a "file 0 conversion to wem failed".In admin mode or not, it refuses to work.

It worked last year , Had to re install it , and refuses to work now.

I can't use the Dynaudnorm either, it always tells me to start the tool  with administrator rights , but still doesnt work EVEN when its the case.

Any idea ?

What filetype are you trying to convert? And if you converted it from youtube, which converter did you use?

So, here's another update:

In the last few days, many more minor improvements have been incorporated into the Sound Editor tool. I have now rewritten about 90% of the code. For example, sorting is now remembered when you sort by a certain column and then jump to another one, such as from English (us) to SFX or vice versa. The search term is also remembered. Data files are now based on a database, meaning that there is a separate folder for each version that can be dynamically added and selected. This allows you to specify your own database for different versions, since the IDs are different every year. This applies to all 3 xml files. In the future, I would like to extend this to include other changes, such as remembering certain paddings etc. Sound Editor will initially only be compatible with 2K22 and 2K23.

Importing into banks is now working, as does dynamically rearranging the bank and PCK files. However, further testing is still necessary. Furthermore, not all files in the sound banks are really sounds that can be listened to. I can't separate that at the moment. It's also difficult to test because you don't always know exactly where many sounds are used in the game. Now, I will go through the themes and see if everything still works, and expand the testing later.

screenshot-settings.jpg

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

Thank you! And the last update for today: I have decided to expand the Sound Converter. In the future, it will not only be possible to convert ogg, wav, and mp3 files, but you can also specify a txt file. Why txt? Quite simply! You can store links to YouTube videos line by line in the file. The tool recognizes the files, extracts the title, and automatically converts the videos to wav/wem later on. This makes SE more and more of an all-in-one tool. Even though the development has tied up much more time and resources than I originally planned...

screenshot-youtube-convert-1.jpg

screenshot-youtube-convert-2.jpg

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 2

sound editor 2022 it's not working on 2k23.

I replace a theme song with the new song and it doesn't change in game.

When i go back to sound editor and play the music that i just changed, it is indeed changed.

1 hour ago, DemonsDecay said:

sound editor 2022 it's not working on 2k23.

I replace a theme song with the new song and it doesn't change in game.

When i go back to sound editor and play the music that i just changed, it is indeed changed.

Then you did something wrong. The format has not changed in 2K23 and some have already replaced themes in 2K23. If you overwrite the theme and still hear the original in the game, then it is very likely that you have replaced the wrong theme, because otherwise you would continue to hear the old one in SE as well.

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Then you did something wrong. The format has not changed in 2K23 and some have already replaced themes in 2K23. If you overwrite the theme and still hear the original in the game, then it is very likely that you have replaced the wrong theme, because otherwise you would continue to hear the old one in SE as well.

i'll give you an example. I changed finn's theme, that is on music_2.pck, to his old one. I placed the wem file in his slot and on the SE the song is changed, and it plays the song i imported. When i go to the game, the music is still the original. I have no idea what am i doing wrong. Is there any other slot for the theme song that i don't know about it?

On 3/30/2023 at 6:39 PM, DemonsDecay said:

i'll give you an example. I changed finn's theme, that is on music_2.pck, to his old one. I placed the wem file in his slot and on the SE the song is changed, and it plays the song i imported. When i go to the game, the music is still the original. I have no idea what am i doing wrong. Is there any other slot for the theme song that i don't know about it?

Have you updated the custom data .xml file in the Sound Editor root folder? That was the problem i had and it works fine now

I'm happy to announce that the new version of SE will also be compatible with WWE 2K19. All PCK files down to 2K16 can be opened, exported and listened to. The import has at least also been confirmed for 2K19. I also included the database posted in the old SE thread, many themes and RA are named with it. In theory, the SE should work with all previous titles. I'm planning a beta test with a smaller group this week. If nothing goes wrong, the beta will go live for everyone by Easter.

• Like 6
  • Too Sweet 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:48 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sure, it does still work with 2K23.

On 3/29/2023 at 1:10 PM, TheVisitorX said:

And another screenshot from the TTS dialog, which is still a WIP feature

screenshot-tts.jpg

On 4/1/2023 at 2:11 PM, enigma904 said:

Have you updated the custom data .xml file in the Sound Editor root folder? That was the problem i had and it works fine now

how do you update it