Sound Editor  [Released: Version 2.2.0.0]

It's time! After several weeks of work, the new version of the Sound Editor is finally live and comes with a lot of new features.

But first:

A big thank you goes to Mark/Rampage for allowing me to include his data.xml for 2K23. Also, a big thank you to all other authors of the data files from previous releases like Living Human, iTwistedSpartan and others.

This was not my work and it wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Thank you to everyone who helps and provides their data! And thanks to all the kind words and people who have supported me with donations before! It motivates me a lot!

Here's an overview of the new features:

• Over 90% of the code has been completely reworked and rewritten
  • Many minor and major fixes and improvements (including: search terms and sorting remain when switching as well as selected folders)
  • XML files have been outsourced into databases, making SE compatible with multiple versions (currently 2K19, 2K22, 2K23)
  • Sound-Converter has been completely rewritten and revised (new volume slider, new view of running tasks, download of YouTube music via txt files)
  • New TTS feature for easy creation of RA via Uberduck API
  • New file indexing feature to save storage space -> After opening a PCK file, SE now creates an index of all offsets. If a new file is imported that is larger than the one being overwritten, this table is updated. In the later course, the storage space gained can be reused if it is large enough.
  • New UI (light and dark mode, slim titlebar)
  • Revised export dialog -> mass export as *.ogg is now possible
  • View, export, and import of embedded sound files in soundbanks (import is still UNTESTED and in BETA!!! Use it at your own risk!!!)

... and much more!!!

Please note that this is a BETA version that may still have errors. I am not liable for any risks or damages that may arise from use. ALWAYS create a backup before doing anything else.

A final word: My tools are, have been, and will always be free. I will not offer earlier access via Patreon or charge anything for them to be used by anyone. But developing them has cost me time and money. For example, my Uberduck access costs me money every month. Therefore, I would be very grateful for any donations. So if my work helps you and you find it useful, I would appreciate your support. Thank you!

Notice: Not all data for 2K23 has been collected yet. If you want, you can send me your custom_data.xml file and I will merge your additions with the next update.

This is a first test version and may contains bugs!!! 

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE USING IT!!!!!

!!! Please read !!!

SE is compatible with WWE 2K23 and should also work with previous titles. It ships with a database for 2K19, 2K22 and 2K23! More can be added manually. 

Here is a tutorial video on how to use it (Thanks @Waldoocs)

Changes

Added:

- 2K24 database by Mark/Rampage, High Summoner Izzy, Kingpin @PWM (Please select the "2K24" database in program settings in order to use it)

Fixed:

- Sound-Preview for 2K24 isn't working

- TTS does not work due to issues with FakeYou

Changed:

- SE now remembers the current selected row / scroll position in the grid after a file import

Removed:

- Storing FormLocation and current WindowState in settings

Fixed:

- SE wasn't able to open files larger than 2GB due to internal file restrictions. This version fixes it.

I had to change the file parser for that. It might causes side effects, so please use it with caution and tell me any side effects if you notice them.

Changed:

- Small delay when moving the main window has been removed

- Settings migrated to JSON => That should fix the corrupt settings during an update

Please note: After the first run, you have to reset the settings once so that they are applied!

Fixed:

- Fetching youtube links didn't work

Changed:

- TTS now opens the internal file browser after successful result

Changed:

- Adjusted scaling (experimental, still needs work)

Added:

- Completely new and revised audio player

- TTS engine rebuilt on FakeYou (experimental feature)

Changed:

- Changed the behaviour of the template selection in "Sound-Converter" from a radio button to a combobox

- Added volume adjustment for sound preview to settings

- Automation for "Phonetic Abbreviations" can now be optionally used in the TTS dialog, which converts individual letters directly into their phonetic counterpart, for example: M J F = Em Jay Eff

- Added alternative dialog for "manual" selection of sound files in audio player and sound converter

- Backups are now created when deleting files

- App no longer starts maximized but remembers the current status as before

- Completely adjusted handling of title bar, especially the "drag" option, which sometimes did not work, as well as maximize/minimize/close functionality

- Removed border from focused minimize, maximize, close buttons

- Added new DLC entries to DB + update of current data (Thanks again to Nikita Roberts!)

