WWE2K22. - Assigning a tag finisher to a team in Universe mode using CheatEngine

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi. 

This tutorial will cover assigning a tag finisher to a tag team in Universe mode.

The issue in 2k22 is that when a tag finisher is assigned to a team in the Universe mode Team Creation menu, the selected tag finisher will not save and you get NONE displayed in the setup menu.

This is a game save issue.

The workaround will be adding the tag team finisher move ID into the team-info file using cheatengine.

What do you need to do this.?

Cheatengine. (That's about it)

I will assume here you already have a team set up in Universe mode without a tag finisher assigned. 

The first thing you want to do is create a random team in the ROSTER -EDIT TEAMS menu which is used in Exhibition mode.

Whenever a team is created in the game, team-info data is saved into memory which contains the team profile, just like a pofo or prof data is saved in memory with a superstar or CAW.

1. Create a random team and assign any tag finisher. Select a team name, any 2 characters and the tag finisher. Leave the other options as default.

For this example, I created a random team and named it BROTHERHOOD1. I also assigned the tag finisher 3D to the team

2. Next Launch cheatengine and search for the name of the team.

Type in the name of the created team in the search box. select STRING as the value type. What we are looking for is the team-info data for the created team.

OZfNSv4.jpg

When you search, right-click on the first memory address and select BROWSE MEMORY REGION. 

You should see the name of the team listed. Scroll up a bit till where you see the name of another team. 

B62nJ9b.jpg

The space between both names is the team info data  for that  team as I have circled here

5BpCwrj.jpg

3. What we are searching for within the team-info data are the bytes FF7F. This appears only once in the data so shouldn't be hard to locate visually.

A few bytes right after the FF7F 00 00 00 00 are the bytes for the Tag Finisher.

from the screenshot here, it's AF85.

huZFIZM.jpg

85AF is the ID for the tag finisher move 3D. Each move in the game has it's own ID so if you select a different tag finisher, you'll get a different value, but they will usually end with 85 .

Take note of this ID and the bytes 00 00 00 00 before it.

FF 7F 00 00 00 00 AF 85.

4. Next we go into Universe mode and navigate to MyUNIVERSE-TAG TEAMS.

Ether create a new team or Lookup the name of your universe mode.

I will be creating the same team here but I'll change the team name to BROTHERHOOD2. You can always change the team name later. I do this so it's easy to locate in cheatengine.

You will notice the TAG FINISHER will read as NONE even after assigning it in the menu. That's the bug. Now save.

5. Go to cheatengine and search for the name of your Universe mode team. I will suggest you change the name temporarily before you search if you have already created the team beforehand, for example add a number after the team name to narrow down the search results.

6. You will see a few memory addresses listed in the results. You will have to open each and brose the region.

The first result might not be the correct memory address as you will have some which contain other data. You will need to be able to figure out which is the right one from the options

I will post a few below you might come across which is not the right data

esZlvb1.jpg

FEfrREd.jpg

The memory region below is the right data. When you scroll up, you'll see the team info data and the name of another team above it.

This is not hard to locate and will depend on your ability to observe patterns in data. 

7. Look for the FF7F and you will see there is no data for a Tag Finisher ID listed after it. That's the issue right there. The selected tag finisher in the menu is not written into the memory region.

we have to add this manually.

nm9gBZL.jpg

Remember the FF7F then  00 00 00 00 and the ID for the team finisher.

Remember the ID is AF85. I add this manually to the memory region as shown.

Sometimes you will have to check a few others. Before you do so, check in the Universe mode team menu if the tag Finisher reads the name of the move.

IsBwIbm.jpg

You see here the tag finisher reads the name of the move which has the Id written into the memory region.

4HxdVrh.jpg

If I change the ID to the next HEX number B085, which is also the ID for another tag finisher, you will see the finisher will change here.

y4QAjyc.jpg

You can now change the name of the team back to whatever you choose and save . The team finisher will then be saved with the team info data.

You can now test in a Universe mode tag match.

That's about it. Good luck.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • KappaBrain 1

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to WWE2K22. - Assigning a tag finisher to team in Universe mode using CheatEngine
  • BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to WWE2K22. - Assigning a tag finisher to a team in Universe mode using CheatEngine
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this tutorial! I thought I would contribute with some codes for some tag teams.

• APA, Assisted Powerbomb C1 85
  • D-Generation X, Superkick/Pedigree Combo 67 85
  • Hardy Boyz, Extreme Combination D6 85
  • Harlem Heat, Heat Bomb 8E 85
  • Hart Foundation, Hart Attack 6D 85
  • Miz & John Morrison, Skull Crushing Finale / Starship Pain Combo 06 86
  • Moustache Mountain, Assisted Burning Hammer 3F 85
  • New Age Outlaws, Spike Piledriver 6E 85
  • New Day, Midnight Hour 79 85
  • Outsiders, Assisted Powerbomb C1 85
  • Randy Ortin, Batista, Beast Bomb & RKO 6C 85
  • Richochet & Braun Strowman, Skyscraper Senton F4 85