Once again, my request. Providing TTS has incurred high costs here. SE is completely free for you and I would like to continue offering it for free, as well as a TTS option. However, there are costs for me that I would like to and need to cover, so if you like my work, please use the donation button within the app. Even if it's only 1-2 euros. Thank you very much!

Added:

- RA data for 2K14 from @denbigh7
- RA data for 2K23 from @esbatmusic- @Nikk_Roberts on Twitter

Added:

- Sound-Import (still WIP, please leave feedback!): Finally, full support for 2K14 PCK files!

(It is now possible to import sound files directly into a 2K14 archive - please note that this only works with files specifically created for this version!)

- Sound-Converter: Support for conversion to 'Legacy' files (files for 2K14) has been added

- Sound-Converter: Volume has been optimized and renamed to 'Volume-Boost'. The slider has been adjusted and now ranges from 0 (no change) to 40dB. 2K14 requires very high values here, so the range has been extended.

Fixed:

- Validation for YouTube links in "Sound Converter" should now support more link formats

Added:

- Crowd chant lines by Taylor86 @PWM - Thank you very much!!

Fixed:

- Wrong file ids for little endian PCK files

Fixed:

Added:

- Partial support for WWE 2K14 lastgen PCK files (read, preview, export is possible, import is not yet implemented)
- Database folders for WWE 2K14 lastgen and up to 2K18 (currently without any data)

Fixed:

- Fixed an issue where the window was still draggable when the cursor has been moved outside of the window

Changed:

- The UI has been tweaked a bit more to make it more consistent and to make it easier to use
- Titlebar and some other components now have a visible background color

Added:

- It is now possible to export files as ogg and wem with their name (which is now the default setting and can be change in program settings) instead of ID

Added:

- Rudimentary support for PS4 PCK files (read, preview, export)

Fixed:

- Importing RA sounds with smaller size moves files to another folder

Fixed:

- App is now always starting maximized to prevent issues with 'invisible' window
- TTS input box was always disabled
- Drag'n Drop on labels in "PCK-Archiver" tool wasn't working

Fixed:

- File encryption brokes indexing

Added:

- AI powered "Identity" tool for RAs (very much experimental!)
- Drag'n Drop functionality into datagridview for faster wem-file import

Optimized/Fixed:

- File indexing into larger PCK files took a really long time
- Sound-Converter tool shows filename with extension (should be without)
- Tweaked the order of contextmenu items (Export/Import/Identify, ...), added some separators

- Initial Release

Download (installer)

!!! Do not use this for an update or you will lose all edited data !!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NkxNBln5GaKU8_b4ZMhTuOicHb9HgeS1/view?usp=sharing

Please also install the dependencies, if you don't have it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15TxqjFvUG7PzjtsRZl6n0X_GyOtZ_QN1/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrSCBhtxgQ2lmjaUStgBZS1sGaqTEs6z/view?usp=sharing

Without that, conversion to wem does not work!!!

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

FAQ

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2K.

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Here is a tutorial video on how to use SE for importing custom music (Thanks @Waldoocs)

How to GET CUSTOM MUSIC For WWE 2K23! (UPDATED Step-By-Step) - WWE 2K23 Mods - YouTube

Why is there no name for some sound files?

Because nobody has named them yet. This is a manually process and needs a lot of time and effort.

If I try to open Sound Editor 2023 after an update it shows me some configuration error message

Like in the past, some users have problems with the internal update tool which - in some cases - corrupts the configuration file. To fix this do the following:

Navigate to:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Sound_Editor\Sound_Editor.exe_Url_somehash\1.0.0.0

delete the user.config file here. After this SE should start normaly but you have to make all changes in settings again.

I get an error if I try to convert files to wem -> "File 0 conversion to wem failed.  Please check your Wwise settings!"

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Editor is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.8 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10/11, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem first, because the game doesn't support other files than wem!

I will expand on this post later.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 17
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 3
  • Woo 2

• Cave Waverider pinned and unpinned this topic

Thank you for the kind words and the positive feedback! I really appreciate that. Some more screenshots:

The SoundConverter tool has also been refreshed:

se-screenshot-dark2.png

se-screenshot-dark3.png

Furthermore, I have significantly expanded the validation in order to be able to better intercept incorrect WEM imports in the future.

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 2

Pretty soon. I still have a few things to do as I'm in the process of optimizing some things and adding new features, but main focus is optimization.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Yes! 1

5 hours ago, Crowbar said:

Just curious, is there a way to edit files to add to, rather than replace, existing music?

No. Theoretically yes, it is possible to create your own pck archive with your own wem files. But you'll have to find a way to let the game know the new files are there. So you'll have to change the soundbank, add the new sounds and you'll have to change something ingame to select the new files.

Edited by TheVisitorX

9 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

No. Theoretically yes, it is possible to create your own pck archive with your own wem files. But you'll have to find a way to let the game know the new files are there. So you'll have to change the soundbank, add the new sounds and you'll have to change something ingame to select the new files.

Ahh gotcha, sounds familiar from other games I've played around with, Cyberpunk comes to mind, same system I believe or at least similar and it just gave me a headache trying to make it work.

1) will you be naming all audio files (including chants, effects and commentary)? or will it be the same with only music and announcer files named

2) would you consider getting help to name all the audio data files maybe put out a shoutout to request help to name each pck files, eg: one volunteer per pck file. I am open to volunteering.

3) When exporting audio, it will still be in wem. format right, or will it be in wav or mp3 there by making it easier to edit

4) There are some audio files in sound editor with .bnk format what are those and can they be extracted. Back in older game versions the audio was packed in bnk. So i am wondering if there are hidden audio files in those bnk format and can they be extracted

4 hours ago, Kanetaker said:

1) will you be naming all audio files (including chants, effects and commentary)? or will it be the same with only music and announcer files named

2) would you consider getting help to name all the audio data files maybe put out a shoutout to request help to name each pck files, eg: one volunteer per pck file. I am open to volunteering.

3) When exporting audio, it will still be in wem. format right, or will it be in wav or mp3 there by making it easier to edit

4) There are some audio files in sound editor with .bnk format what are those and can they be extracted. Back in older game versions the audio was packed in bnk. So i am wondering if there are hidden audio files in those bnk format and can they be extracted

I'm not able to name the audio files myself as I currently do not have the time for it. Naming all the files would take an enormous amount of effort. In the past few days, I have completely rewritten a lot of legacy code, and my priority is currently on refactoring the existing functions. I will provide the data.xml file from Mark, which currently contains the names of most of the themes for the music files as well as the generic themes. I believe he is also working on the ring announcements, but I cannot promise anything yet. Of course, I am grateful for any help and contributions, so if you have anything already, please share it with me! The files will certainly be further maintained even after the release. As mentioned, we already have the music files, but the more people help, the better!

Regarding point 3, you can already export the files as WEM or OGG. This will remain the same for now. If you export all of them, only WEM is currently possible, but OGG can be exported individually. I may expand this feature later to include mass export as OGG as well.

Regarding point 4, please take a look at my screenshots above :) You can browse through the sound banks (at least those with embedded sounds). The feature is still in development and mostly concerns the SFX files, which have many embedded sounds.

Edited by TheVisitorX

12 minutes ago, msonntag93 said:

When will the editor come please

If I can be certain that the import works correctly. There is currently an issue with the import into soundbanks that I need to solve first. I have rewritten about 80% of the tool in the past few days and want to ensure that everything works correctly before I release it, which is why it will take a little longer. It shouldn't take much longer now. Please have a little more patience! 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1